Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL The roast struggle phase is real

InMemoriam

InMemoriam

Celiacel
★★★★★

My Husband No Longer Wants Sex. Do I Divorce Him?​

The magazine’s Ethicist columnist on navigating a celibate marriage.

• Give this article

An illustration showing a woman sitting on a bed in pajamas looking over her shoulder at a sleeping partner. She has a suitcase next to her.

Credit...Illustration by Tomi Um
Kwame Anthony Appiah
By Kwame Anthony Appiah
March 31, 2023

My husband, whom I have been with for 30 years, has never been very comfortable with sex. I was in my late 30s when we met and had long been single. We worked together; he was smart and made me laugh. I realized he was basically a good person, and we were mostly happy together. Although he is a bit controlling, I have found ways to either ignore or confront this behavior. Sex and intimate contact, however, have devolved over time. Now there is no more than a daily perfunctory kiss.

The problem is that I am a very sensual person. I did have an affair that I managed to keep from him a few years ago, and that kept my sanity intact. I owe my husband a lot, and he has been deeply supportive of my art career. Recently when I left town for three weeks to take care of my ailing mother, he said that he would have killed himself if I hadn’t come back.

But can I stay in a celibate marriage for the last few years of my viability as a woman? I’ve become very depressed. We have no children together, so that is not part of the equation. I don’t want to hurt him; if I left, he would be devastated in a way that I’m not sure he could recover from. I recently met someone I am very drawn to, but I am tortured by the choice.
— Name Withheld :foidSoy:

im getting some landwhale vibes too :ha..feels:

I did have an affair that I managed to keep from him a few years ago, and that kept my sanity intact.
Self-care is the most important thing girl :foidSoy:

No but seriously fuck this bitch who cucks his husband with no remorse and starts playing the victim :lul:

Self-care is the most important thing girl :foidSoy:

No but seriously fuck this bitch who cucks his husband with no remorse and starts playing the victim :lul:
victimhood can be empowering :feelscomfy:

I did have an affair that I managed to keep from him a few years ago
stop reading right there. i really was thinking that she's living a dead bedroom situation until she admits having sex outside of marriage.
and her betabuxx husband is "devastated" by her leaving him even tho she's considering having another men, jfl at the state of men in 2023

The foid cries out in pain as she strikes you.