Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The origin of the "personality matters" and "just be a good person bro" social narratives

• Thread starter InfernumOsculum
  • Start date
InfernumOsculum

InfernumOsculum

The Infernal, Divine Asshole
★★★★★
It's remnant social narratives from a time where looks as determinative of hierarchical status were obscured by religious asceticism, fanciful dress, and social mannerisms, and therefore, such narratives were more believable.

Maele verlaine 1907 007

This is from the illustrated eroticist artist Martin van Maele in early 20th century France.

This world where sexual desire was a hidden thing buried in contrast to the class and aristocracy of society - that world is gone. However, families repeat the same basic narratives and ideas that were perhaps more believable in that world than this one. And these beliefs, ideas, and mores are still deeply rooted in our psyche.

Like motherfucker, so much of our children's songs are racist Minstrel songs. "Shoe fly don't bother me" is about a black slave who's basically a stupid farm animal that can't comprehend spiritual matters, so when the angels are lassoing people to heaven, he's telling the angels to "shoe fly don't bother me".

"Turkey in a straw" (the Steamboat Willie song) is a clean version of "Old Zip Coon" which is about a black man trying to be a civilized white man but he's too retarded to figure it out.

"Oh Susanna" is about a wandering stupid black man trying to fall in love with a white woman, etc.

Do people own slaves or take pleasure mocking black people because they are stupid (and teaching their children that)? Not really. But it's just unconscious cultural patterns.

Last edited:
Anything can mean anything if looked at in a certain perspective. That is why some people see meaning here, while others don't.

Anything can mean anything if looked at in a certain perspective. That is why some people see meaning here, while others don't.

That's a good point too - perhaps handsome people really genuinely do believe in this drivel.
But this drivel had to come from somewhere (after all, 80% of men are ugly compared to women), and it's probably a remnant from a time where it was more believable due to other factors playing a role in social status.

That's a good point too - perhaps handsome people really genuinely do believe in this drivel.
But this drivel had to come from somewhere (after all, 80% of men are ugly compared to women), and it's probably a remnant from a time where it was more believable due to other factors playing a role in social status.
Even women believe in the black pill, it's just subconscious. That's the reason why they wear make up, and dressup after all.

Even women believe in the black pill, it's just subconscious. That's the reason why they wear make up, and dressup after all.
Yeah but I'm talking about where these ideas come from, not how people really feel deep down.

I think some people repeat these narratives with malicious intent (I've experienced such people), but I think stupidity is a greater explanation than malice. Most people just repeat the same patterns of their parents and their community to a large degree, and these narratives and ideas are a part of the supposed "collective wisdom" of our ancestors.

There was a time where this drivel was believable, that's what I'm saying.

Yeah but I'm talking about where these ideas come from, not how people really feel deep down.

I think some people repeat these narratives with malicious intent (I've experienced such people), but I think stupidity is a greater explanation than malice. Most people just repeat the same patterns of their parents and their community to a large degree, and these narratives and ideas are a part of the supposed "collective wisdom" of our ancestors.

There was a time where this drivel was believable, that's what I'm saying.
Exactly this. That's why when you look at the world around you everything makes no sense because (as far as we know) there has never been our creature that told us what anything is or what the purpose of anything is. We just come up with our own concepts, and believe them to be true.

Exactly this. That's why when you look at the world around you everything makes no sense because (as far as we know) there has never been our creature that told us what anything is or what the purpose of anything is. We just come up with our own concepts, and believe them to be true.

Well they're also deeply motivated by experience, psychological compartmentalization / burying, and feeling comfortable in spite of evidence to the contrary.

Well they're also deeply motivated by experience, psychological compartmentalization / burying, and feeling comfortable in spite of evidence to the contrary.
Yep, hardcore coping is in our species :feelshaha: