Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The more you want something in life, the more likely you are to achieve it.. except in dating

WheelsofConfusion

WheelsofConfusion

Smith Chart admirer
-
In dating, the rules work the opposite way of everything else. If you really want to be an excellent guitar player, you are going to put the effort in to achieve this goal. However, if you really want to have a relationship this is seen as desperate or sad and no one will want to be with you. It's because people are not the same as things. Anyone can make themselves smarter by reading more. Anyone can get better at playing a card game by playing it more, but you can't do this with people. You can't just fuck someone to "gain experience" unless you are some kind of psychopath. This is the part that really hurts me because I want to date someone my age (22) but these people are always in relationships and have had multiple partners in the past. I just don't stack up in terms of experience. Unless I specifically target fat, unwanted people and use them for sex which would be a huge waste of time for both parties.

Not true for me in regards to playing an instrument. If i do something too much I some how get worse at it (ultimate suifuel)

Not true for me in regards to playing an instrument. If i do something too much I some how get worse at it (ultimate suifuel)

I promise practice makes you improve with regards to instruments man. I suck pretty bad at guitar and I definitely learn much slower than average, but I started late (21). Ultimately it is just repetitive finger motions.

I promise practice makes you improve with regards to instruments man. I suck pretty bad at guitar and I definitely learn much slower than average, but I started late (21). Ultimately it is just repetitive finger motions.

I have an issue where I learn incorrect or bad muscle memory, and I find it impossible to relearn new and the correct muscle memory.

Which is why I get worse when I try more, as the fucked up muscle memory takes over if I spend too much time.