Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion The story of Job from the Bible on enduring misfortune

• Thread starter Deleted member 23656
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23656

Self-banned
-
If you were forced to read the Bible or something you probably know about this guy.

Basically he was a good person when one day God and Satan decide to hold a bet. Satan believed if he caused enough misfortune to Job, Job will eventually get so angry he will curse God and turn away from him. So Satan keeps causing tons of misfortune as Job loses everything he has, gets diseases and basically every bit of bad luck. However Job being a good person refuses to denounce God no matter what Satan pulls. Eventually Satan gives in and realized he could not turn Job away from God. For his loyalty, God reverses all the misfortune and give Job even greater luck and prosperity.

People love to use this story to tell you to endure the hardship of life like Job. One day it will be over and you shall be rewarded well for it.

Here's something I realized though. Let me just put Jobs background.

In the land of Uz there lived a man named Job; and he was blameless and upright, one who revered God and avoided evil. He had seven sons and three daughters. He owned seven thousand sheep, three thousand camels, five hundred yoke of oxen, five hundred asses; and he had many servants, so that he was the richest man among all the peoples of the East.

The fucking hell is this? You telling me Job was a rich man which multiple wives and tons of kids before the start of this story? No wonder he believed in God so much! I mean it's not like God didn't bless him more than 99% of the population!

Forget about being rich! We don't even have a wife nevermind kids! And you want to tell us to endure like Job. At least Job knew what it was like to stick his dick in a pussy!

JFL at any moron who falls for this shit and believes if we endure like Job, we will be rewarded. We aren't even at Jobs level in the first place!

Wouldn't surprise me if God sends poor and ugly people straight to hell

Last edited:
Nope jesus healed them and made them chads
And then sent them back to hell, where chads belong :lul: :lul: :lul: :lul: :lul:
Chadops
this is the real jesus

The reward is far greater in heaven than on earth which is why we're told to not store up for ourselves riches on earth.

I don't doubt God's ability to bless me/us with great abundance on earth, but if being a life-long suicidal incel means I get an eternity in heaven then so be it.

I think that the story of Job is more about submission to God than about enduring misfortune.

Job knew that God would bail him out.
Wouldn't be surprised. I mean God already gave him such a good life so far.

The reward is far greater in heaven than on earth which is why we're told to not store up for ourselves riches on earth.

I don't doubt God's ability to bless me/us with great abundance on earth, but if being a life-long suicidal incel means I get an eternity in heaven then so be it.
That's the cope , the best cope . And only Islam will ensure the heaven for you . After Islam is send to humans . All who knows about Islam and deny it won't get into paradise even the present Jews and Christian .

I don't see Job being about passive endurance as much as it is about the acceptance of suffering.

Job accuses God of being unjust and unfair and a good portion of the lengthy middle section of the allegory is him bitching and moaning about how he did nothing wrong to deserve his fate despite his friend's accusations to the contrary. Job demands God give an account for his behavior toward him in light of him being a just man.

Then God speaks and tells Job to STFU because he has powers and knowledge of the big picture Job does not. Job apologizes, accepts his suffering, and is thereafter restored. The basic pattern at play (ordeal, suffering, acceptance, restoration) is the same as countless other hero tales, including the crucifixion. Among other things, it is trying to convey the necessity of suffering for one to achieve what a Christian would term salvation, what others might term purpose or selfhood, and so on.

That said, the story would be more based if he apologized to God, suffered in agony, died in the gutter of the plague, and received a deferred reward in the hereafter. But these are Jews writing this so I guess they had to give him his reward in this life instead; hence the awkwardness of the conclusion.