Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The types of people I hate in debates/arguments.

• Thread starter idkwattodowithlife
  • Start date
idkwattodowithlife

idkwattodowithlife

Banned
-
1) The intellectually dishonest ones: as they're the ones that skew stats and facts,  in their in favor, also just to win the debate.
2) The ones pushing their own agenda and propaganda: their not interested in the debate, they just want to plant their seed, and go off somewhere.
3) The ones that only cares about winning: Like the other two above, this group of people are egotistical maniacs, and they'll try to do anything to win, even if its immorally wrong, some will even go into lengths to defame their opponents.
4) The ones that throw around insults: resorting to name calling doesn't even add any value to debate.

Over the years, I try to avoid as much debates as possible, and the sociopaths/narcissist just kind of ruined it for me. I'm always interested to hear other peoples views, as I always have hope to change my mind, and mold my views into something different, also evolve in someway.

So what type of debaters do you hate? And which one of the four annoys you the most?

I hate debaters that refuse to change their stance, the only reason they even try to debate you is to have a screaming match that they can win.

jagged0 said:
I hate debaters that refuse to change their stance, the only reason they even try to debate you is to have a screaming match that they can win.
Its part of human nature to emotionally cling onto stuff thats sometimes percieved to be wrong or irrational, I guess I do relate to some people with that.

But you gotta change, in order for you to grow, and that's what I've realized sometime ago.

idkwattodowithlife said:
Internet and real life.

here it's fair everything imo

irl I don't argue with anyone so idk

you do argue alot irl?

nausea said:
idkwattodowithlife said:
Internet and real life.
here it's fair everything imo
irl I don't argue with anyone so idk
you do argue alot irl?
I don't argue, a lot in real life, but used to in the internet, and well it kind of slowed or toned down over the years. Sometimes, you just feel like you're talking to a brick wall, that frustration alone, would many make people such as myself to walk out of debates.

the ones with baffling logic and don't even stay on one track as if they are schizo. I cringe when I listen to normies arguing

So basically, you hate anyone who debates you

The ones who say that atheism is blind faith, not realising that they basically admit that blind faith is inherently stupid if they seek to deride atheism by calling it so.

The trick with internet debates is to not reply more than once or twice to the same person. This is the good thing about the Chans: not only are they anonymous, they also delete threads after a while. In forums, debates can continue for weeks. So it's best to reply just once or twice and then move on. The topic will eventually come up again anyway.

I hate the ones who tell obvious, but also unfalsifiable lies to "prove" people wrong.

Reddit contrarians do this all the time.  For example, if they're arguing with an incel who is talking about looks theory and hypergamy, they'll say some shit like "I know dozens of guys who are ugly, under 5'2, bald, 40+ years old and work minimum wage jobs and they all have hot girlfriends.  Must be your shitty personalities.  Checkmate incels!  :heh:   :heh:   :heh:   :heh: "

Ryo_Hazuki said:
I hate the ones who tell obvious, but also unfalsifiable lies to "prove" people wrong.

Reddit contrarians do this all the time.  For example, if they're arguing with an incel who is talking about looks theory and hypergamy, they'll say some shit like "I know dozens of guys who are ugly, under 5'2, bald, 40+ years old and work minimum wage jobs and they all have hot girlfriends.  Must be your shitty personalities.  Checkmate incels!  :heh:   :heh:   :heh:   :heh: "

Ryo_Hazuki said:

I love how they're the same people who act all uppity like "UHH, CITATION NEEDED". Guess the burden of proof is always on us.

VLÖ said:
I love how they're the same people who act all uppity like "UHH, CITATION NEEDED". Guess the burden of proof is always on us.