Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming The Vergilpill (DMC 5 spoilers)

AwakenedArisen

AwakenedArisen

Cute and funny appreciator
★★★
Joined
Sep 26, 2021
Posts
725
Online
12d 13h 39m
SPOILER ALERT (AGAIN)

I noticed something very interesting regarding how a lot of people react to DMC5's antagonist Vergil, by the end if the game, it is revealed that he's the father of one of the protagonists 'Nero' who was raised in an orphanage since he was a baby.
Now many people online give Vergil shit for "leaving his son" saying that he's a bad father etc... and memeing it to death, which in hindsight is not a problem, except that Vergil was not only not aware of his son's existence until after it is revealed to the player, but also it was his whore of a mother who abandoned him as a baby yet no one is giving her shit for doing that!
I think this perfectly reflects how things are in real life and the way people think in these kinds of situations l, women always get a free pass on these responsibilities even when they are the ones at fault.
 
Kevin Logan

Kevin Logan

hikikomori
★★★★
Joined
Oct 14, 2020
Posts
836
Online
32d 21h 39m
Who is the mother of nero, anyway?
 
iamsubhuman

iamsubhuman

5'4 incel at Fakecels.is
★★★★
Joined
Dec 3, 2020
Posts
2,836
Online
48d 21h 11m
also vergil killed like millions of people to make a blood tree that goes into space. at the end of the game, he gets like a slap on the wrist and everything is fine lmao
 
Speed

Speed

Commander
Joined
Feb 12, 2019
Posts
3,073
Online
87d 7h 14m
iamsubhuman said:
also vergil killed like millions of people to make a blood tree that goes into space. at the end of the game, he gets like a slap on the wrist and everything is fine lmao

It was him, but it wasn't really 'him', just an aspect of himself. I guess the noble thing to do would've been to die, but he was in desperation mode. His actions as Urizen can't really be put on 'him'. That's probably why people give him a pass on slaughtering countless NPCs for the Demon Fruit.
 
AwakenedArisen

AwakenedArisen

Cute and funny appreciator
★★★
Joined
Sep 26, 2021
Posts
725
Online
12d 13h 39m
Speed said:
It was him, but it wasn't really 'him', just an aspect of himself. I guess the noble thing to do would've been to die, but he was in desperation mode. His actions as Urizen can't really be put on 'him'. That's probably why people give him a pass on slaughtering countless NPCs for the Demon Fruit.
Also how are they gonna hold him accountable? If they get on his bad side again who knows what he might do and he's not the type to kneel either, they should be happy that he's "turned good".
 
Speed

Speed

Commander
Joined
Feb 12, 2019
Posts
3,073
Online
87d 7h 14m
AwakenedArisen said:
Also how are they gonna hold him accountable? If they get on his bad side again who knows what he might do and he's not the type to kneel either, they should be happy that he's "turned good".

This. But they'll probably examine Nero's mother's story at some point. I think when Vergil said "What form of power is this" at the end he legit didn't know what he was looking at. They might embrace some of the backstory from the DmC remake and it turns out Nero's mother was an Angel or some shit.
 
AwakenedArisen

AwakenedArisen

Cute and funny appreciator
★★★
Joined
Sep 26, 2021
Posts
725
Online
12d 13h 39m
Speed said:
they'll probably examine Nero's mother's story at some point
She went back to fucking chads after abandoning her baby boy :feelskek:, there's nothing to examine tbh, either she's still whoring herself out somewhere or she died during the events of DMC 4, either way I doubt that Vergil and Nero give two shits about her.
Speed said:
Nero's mother was an Angel or some shit.
I doubt angels exist in the dmc universe in the traditional sense, I think they would also be considered demons as well judging from enemies like the fallen and the Angelo types, kinda like SMT.
 
Speed

Speed

Commander
Joined
Feb 12, 2019
Posts
3,073
Online
87d 7h 14m
AwakenedArisen said:
She went back to fucking chads after abandoning her baby boy :feelskek:, there's nothing to examine tbh, either she's still whoring herself out somewhere or she died during the events of DMC 4, either way I doubt that Vergil and Nero give two shits about her.

I doubt angels exist in the dmc universe in the traditional sense, I think they would also be considered demons as well judging from enemies like the fallen and the Angelo types, kinda like SMT.

Yeah I just meant figuratively. They called them Nephilim's or something in the DmC remake, but you can insert whatever mysterious beings that are equal and opposite to Demons within the DMC universe. They've actually taken quite a bit of inspiration from those games. DMC 5 Nero was more or less DmC Donte reskinned, and they took some mechanics from those games too. Surprisingly the Capcom team liked that trash by Ninja Theory.
 
Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Scholar of Conciousness
★★★★★
Joined
Feb 16, 2019
Posts
28,601
Online
273d 11h 25m
iamsubhuman said:
also vergil killed like millions of people to make a blood tree that goes into space. at the end of the game, he gets like a slap on the wrist and everything is fine lmao
:lul::lul::lul:
 
ItsOver4cel

ItsOver4cel

You're either a WinnER or a big LosER
★★★★★
Joined
Sep 30, 2019
Posts
22,233
Online
72d 10h 36m
Tbf we know fuck all about his mom, she could've been killed or persecuted
Although yeah reddit has always been a cucked shithole, only good stuff that comes out from their DMC sub are the memes
 
DarkMTS_57

DarkMTS_57

J3w Potter and The Philosophy Rigged
★★★★★
Joined
Jun 5, 2019
Posts
6,566
Online
28d 12h 2m
The Alpha and The Omega.
 
shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8
Top