Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting The only time I'm happy when sober is when i have a dream of being back in my childhood.

Genetically Doomed

Genetically Doomed

Humanity is really horrifying.
My childhood was the one period of my life where I wasn't the outsider who stood out. If you liked girls, boys thought you were weird, and boys thought girls were icky (idk if children still think that way. it's maybe different for people born past 2005 or so when they were kids). People thought girls had cooties and while i did get attracted to girls, I never admitted it publicly at school. Still though, it wasn't an issue at the time when dating wasn't a thing. I didn't even know what sex was.

I had a dream several months ago where I was back in 4th grade, and I was a 10 year old again. I was really damn happy, and then I saw my childhood best friend. I was really happy to see him. Interestingly, as we were talking, he mentioned his interest in sex, which confused me as we were supposed to be 10. I then was a bit bothered by that, and can't remember much after that, but I do remember that because I was 10, I still was enjoying the rest of the dream after that. I had a dream the other night where I was back in the start of 5th grade and saw these two guys I used to talk to back then and we happily greeted each other in the cafeteria when getting lunch. The dream ended after that interaction.

Then I woke up and realized I'm now in my later 20s.

I can relate. The worst part is that even if we somehow manage to cultivate a childlike mindset as an adult (which is extremely difficult to do in the first place), the rest of the world doesn't change and nobody else in our age range follows suit, so we are still fundamentally alone.

I can relate. The worst part is that even if we somehow manage to cultivate a childlike mindset as an adult (which is extremely difficult to do in the first place), the rest of the world doesn't change and nobody else in our age range follows suit, so we are still fundamentally alone.
And the worst part is that the era I was a child in is gone (2000s).