Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel The only thing I thought I had going on about me, WAS A COPE

• Thread starter Deleted member 24529
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24529

Self-banned
-
For years I thought I was very intelligent. Like 120+ IQ. I easily got through CS engineer degree, my previous psychologist told me I was intelligent, I knew I noticed patterns and could predict very well. Today I was at a clinical psychologist place for an examination (not the same guy, I saw this one for the first time). Apparently a part of this examination was about measuring my IQ. It's 110-ish. LMFAO I am a normalfuck basically. And I thought "Not going the way soyciety is going (politically, socially, etc) is making me intelligent" LMFAAAAAAAO. I mean sure, they asked me for stuff like definitions of words (I am horrible at explaining) and this stuff fucked the overall result a lot.

it's still above average
I'm prolly like 90 tbhtbh :feelstastyman::feelstastyman::feelstastyman:

Yeah that sucks.
My iq is between 80 and 90. A fucking rock is clever than me lol.
It sucks to be me.

intelligence is cope anyway

I don't know about CS but if it's anything like software engineering then you should be smarter than 110 IQ.

NGL it was a slight humble brag to make myself feel better ITT TBQH BBQ QWERTYUIOP.
I don't know about CS but if it's anything like software engineering then you should be smarter than 110 IQ.
In my country CS is a combination of some hardware stuff as well as software. Programming and specifically software engineering classes are included. It also could be that my depression and general mental state is fucking up my score maybe?

Intelligence doesn't matter, self assurance does & that usually correlates with looks or being bigger than the rest.

A dumbass operating at 100% thinking he's king shit will get farther in life than a genius full of self doubt, anxiety & second guessing his every action.

When I was a kid, I thought I had 130 iQ. The reality is if you're an incel, aren't rich, don't have a good job, and got bullied in school, it means you are at 90 or less.

mogs me i got 20

When I was about 14, I took an official IQ test and scored 115.

But I don't think one single test is very professional and can give a correct result. It all depends on luck if you understand these questions correctly and on your mood that day. Maybe you're tired and baam IQ result down 10 points.

NGL it was a slight humble brag to make myself feel better ITT TBQH BBQ QWERTYUIOP.

In my country CS is a combination of some hardware stuff as well as software. Programming and specifically software engineering classes are included. It also could be that my depression and general mental state is fucking up my score maybe?

Yes, as depression and adhd usually lower unimpeded scores by 10-15 points (i.e. you operating at max mental capacity with no hindrances would probably score 120+).

IQ is a meme. There are people out there that test 140 but never do anything with it other than sudoku puzzles.

That said I've observed the whole "ugly unpopular loser guy spends a lot of time alone so he must be smart" thing ever since I was a kid. People just assume someone can't be a loser in every metric so they must be smart, especially if they're wearing glasses. It's a common cope.

When I was about 14, I took an official IQ test and scored 115.

But I don't think one single test is very professional and can give a correct result. It all depends on luck if you understand these questions correctly and on your mood that day. Maybe you're tired and baam IQ result down 10 points.
Correct. You need to take tests at your best with no mental illness, proper sleep + diet, and take multiple tests spaced over years to get a very accurate measure

Correct. You need to take tests at your best with no mental illness, proper sleep + diet, and take multiple tests spaced over years to get a very accurate measure

Unfortunately they are quite expensive. Not worth it in my opinion.

My condolences

their is know iq for you're face

Unfortunately they are quite expensive. Not worth it in my opinion.
Also agree. I took an IQ test when I was severely depressed (suicidal) with untreated adhd and scored 115, making me even more depressed despite 115 being above average. Like OP I always prided myself on being very intelligent but I couldn't even be more than above average I thought.

I came to terms with it after acknowledging for a fact that I'm smart (certainly infinitely more so than average) no matter what my IQ test showed, but I had the chance to take another IQ test after being in a much better mental and emotional state and scored 138 (147 verbal, most important tbqh). So OP I know where you're coming from, but if you know you're smart and have already achieved in life then there's nothing more to prove

Last edited:
Yeah I know how it sounds like hooker telling you you are hung. But tbh he had no reason to lie to me. We were like pals at that time and we agreed on some deep topics. He saw how non normie I was. I guess.

I imagine that my failure at life is evidence that I'm not very intelligent. Or at most I'm a bit above average, but completely fucked in the head due to bad experiences and isolation. But idk because I've never been tested, and I can't see anything good coming out of being tested. You either get disappointment or arrogance, both are bad.

I got tested at 11 and it was 111 :feelstastyman:
I cope by telling myself that IQ increases over teen years, but I sure as fuck wont take a test its all I have left :cryfeels:

Intelligence doesn't matter, self assurance does & that usually correlates with looks or being bigger than the rest.

A dumbass operating at 100% thinking he's king shit will get farther in life than a genius full of self doubt, anxiety & second guessing his every action.
There are studies, I believe, showing that the level of inhibition grows with IQ, as you think too much about unimportant stuff or something like that.

Why the fuck do you care about your iq

U got that degree n all who the fuck cares what some 'psychologist' thinks your iq is

For years I thought I was very intelligent. Like 120+ IQ. I easily got through CS engineer degree, my previous psychologist told me I was intelligent, I knew I noticed patterns and could predict very well. Today I was at a clinical psychologist place for an examination (not the same guy, I saw this one for the first time). Apparently a part of this examination was about measuring my IQ. It's 110-ish. LMFAO I am a normalfuck basically. And I thought "Not going the way soyciety is going (politically, socially, etc) is making me intelligent" LMFAAAAAAAO. I mean sure, they asked me for stuff like definitions of words (I am horrible at explaining) and this stuff fucked the overall result a lot.

Still mogs my IQ into shit dude, I used to think if I study hard I can become a genius but turns out it's all genetic and self improvement is a bluepilled lie. I am like 80 Iq because autistic with learning disabilities

I am probably the same as you. I think I am 120+, the mensa free test gave me 140+. But that's not indicative. But maybe I am 110nish now as well since brain has been rotting in NEETDOM since 4 years.
intelligence is cope anyway
Its a good cope though. It won't get me a girl or even a comfortable life but I can mog the fuck out of others in competitive exams and shit like that. Heck it is the only reason I have a job since my interpersonal skills are shit.

Last edited: