Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The ONE thing that I might call an "interest" of mine are video games. And even then, I SUCK at them.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
Glossing over the fact that I haven't properly enjoyed a game in years, it's still the only thing that comes even close to an interest. Literally NOTHING else in life interests me. And for more than 1 year I spent every day googling, looking on reddit and youtube trying to find at least one god damn thing to interest me (and I couldn't).

And yet, I suck at even these:

At any pvp game I can play for hundreds of hours and I'm always still low-ranked. Like, in Overwatch, CSGO - so many hundreds of hours and I sucked. LoL - played on and off since ~2010 and I never got out of silver (though in this case I kinda screwed around a lot cause I always get bored and I keep switching roles, playing odd champions etc... I still should be much better by now)

MMOs like WoW, Runescape - never raided or pvped seriously, I literally can't remember what the fuck I did for the tens thousands of hours that I've played MMOs, cause I sure as hell never got anywhere.

"Complex" games like Factorio, Rimworld, Paradox titles - they literally make me question my existence. I guess I don't have a good enough attention span to actually put in the time to learn games like these.

And through all these of course I never made any "friends". I'm as avoidant online as I am irl.

Not to mention that nowadays I can't even play a game without getting bored after 20 minutes.

Last edited:
play singleplayer games.

"Complex" games like Factorio, Rimworld, Paradox titles - they literally make me question my existence. I guess I don't have a good enough attention span to actually put in the time to learn games like these.
The only games that I'm somewhat good at tbh. Although I say "good", however I'm not sure that's applicable. Most of these types of games are just trial and error, once you understand how they work you'll rarely struggle with them much at all.

Oh no I am not a pro gamer this is why I am inkewll:feels::soy: :feelsseriously:

The only games that I'm somewhat good at tbh. Although I say "good", however I'm not sure that's applicable. Most of these types of games are just trial and error, once you understand how they work you'll rarely struggle with them much at all.
You're right, you just have to get the hang of it. I eventually somewhat got the hang of Factorio (though I'm still slow and inefficient and I make many mistakes that screw me later). But Paradox games - no, just no. EU4 for example is very interesting to me, I want to play it so much. But I tried like 6 times and every god damn time I give up in like 30 minutes cause that game is a fucking enigma, too much shit going on and I never know what to do. I wish it was turn-based like Civ, cause at least in civ you have a few things you can do per turn and that's it.

It's the worst when you play a singleplayer game with great story and you keep fucking dying because you're just terrible at the game/don't comprehend the mechanics. This kills the mood and distracts from the story.

Also I get the LOL and CSGO points, I have thousands of hours in them and I am absolutely terrible.

I'm also shit at my favorite fighting game, mortal kombat.

Not to mention that nowadays I can't even play a game without getting bored after 20 minutes.
literally me. i can only play in increments nowadays

Im not good enough for esports or anything like that but im not bad at video games ngl.

It's the worst when you play a singleplayer game with great story and you keep fucking dying because you're just terrible at the game/don't comprehend the mechanics. This kills the mood and distracts from the story.

Also I get the LOL and CSGO points, I have thousands of hours in them and I am absolutely terrible.

I'm also shit at my favorite fighting game, mortal kombat.
I can't play games with great story anymore. Same thing with movies: if I think the story is interesting, at best I just google a summary and I give up on it. Idk why, but I can't sit through a story anymore. It's like my brain is reductionist: why see the details when the summary is just as good?

You're right, you just have to get the hang of it. I eventually somewhat got the hang of Factorio (though I'm still slow and inefficient and I make many mistakes that screw me later). But Paradox games - no, just no. EU4 for example is very interesting to me, I want to play it so much. But I tried like 6 times and every god damn time I give up in like 30 minutes cause that game is a fucking enigma, too much shit going on and I never know what to do. I wish it was turn-based like Civ, cause at least in civ you have a few things you can do per turn and that's it.
The problem with Paradox games is that they do a very poor job of explaining what you should really be doing within the game. Actually with games like EU4 and CK2, they've been in development for so long and now have so many systems that you'd probably be better off watching another person's gameplay on Youtube or something before even attempting to play these games yourself.
Yeah.

I like playing Dark Souls a lot, especially 3, well at least if I turn off online features, since I don't like pvp and don't summon anyway. But the problem is that I'm so bad at that game that I make a fool of myself whenever I try to play it, unless I'm doing some really bullshit build or something, but even then it depends on the boss.

