Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion The tendency in American culture for slang words to derive from the vernacular of the lowest social classes

Atavistic Autist

Atavistic Autist

Intersectional autistic supremacy
★★★★★

I saw this picture today and reflected on the fact that the popular "banned words" listed are mainly a mixture of negroid and incelosphere/looksmaxx/4chan slang. It is curious that the most impoverished and disenfranchised sectors of society are so culturally generative in their contributions to the popular lexicon -- including us on this very forum!

This actually represents a wider social phenomenon going back generations. For example, my boomer father has always hated niggers yet I can recall him often using the negroid slang term "dig," as in "do you dig it?" So pervasive is this tendency!

But as it turns out, niggers didn't coin this slang term, and merely appropriated it themselves...

...from Irish immigrants, no less, who were yet another very low social status group in American history!

So what is going on here? Why does American society have a tendency to incorporate cultural innovations from social groups which it otherwise ostracizes and spurns? Does this also occur in other countries and contexts?

I'm quite sure that explanations for this have been offered in academic literature, but given that it involves us here with respect to zoomers and generation alpha, it warrants our own takes on the matter.

Last edited:
View attachment 1271287

I saw this picture today and reflected on the fact that the popular "banned words" listed are mainly a mixture of negroid and incelosphere/looksmaxx/4chan slang. It is curious that the most impoverished and disenfranchised sectors of society are so culturally generative in their contributions to the popular lexicon -- including us on this very forum!

This actually represents a wider social phenomenon going back generations. For example, my boomer father has always hated niggers yet I can recall him often using the negroid slang term "dig," as in "do you dig it?" So pervasive is this tendency!

But as it turns out, niggers didn't coin this slang term, and merely appropriated it themselves...

View attachment 1271288

...from Irish immigrants, no less, who were yet another very low social status group in American history!

So what is going on here? Why does American society have a tendency to incorporate cultural innovations from social groups which it otherwise ostracizes and spurns? Does this also occur in other countries and contexts?

I'm quite sure that explanations for this have been offered in academic literature, but given that it involves us here with respect to zoomers and generation alpha, it warrants our own takes on the matter.
Yes, because there have always been much more grassroots than the middle class or the elite combined. The only period in history when the middle class was in the majority was in the West from 1945 to 1980.

I'm so glad nigger is off the list this week...

How are niggers a low social class? All of americuck culture revolves around them.

Am i the only one who doesnt know what does words mean? I always had the problem that i didnt know any modern slang.

It's like that in many languages. You get slang from lower classes because they constitute a large portion of society and are more likely to construct words around taboo subjects such as crime, drugs and sex (compared to the Middle Class). What occurs is that Middle Class kids pick up on the lower class slang in order to differentiate themselves from their peers but then the slang becomes universalised.

How are niggers a low social class? All of americuck culture revolves around them.
American culture revolves around Blacks in the entertainment domain, but Blacks are otherwise the poorest racial group (with perhaps the exception of certain destitute Native Americans).

This parallels how influential 4chan and the manosphere has been to internet meme culture, while otherwise being seen as a den of pariahs.

View attachment 1271287

View attachment 1271288

Don’t be racist

American culture revolves around Blacks in the entertainment domain, but Blacks are otherwise the poorest racial group (with perhaps the exception of certain destitute Native Americans).

This parallels how influential 4chan and the manosphere has been to internet meme culture, while otherwise being seen as a den of pariahs.
Reported Racist

It's like that in many languages. You get slang from lower classes because they constitute a large portion of society and are more likely to construct words around taboo subjects such as crime, drugs and sex (compared to the Middle Class). What occurs is that Middle Class kids pick up on the lower class slang in order to differentiate themselves from their peers but then the slang becomes universalised.

View attachment 1271287

View attachment 1271288

Likely true of history since times begining

There's probably different reasons/theories for this. Evola would have said it's because the american soul is niggerfied. And the whole world is americanized. Others like Theodore Dalrymple would say it's due to the the relatively recent (last decades) disenfranchisement of elite culture/values deemed oppressive/arrogant everywhere in the western world, which can cause even high status/class people to act like low class lowlifes and imitate the worse the proletariat has to offer. Time has passed since, and your example just shows how these reflexes are just a part of the modern world now.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that this is not limited to America. In western Europe whites from the bourgeoisie often love to use sandnig slang ( wesh :feelstastyman: ), listen to their music and buy drugs from them.

Yes, this occurs in my country too in i'm on the other side of the continent

Am i the only one who doesnt know what does words mean? I always had the problem that i didnt know any modern slang.
Seems like you don't even know English in the first place, let alone 'modern slang'.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back