Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The weeb community of the 2000s was much better than the current weeb community

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
When I look at old anime forums or videos (like AMVs or top 10) I realize how much the weeb community has degenerated specially from the late 2010s until nowadays. Yes back then the weeb community was full of NEETs and autists just like today, but it was much more lighthearted and less toxic imo. Just people enjoying their favorite anime, doing fanart, collecting the merch. Even the fanboys and edgelords had some charm, despite how annoying and cringeworthy they were. Even if I was a youngcel when I used those forums (I was in middle school) I really felt I belonged somewhere and people there were friendly, not the cynical fuckwads everyone seems to be nowadays because nihilism it's the cool thing.

I'll take back the old cringe weeaboo community over the new weeb community full of normies and e-thots making self-deprecating jokes, larping about having depression and saying they watch anime ironically and that they're not weebs. Discord has ruined everything. Pre-timeskip One Piece forum discussions >>>>>>> Jojos shitposting. Also rage comics >>>>>>>>> Yes Chad and Wojak.

Don't know. Didn't use internet in 2000s. But yeah rage comics were the peak of meme culture.

Seems cool. I was born in the early 2000's, so I didn't really use the internet up until the Late 2000's/Early 2010's.

Where the fuck do you live seriously? you said no when i asked about pakistan and india but you're curry, where else do curries live?
Maybe he's from Sri Lanka :waitwhat::waitwhat::waitwhat::waitwhat::waitwhat::waitwhat::waitwhat::waitwhat::waitwhat::waitwhat::waitwhat::waitwhat::waitwhat:

Where the fuck do you live seriously? you said no when i asked about pakistan and india but you're curry, where else do curries live?
Actually that's a bit of an exaggeration. I first started using internet in 2008. But it was on an old nokia phone. So most I did was use google.

Current weebs have women influence in them. So the shitty drama culture came up. it's awful, a mix of autism and women pressure.

Current weebs have women influence in them. So the shitty drama culture came up. it's awful, a mix of autism and women pressure.
Also the community is much more immature and retarded tbh. Browing Berserk threads and most you can find is shitpost like "haha Donovan rape Guts haha funny laugh :soy::soy::soy::soy:"

Also the community is much more immature and retarded tbh. Browing Berserk threads and most you can find is shitpost like "haha Donovan rape Guts haha funny laugh :soy::soy::soy::soy:"
Who is the chick of your profile?
When I look at old anime forums or videos (like AMVs or top 10) I realize how much the weeb community has degenerated specially from the late 2010s until nowadays. Yes back then the weeb community was full of NEETs and autists just like today, but it was much more lighthearted and less toxic imo. Just people enjoying their favorite anime, doing fanart, collecting the merch. Even the fanboys and edgelords had some charm, despite how annoying and cringeworthy they were. Even if I was a youngcel when I used those forums (I was in middle school) I really felt I belonged somewhere and people there were friendly, not the cynical fuckwads everyone seems to be nowadays because nihilism it's the cool thing.

I'll take back the old cringe weeaboo community over the new weeb community full of normies and e-thots making self-deprecating jokes, larping about having depression and saying they watch anime ironically and that they're not weebs. Discord has ruined everything. Pre-timeskip One Piece forum discussions >>>>>>> Jojos shitposting. Also rage comics >>>>>>>>> Yes Chad and Wojak.
It depends of the anime. Dragon Ball community reached its prime in 2018 with crazy theories, nice fanarts and power level videos.
I don't know if it happens but I had access to Internet at home in 2008 so the average member of the weeb community back then might be older than nowadays. Now children have access to Internet when they are 3 years old.

