Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious The modern concept of "love" isn't love at all

• Thread starter Deleted member 8353
  • Start date
Deleted member 8353

Deleted member 8353

Former Hikikomori, Aimless Pleasure Seeker
-
I'm getting sick of hearing about this so called "love" present in all forms of modern media. Every time it's mentioned, the what's actually being described isn't love, but rather lust, or at best, infatuation. You'll hear about two people supposedly "falling in love" all the time, yet the only thing that binds them together is their mutual attraction for one another. There is no shared desire to build something together, no real understanding of each other, and usually it isn't even the case that the two in question fulfill each other emotionally with their connection.

The truth is that actual love isn't generally felt for other individuals, it's reserved for something which gives you a sense of belonging and community to others(like a country, or even humans in general), God, or something incredibly personal to whomever is perceiving it(this can even be a vague idea or preconceived notion of a real person). However in the latter case, loving the idea you've created for yourself about another person, it's not the same thing as actually feeling love for them. You love the mannequin you've chosen to construct for yourself, but not the separate consciousness to whom you've projected this image upon.

The point is, whenever love is mentioned in any modern context between individuals, you should actually replace the word "love" with "lust", as to understand the meaning with no self deception. There is no love, modernity has largely destroyed it, and all that remains is the rampant hedonism which has usurped it.

love doesnt exist

its only lust

stop the "im waiting for love br0" copes

stop the "im waiting for love br0" copes
Agreed. Those who think like this are simply deluding themselves. She'll never love you, and you'll never really love her either, even if you sincerely believe that you do.

"Love at first sight"
This is all you need to know about female sexual attraction.
We've heard this phrase many times in our childhood, but never truly understood the ramifactions of it.
Truly,
society.

Agreed. Those who think like this are simply deluding themselves. She'll never love you, and you'll never really love her either, even if you sincerely believe that you do.
If anyone is waiting for "true love br00" you will wait until your death.

I'm getting sick of hearing about this so called "love" present in all forms of modern media. Every time it's mentioned, the what's actually being described isn't love, but rather lust, or at best, infatuation. You'll hear about two people supposedly "falling in love" all the time, yet the only thing that binds them together is their mutual attraction for one another. There is no shared desire to build something together, no real understanding of each other, and usually it isn't even the case that the two in question fulfill each other emotionally with their connection.

The truth is that actual love isn't generally felt for other individuals, it's reserved for something which gives you a sense of belonging and community to others(like a country, or even humans in general), God, or something incredibly personal to whomever is perceiving it(this can even be a vague idea or preconceived notion of a real person). However in the latter case, loving the idea you've created for yourself about another person, it's not the same thing as actually feeling love for them. You love the mannequin you've chosen to construct for yourself, but not the separate consciousness to whom you've projected this image upon.

The point is, whenever love is mentioned in any modern context between individuals, you should actually replace the word "love" with "lust", as to understand the meaning with no self deception. There is no love, modernity has largely destroyed it, and all that remains is the rampant hedonism which has usurped it.
Yeah the only example of real love is anime love, you know when the average or goddamn ugly protagonist gets the girl through his personality. But then the ugly/perverted/average/boring protagonist usually gets super op so that’s probably a reason as well

Common Filth used to say that a synonym for the modern usage of love is cum. LGBTBBQ says love is love = cum is cum. And this accounts for white stacy's fondness for canines too.

There is no shared desire to build something together, no real understanding of each other, and usually it isn't even the case that the two in question fulfill each other emotionally with their connection.

When I hear normies talk about love, that's what they're talking about. They are talking about building a life together and understanding one another.

When I hear normies talk about love, that's what they're talking about. They are talking about building a life together and understanding one another.
But this isn't what occurs. Nobody really understands anyone else, and foids have no desire to build a life for it's own sake, they only feel this for Chad, which has nothing to do with love.

true love will only exist once we get full drive vr gfs, and even this it will technically be fabricated

But this isn't what occurs. Nobody really understands anyone else, and foids have no desire to build a life for it's own sake, they only feel this for Chad, which has nothing to do with love.

But you're talking about the "concept." This is the "concept" as people understand it. And people do want it. It's just it's maybe not that easy for people to find.

But you're talking about the "concept." This is the "concept" as people understand it. And people do want it. It's just it's maybe not that easy for people to find.
Maybe. The problem I see is perhaps that people may want it, but nobody really finds it, at least not entirely. We can conceptualize things which we've never experienced, even things which never existed at all. As I said, personally I struggle to believe that two people can actually feel love for each other, but that's ultimately a separate issue.

More like the western concept.

More like the western concept.
Well to be fair, the west used to have a very different idea about love, but I suppose the title should've read "modern western concept" to be more specific.

Well to be fair, the west used to have a very different idea about love, but I suppose the title should've read "modern western concept" to be more specific.
I think the word "love" as it appears in English and most western languages is very defective. Because it means so many different types of feelings.

I remember when I was into Buddhism that in Sanskrit there are actually two words for "love": "raga" and "meta", if I remember correctly.

"Raga" is basically romantic love: attached, dependent on specific circumstances such as physical attractiveness, selfish (you want the person for yourself and feel jealous of third parties).

"Meta" is basically true love. The feeling of rejoicing on other creatures being happy and free of suffering, and having compassion with the ones who suffer, without differentiating through factors such as looks, gender, age or even species and without wanting anything from them.

I know Catholicism also has some distinctions like that, but I'm not really well versed in them. When I tried to be a Christian I was mostly a Protestant.

(This is a copypasta since this theme has already been brought up several times).

love = most forced meme of all time

On a side note, i buy myself chocolates for valentines day, as foids don't deserve chocolates or love either one. :feelshaha:

I think the word "love" as it appears in English and most western languages is very defective. Because it means so many different types of feelings.

I remember when I was into Buddhism that in Sanskrit there are actually two words for "love": "raga" and "meta", if I remember correctly.

"Raga" is basically romantic love: attached, dependent on specific circumstances such as physical attractiveness, selfish (you want the person for yourself and feel jealous of third parties).

"Meta" is basically true love. The feeling of rejoicing on other creatures being happy and free of suffering, and having compassion with the ones who suffer, without differentiating through factors such as looks, gender, age or even species and without wanting anything from them.

I know Catholicism also has some distinctions like that, but I'm not really well versed in them. When I tried to be a Christian I was mostly a Protestant.
High IQ post, this is similar to what I was referring to, the western media's idea of love is entirely romantic love. Which as far as I can tell isn't really love at all, like I said it's more like lust combined with infatuation, it's also a bit strange that "love" can mean entirely different things depending upon the context.
(This is a copypasta since this theme has already been brought up several times).
JFL, it's so hard to make an inceldom discussion thread which isn't recycled.

There is only one form of "love". unconditional love. Everything else is fabricated and a misnomer.

This type of love can only exist between a creator and a creation. For only the creator truly and fully knows EVERYTHING about the creation and the creation has to freewill to choose whether to love or hate the creator. (and the creator doesn't necessarily have to be God).

Love exist while you provide things to a woman.No,most of them don't know nor have a clue of what true love is.
As long as you provide them security in the economic field and other stuff,she will "love" you.
But man,overall relationships are a pain in the ass.I preffer to die instead of being inside one.
Most of people don't love,they are just horny as fuck.