Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The naiveté of some lookism communities bothers me

opioidcel

opioidcel

Overlord
★★★★★
I have noticed that not all communities centred around uglies and exposing lookism take as defeatist a stance as this forum where you will be blatantly told to either LDAR or rope or cope throughout life while being treated as someone who's beneath everyone that is if the person were to venture outside. Never have I ever seen posts on here aimed at igniting some sort of activism at convincing people of lookism being a thing.

In fact when perusing the Must Read Section posts I noticed that quite a few posts on there seemed to have this goal of convincing the normies of lookism being a thing. I suppose it could be framed as a way to escape the self gaslighting which happens when you are perpetually lied to and thereby are led to frame it as such but I do believe that at least some users believed they could some convince people of lookism being a thing, a mode of discrimination rooted in reality and perhaps have some people mitigate the harshness of their treatment that they were inflicting on said people.

But still here on .is everybody knows that this is a losing battle. One cannot fight nature itself and lookism cannot be brought down because it's biological.

Where this idea of activism is all the more prominent to the point of ridiculousness is other lookism communities on the internet where the uglies congregate and it is a common fixture on there to see posts asking "why aren't we doing more to bring light to the fact that lookism exists and it destroys lives?" and so on. They are under the impression that demonstrating how being treated like shit over their looks has caused them to self isolate and made them suicidal would so emphatically sadden normal people that they would change their treatment immediately. But what this misses out on is that making uglies self isolate and rope is the very function and end goal of lookism.

Lookism is so inherent to human nature that it cannot be eradicated and asking for activism for it to be done away with is akin to asking water to become dry because its being wet inconveniences you.

@VideoGameCoper
@Incline
@DarkStar

They are under the impression that demonstrating how being treated like shit over their looks has caused them to self isolate and made them suicidal would so emphatically sadden normal people that they would change their treatment immediately. But what this misses out on is that making uglies self isolate and rope is the very function and end goal of lookism.
This is what makes me laugh every time. They are desperately trying to bring attention to lookism issues in vain hopes that it will somehow resonate with Normies and bring empathy to the community. But it's a fool's errand.

Normies already know that there is plenty of genetic losers around. Their empathy for us exists in abstract space, it's a very weak form of empathy bordering on indifference, the same kind of empathy a random first world citizen will hold for an African living in a mud hut village earning 1/20th of his wages.

I think this meme summarizes this very well:

Every group of people organizes themselves in hierarchies, they WANT us to exist so that they can mog us. There is no winners without losers. No rich without the poor. They don't want us to succeed, and they do not give a single fuck about our issues as long as they do not affect them.

By acknowledging lookism, the woke bubble that many normies choose to live in would be destroyed.

Valid point tbh, and this is a brutal blackpill we all have to swallow

I still do have some -albeit fleeting- hope for societal change, but it won't be through any kind of "incel uprising" or even a broadly male one: However, it probably will incorporate some elements discussed within the broad "manosphere"

Lookism is inherent, and it can't be changed: However, what we just want is for people to accept determinism as well as the fact lookism & the blackpill are real instead of getting hit with the usual gaslighting we do.