Last edited:
like any subculture in existence its bound to get ruined by normfags infiltrating and adding their worthless normie opinions, eventually female joins and it gets more attention on social medias and boom its mainstream AKA ruined

The homojority of society usually floods a niche community and makes it about themselves. Even old animes and mangas that I like are flooded with gatekeeping faggots who inject their gender politics into every discussion and project their fag fantasies onto various characters. As I often like to say about what is old - everything you love will burn to the ground within your lifetime.

like any subculture in existence its bound to get ruined by normfags infiltrating and adding their worthless normie opinions, eventually female joins and it gets more attention on social medias and boom its mainstream AKA ruined

most nu-anime fans actually dislike anime and want it to turn woke
they come from twitter, instagram and tranny discords
it's very sad, they are taking over

Weebs have always been cringe. Have you been asleep for two decades my guy?

idk man, weebs were extremely retarded back then

nowadays at least it has some popular acceptance so fewer cringe types into it

ded srs I flat out refused to watch anime until I was 21 (this was 2011) because the image I had of the avg anime fan was so groce :feelsclown::feelsclown::feelsclown:

we did have some talented people photoshopping anime art back on myspace then, lol

You seem autismphobic since you’re like autistic this and that all the time.

Everything was better in the 2000s

wish i was there

thats what happens when based things aren't gate kept. trannies join in and morph it to how they want

Good points OP. Having had access to the internet at home since around the year 2001, I definitely do miss the older internet

Anime community use to be neets and lonely virgins coping. Now its filled with regular people, where you can't say "I find school girls hot" or "the rape fan service is pretty good", without a much of man children.

Anime fan bases are now overflowing with posers (foids, normies and pathetic tryhards)
Another great space on the internet invaded and ruined

Yes back then the weeb community was full of NEETs and autists just like today, but it was much more lighthearted and less toxic imo.
I think you're wearing rose-tinted glasses. GNAA and pre-cancerous SA members held pivotal roles in early WEEB culture. One of the most popular anime sites back then and which was still relevant until last year, animenfo.com, was created by timecop, a leading GNAA member. He also created one of the early fansub groups, Dattebayo.

I'll take back the old cringe weeaboo community over the new weeb community full of normies and e-thots making self-deprecating jokes, larping about having depression and saying they watch anime ironically and that they're not weebs. Discord has ruined everything.
Wait, that's your definition of toxic? Phew. You may pass.

Last edited:
anime is simply too mainstream nowdays

but you are right normies destroyed it, i remember late 00's and internet forums discussions about HST compared to current reddit op discussions

@thespanishcel
@Transcended Trucel
@Mecoja

regardless what do you think of naruto i'm glad that it ended in 2014 cause younger zoomers couldn't destroy it. It's will be funny if one piece ( which already decreased in quality ) will have dissapointing ending, so oda might receive aot type reaction

but you are right normies destroyed it, i remember late 00's and internet forums discussions about HST compared to current reddit op discussions

@thespanishcel
@Transcended Trucel
@Mecoja
I never been a part of an anime community and I got full access to internet in the 2013-14 I think. I agree the quality of the anime plummeted with its rise of popularity, imo pre 2005 or so anime was more mature and better.

@thespanishcel
@Transcended Trucel
@Mecoja
True. They're a lot more blacks and normies who copy them into it. They use a lot of zoomer slang which I don't personally like much. Of course the bigger issue is the sheer amount of LGBTQ into it now. Especially the transgenders, probably like 80-90% are into it.
regardless what do you think of naruto i'm glad that it ended in 2014 cause younger zoomers couldn't destroy it. It's will be funny if one piece ( which already decreased in quality ) will have dissapointing ending, so oda might receive aot type reaction
True.
I never been a part of an anime community and I got full access to internet in the 2013-14 I think. I agree the quality of the anime plummeted with its rise of popularity, imo pre 2005 or so anime was more mature and better.
I partially agree but not completely. Imo anime quality is around the same. Lots of the older anime still had tropes being spammed, meh animation and some cringy stuff. Newer anime has a lot less of these issues which balances out the lost of some gigabased anime which don't come around much anymore.

internet wasn't really a thing back in the old days where i lived so i can't compare how the old forums of weebs were to the new ones.
i don't even know the new one a lot but i might try them one day

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back