I can't play games with great story anymore. Same thing with movies: if I think the story is interesting, at best I just google a summary and I give up on it. Idk why, but I can't sit through a story anymore. It's like my brain is reductionist: why see the details when the summary is just as good?
As the brain deteriorates from traumatic events/sadness/disappointment etc. I guess it loses its capacity to put in mental effort which is important to grasping stories. I think it also gets worse with time.

I am too poor to afford games or consoles.
Btw play single player games, that's where the real fun is at(atleast for me).

in all honesty most people who got good at EU4 got good after watching long tutorials and probably spent a shit ton of time autistically obsessing over it.
I don't really struggle with singleplayer games and you can usually cheese them out too.I don't do badly in multiplayer games but everyone these days has amazing mouses and keyboards with lot less input lag and they have 144hz monitors and pcs that run at a really good framerate so yeah that's a bitch.

I am too poor to afford games or consoles.
Btw play single player games, that's where the real fun is at(atleast for me).
in all honesty most people who got good at EU4 got good after watching long tutorials and probably spent a shit ton of time autistically obsessing over it.
I don't really struggle with singleplayer games and you can usually cheese them out too.I don't do badly in multiplayer games but everyone these days has amazing mouses and keyboards with lot less input lag and they have 144hz monitors and pcs that run at a really good framerate so yeah that's a bitch.
The problem with Paradox games is that they do a very poor job of explaining what you should really be doing within the game. Actually with games like EU4 and CK2, they've been in development for so long and now have so many systems that you'd probably be better off watching another person's gameplay on Youtube or something before even attempting to play these games yourself.

Yeah.

I like playing Dark Souls a lot, especially 3, well at least if I turn off online features, since I don't like pvp and don't summon anyway. But the problem is that I'm so bad at that game that I make a fool of myself whenever I try to play it, unless I'm doing some really bullshit build or something, but even then it depends on the boss.
Funnily enough, I've actually heard this piece of advice before and I watched several let's plays, several tutorials and guides on youtube. Still, when I got into the game, I gave up after ~30 minutes each time. There's just too much going on and there's too little direction. I like it in Civ 5, you have your workers, you have your military units, and you have each city's production. That's it, you know where to go and what to do, the actions available to you aren't buried beneath 500 other possible actions.

As the brain deteriorates from traumatic events/sadness/disappointment etc. I guess it loses its capacity to put in mental effort which is important to grasping stories. I think it also gets worse with time.
Same thing happened with me but with anime. Hard to concentrate enough to sit through a movie or show anymore. Have completely stopped reading books.

What about Skyrim and the Elder Scrolls games in general or even the Fallout series?

Can you have fun playing them?

They’re easy enough to get into I think with relatively easy to get used to mechanics and not very difficult gameplay plus I think most if not all of them have difficulty sliders or mods where you can quite literally make things as easy to progress through as you need.

Maybe you're just not good at kb&m, try controller, console though to avoid disadvantage. You wrist or arm aim, palm, claw or fingertip? Armrest or not?

I've been bad at just about every multiplayer game except rocket league. I'm way better at sp games, especially ones I play a lot.

I've been bad at just about every multiplayer game except rocket league. I'm way better at sp games, especially ones I play a lot.
SP games give you more time to react & balance things in your favour unless you pick the nightmare difficulty.

Yea a few yrs ago i tried googling hobbies and nothing interested me, the only few interests i have are so obscure, sucks being a sperg

What about Skyrim and the Elder Scrolls games in general or even the Fallout series?

Can you have fun playing them?

They’re easy enough to get into I think with relatively easy to get used to mechanics and not very difficult gameplay plus I think most if not all of them have difficulty sliders or mods where you can quite literally make things as easy to progress through as you need.
Idk, I played the shit out of Skyrim back in the past. I tried to get back into it several times now, and I couldn't. Modded it to shit and back, spent many hours modding it, and then I played 30 minutes and I deleted it, mods and all. This process has been repeated like 5 times.
Yea a few yrs ago i tried googling hobbies and nothing interested me, the only few interests i have are so obscure, sucks being a sperg
Yeah, I even found a list of like 100+ hobbies, literally nothing appealed to me.
Maybe you're just not good at kb&m, try controller, console though to avoid disadvantage. You wrist or arm aim, palm, claw or fingertip? Armrest or not?
I'm playing while fully laying in bed, one hand on WASD the other on the mouse. Yeah, it's probably a tiny disadvantage.
I even suck at Rocket league, I only ever got to Gold rank, and that's after ~160 hours, on and off over the years.

Last edited:
Well i can't relate since im the best gamer of the history.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back