Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over The real reason anime is so obsessed with high school

• Thread starter Deleted member 23656
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23656

Self-banned
-
No it's not because of the audience been teens. Look how many seinen series for adults still take place in high school. Fully grown wagecucks reading shit about high school lol

I got this from an lp archive for an old game called Tokiemeki Memorial which is a dating sim. With the right actions, you too can statmax and become gigachad and get the waifu of your dreams.

Anyway this is the REAL REASON

To understand why so much Japanese media obsesses over high school life, you have to understand how Japanese society worked in the '90s. In general, Japanese companies used a "membership-based" model of employment, which was (and is) unique to Japan. The membership model of employment means that Japanese companies don't hire people to fill specific positions, instead hiring people based on how dedicated to the company they will be. To quote a fascinating article: "Instead of recruiting and hiring workers with specific skills to perform particular work when needed, Japanese companies have generally hired young people en masse immediately upon their graduation from college (or, especially in earlier days, from high school) by taking applications from students before they graduate and attempting to select ones with the latent ability to do any sort of work that the company may assign them."

This means that for most people about to enter the workforce, their actual college education was essentially meaningless unless they went to a trade school; they couldn't really train for a specific field of work because they had no idea what field of work they were going into, they just knew what kind of company they wanted to be hired by. The moment students were accepted into college, their quality of life for the rest of their lives had essentially been decided for them based on the prestige level of the school.

Let that sink in for a moment; imagine a world where your entire working life has already been laid out for you based on your college acceptance letters. Got into UC Berkeley or Oxford? Congratulations, you are guaranteed to be a hot commodity before you've even graduated. Forced to settle for community college? Good luck getting the third-rate jobs, loser.

This meant that for most people, high school was the last time in their lives where they felt like they had any freedom and control over their destinies. This is a big reason why high school life was so romanticized by Japanese culture. Today, while college educations have become a little more specialized to working life, high school still represents the last time in many Japanese people's lives where they can be carefree.

In other words even the Japanese know your destiny is already written by the time you're 18 and this is assuming you're a normie.

It's over for the rest of us way before that.

High IQ observation
full

in other words it's over for japanesecels

in other words it's over for japanesecels
That's why isekai is so big now.

For many japcels, it was over WAY before high school. Therefore they need to go to another world to not trigger bad memories.

Shit man, I would prefer that system. I could have a decent career by now from simply taking orders instead of having to fill out a lot of BS forms and jump though all kinds of degrading hoops to prove myself in every which way like we have to do to get hired in the USA aka hell on earth.

Remove weebs.
2148-94a237c1bf6eb5db36c8b7245ece174b.jpg

Shit man, I would prefer that system. I could have a decent career by now from simply taking orders instead of having to fill out a lot of BS forms and jump though all kinds of degrading hoops to prove myself in every which way like we have to do to get hired in the USA aka hell on earth.
Sure. If you have the right IQ that is

A lot of them didn't get to experience the ideal hs life I guess, never dated, got rejected etc. Tat y dating sim games like Persona are so popular, to re live hs vicariously thru these characters.

That's why isekai is so big now.

For many japcels, it was over WAY before high school. Therefore they need to go to another world to not trigger bad memories.
:feelskek: :feelsbadman:

Good observation ngl

Pretty much, Japs live very long hours.
Imagine being a Japcel that went through HS without anything happening.
This gives a clearer picture as to why people hikimaxx or go ER in Japan.

Let that sink in for a moment; imagine a world where your entire working life has already been laid out for you based on your college acceptance letters. Got into UC Berkeley or Oxford? Congratulations, you are guaranteed to be a hot commodity before you've even graduated. Forced to settle for community college? Good luck getting the third-rate jobs, loser.
Japan is very hierarchy based, especially with age. Elders have status regardless of their ability or character.
This meant that for most people, high school was the last time in their lives where they felt like they had any freedom and control over their destinies. This is a big reason why high school life was so romanticized by Japanese culture. Today, while college educations have become a little more specialized to working life, high school still represents the last time in many Japanese people's lives where they can be carefree.
China is like this too. If you don't pass the universal college exam, you're destined to work shit jobs forever. Also, Asian high schools aren't even that free, as they have to wear uniforms and study way more than Americans (granted, this has benefits).

The life of an average of a Japanese man SUCKS, even in high school (College they let go a little bit, though). Once they start working, it's 12 hours a day M-F and possibly Saturday until they retire. In the meantime, Japanese foids aren't expected to work as much, and the stay at home wives have free time once their spawn are in school.
Fun high school is a Japanese fantasy.

This is one reason why weebcels who want to move to Japan are out of their minds. Just enjoy the copes.

I would rope if i had to work in a industrial factory, or i would die from lung cancer within 20 years.

It's because the people who write anime/manga had no lives and no friends in highschool so they cope by making up a fake world where short ricecels such as themselves are the heroes surrounded by girls.

Japan is very hierarchy based, especially with age. Elders have status regardless of their ability or character.

China is like this too. If you don't pass the universal college exam, you're destined to work shit jobs forever. Also, Asian high schools aren't even that free, as they have to wear uniforms and study way more than Americans (granted, this has benefits).
China is way worse because there are more people to resources. Competition is a lot harder.

China is only good if youre the winner. But 99% of us are losers so...