Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming The only Game i was ever excited for that couldn't meet my expectations.

Unsaveable

Unsaveable

Mythic
★★★★★
Was Bioshock Infinite.

Since the very first month or so when the teaser trailer dropped i was hooked because i was a big fan of the Bioshock franchise, then more and more trailers came out, more and more info was released. i was so hyped for it i could hardly contain my 13 year old childish excitement. and then finally the day of its release came, and i played it only to realise it was nothing like the trailers and left completely disappointed.

God Damn it man the only game i was excited for, the only game i cheered on for and it got fucking butchered.. it's like a bad dream remembering it. :cryfeels:

I was very excited for resident evil 3 remake, and it was trash tbhngl. I got very upset and ended up cooming to Jill Valentine's HD models for a month.

Our lives are nothing but a endless series of disappointments.

The original Bioshock will forever remain one of the best games of all time.

I remember getting exited and fantasizing about a MMO for months before my parents bought me my first gaming-capable PC and then not even checking it out. Top that. Tbh I haven't really get excited much for a game in my life. I always check reviews etc. before a purchase.
Was Bioshock Infinite.

Since the very first month or so when the teaser trailer dropped i was hooked because i was a big fan of the Bioshock franchise, then more and more trailers came out, more and more info was released. i was so hyped for it i could hardly contain my 13 year old childish excitement. and then finally the day of its release came, and i played it only to realise it was nothing like the trailers and left completely disappointed.

God Damn it man the only game i was excited for, the only game i cheered on for and it got fucking butchered.. it's like a bad dream remembering it. :cryfeels:
I enjoyed that game. Especially liked the story much. What did you dislike?
I was very excited for resident evil 3 remake, and it was trash tbhngl. I got very upset and ended up cooming to Jill Valentine's HD models for a month.
Capcom knew it was gonna sell after REMAKE 2 and just made a cash grab with a B team. The amount of cut content was inexcusable.

I remember getting exited and fantasizing about a MMO for months before my parents bought me my first gaming-capable PC and then not even checking it out. Top that. Tbh I haven't really get excited much for a game in my life. I always check reviews etc. before a purchase.

Capcom knew it was gonna sell after REMAKE 2 and just made a cash grab with a B team. The amount of cut content was inexcusable.
Yeah, it was terrible. A lot of content was cut but Jill was so hot I’d go on a rampage to have sex with her. (On Mario kart)

Pretty much everything was falsely advertised so much of the game's content got removed that devs said they they could've made 4 whole games with it.

if you have seen 2010 and 2011 demos you might get an idea.

Some of my biggest gripes with the game are:

>The environment is lacking horror and feels stale: the eerie world shown in 2010 and 2011 demos doesn't exist in the final product.

>The world of Colombia feels lifeless and small: originally the game was supposed to be far more sandboxy and open.

>Many of the enemy types were supposed to be recurring : such as the boys of silence and the siren each of who appeared only once in the finished product.

>The game has complete lack of life and death choices: initially as it was shown in the 2011 the game had far bigger choice element and your choice would've mattered far more than shown in the finished product.

>No interaction with the Enemy NPCs: in the demos the player was shown to be able to interact with Enemy NPCs and even ward them off without fighting in certain situations.

So as you can see the game was very very dumbed down both gameplay and story wise.

Yeah, it was terrible. A lot of content was cut but Jill was so hot I’d go on a rampage to have sex with her. (On Mario kart)
I have nutted so much on jill art tbh. This image is my fav(I dig the artstyle hard).
Nicemilkersjill
Pretty much everything was falsely advertised so much of the game's content got removed that devs said they they could've made 4 whole games with it.

if you have seen 2010 and 2011 demos you might get an idea.

Some of my biggest gripes with the game are:

>The environment is lacking horror and feels stale: the eerie world shown in 2010 and 2011 demos doesn't exist in the final product.

>The world of Colombia feels lifeless and small: originally the game was supposed to be far more sandboxy and open.

>Many of the enemy types were supposed to be recurring : such as the boys of silence and the siren each of who appeared only once in the finished product.

>The game has complete lack of life and death choices: initially as it was shown in the 2011 the game had far bigger choice element and your choice would've mattered far more than shown in the finished product.

>No interaction with the Enemy NPCs: in the demos the player was shown to be able to interact with Enemy NPCs and even ward them off without fighting in certain situations.

So as you can see the game was very very dumbed down both gameplay and story wise.
I see how it would disappoint you with those (understandable) expectations but personally I had no knowledge of the demos or developers' promises. I enjoyed the game as it was. Sorry that your experience was ruined though.

Was Bioshock Infinite.

Ok GrAYcel

I see how it would disappoint you with those (understandable) expectations but personally I had no knowledge of the demos or developers' promises. I enjoyed the game as it was. Sorry that your experience was ruined though.

On its own the game wasn't that bad but as a Bioshock game and with all the expectations it carried it was mediocre imo.

I have nutted so much on jill art tbh. This image is my fav(I dig the artstyle hard).

Lmfao I have coomed to that picture :lul: I really liked her in game model tbh. There were animations with her in game models and I literally would do everything to have sex with her. Her voice is so amazing too.

System Shock 2 is a better game than all of the clones and wannabes that have come since

The Bioshock games were mediocre imitations of SS2

SS2 has a better villain, better horror elements, and way deeper character customization.

The Bioshock games were mediocre imitations of SS2

Having played System Shock 2 I have to disagree, they're not all that similar outside of some basic gameplay and concept similarities.
SS2 has a better villain, better horror elements, and way deeper character customization.

Not sure about horror elements but with deeper character customization i agree.

The biggest strength of Bioshock was and is its environmental storytelling, the fact that the enemies you face off against are crazy people and not monsters or androids of some kind is what differentiated it from the rest of the games of its time.

Last edited: