Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill The Recurrencepill Got Stuck in My Throat and Choked Me to Death

Wiseman

Wiseman

Law-Abiding Member
★★
Being an incel is hell, but being an incel for eternity is infinitely more hellish.

The theory of eternal recurrence has its origins in ancient religions, but there's a very simple mathematical argument one can make for it. If the universe, or the multiverse, is never-ending, then the probability of any series of events occurring eventually becomes 1. What this means is that, even after we die, the very same events that make up our lives will inevitably recur at some point in the future, and they will keep recurring again, and again, and again, and again ad infinitum. Have you ever heard of anything more horrifying?

Eternal recurrence doesn't say that anything one can imagine will eventually happen, what it implies is that any combination of events, so long as it is possible within the laws of physics, will occur and keep recurring for an infinite amount of times. If the combination of events that leads to the existence of catgirls is possible, then there will be catgirls. This might be taken as lifefuel, but we don't actually know if the laws of physics allow it.

So far, the only critique of this theory that I can think of is that there's too much we don't know about the inner workings of the universe. Maybe there's something about how the universe works that forbids eternal recurrence from happening. Of course, it also rests on the premise that the universe is eternal, which I personally agree with but some might dispute by mentioning the big bang and the eventual heat death of the universe. These theories only apply to the observable universe, and they're irrelevant here, in my opinion.

Regardless of whether the argument for eternal recurrence is convincing, just the mere prospect of getting to experience this shitty life again is frightening, and is enough to cause me great pain and anxiety. This pill of recurrence is the most unpleasant of all pills, and I can't help but spit it out.

The recurrencepill happened to me multiple times

multiplies me
multiplies me
multiplies me

This pill of recurrence is the most unpleasant of all pills, and I can't help but spit it out.
If we divide our experiences into two portions: good and bad, good being the upper 50% and bad being the lower 50%, if we're to experience all the possible events, we would experience just as much good as bad.

In the recurrencepill, for every lifetime (or rather a prison sentence) as an incel you'll get one as Chad. Recurrencepill is actually neutral, if not lifefuel. If it was to be true, it would mean that the universe is ideally just.

We were thrown into this crazy planet without consent in the first place so who is to say it can't happen again?but I still wish for nonexistence everyday.

what if you already lived an infinite amount of times? why should this time be the first time
If the recurrencepill is true, it certainly follows that we have already lived our lives an infinite amount of times. The infinitude of time goes both ways.

If we divide our experiences into two portions: good and bad, good being the upper 50% and bad being the lower 50%, if we're to experience all the possible events, we would experience just as much good as bad.

In the recurrencepill, for every lifetime (or rather a prison sentence) as an incel you'll get one as Chad. Recurrencepill is actually neutral, if not lifefuel. If it was to be true, it would mean that the universe is ideally just.
That's a good point, and I have thought about it a lot. However, the problem is that we don't know exactly how constraining the laws of nature are. What if there's some subtlety in those laws that makes our lives as Chads impossible? On the other hand, we know for certain that our lives as incels are possible, because we're living them now. This is what I was implying with the catgirls example. Still, that same point could also be used to argue against recurrence. It's confusing.

Maybe what we call conscience is just a program in a zeta computer simulation and when life is over it just reboots and you relive exactly the same life over and over again without ever realizing it. Not sure if comforting, as there's no hazardous afterlife, or depressing, as life is ultimately as awful as it is and can't be changed ever by any mean despite our persistent illusion of free will.

Being an incel is hell, but being an incel for eternity is infinitely more hellish.

The theory of eternal recurrence has its origins in ancient religions, but there's a very simple mathematical argument one can make for it. If the universe, or the multiverse, is never-ending, then the probability of any series of events occurring eventually becomes 1. What this means is that, even after we die, the very same events that make up our lives will inevitably recur at some point in the future, and they will keep recurring again, and again, and again, and again ad infinitum. Have you ever heard of anything more horrifying?

Eternal recurrence doesn't say that anything one can imagine will eventually happen, what it implies is that any combination of events, so long as it is possible within the laws of physics, will occur and keep recurring for an infinite amount of times. If the combination of events that leads to the existence of catgirls is possible, then there will be catgirls. This might be taken as lifefuel, but we don't actually know if the laws of physics allow it.

So far, the only critique of this theory that I can think of is that there's too much we don't know about the inner workings of the universe. Maybe there's something about how the universe works that forbids eternal recurrence from happening. Of course, it also rests on the premise that the universe is eternal, which I personally agree with but some might dispute by mentioning the big bang and the eventual heat death of the universe. These theories only apply to the observable universe, and they're irrelevant here, in my opinion.

Regardless of whether the argument for eternal recurrence is convincing, just the mere prospect of getting to experience this shitty life again is frightening, and is enough to cause me great pain and anxiety. This pill of recurrence is the most unpleasant of all pills, and I can't help but spit it out.
If you have good copes it’s okay