Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious The GTA Online Planes and Helicopters control horribly

Words2_live_bye

Words2_live_bye

What a Shame ...
★★★★★
The controls are fine when you're just flying around and stuff for the most part. But holy fuck is it dog shit when you try to use the weapons that require you to manually aim them. I'm talking missiles and guns. The PC controls are shit for actual accuracy. I hear playing with controller makes it easier. But even then it takes skill. It's honestly why most people resort to using auto lock on missiles. It gets the job done usually and it's way more accurate and reliable when trying to line up a shot and then shoot something when your crosshair is only on the target for less than a half a second.

I know the controls are "realistic" to a degree but come on, it makes it no fun at all. What's worse is that i'm constantly getting killed by Helis and jets who have really good accuracy and maneuvers and i can't hit them for shit. Jets pretty much always outrun my homing launcher missiles and i can't snipe them for shit.

I wish they had more arcadey controls so that everyone had a fair advantage when using them. Like i think Heli's having the weapons bolted down onto the vehicle makes it way harder to aim. Cause you have to use the entire body to tilt around and move your aim. I wish Helis could just hover and then look down in place to aim. Instead of it being where your tilting down to aim ends up making you dive forward. Plane controls need a rework and atleast we can rebind controls. But god damn.

I think it would be very useful if on PC we could bind it so that our mouse+1 and mouse movement makes it so that we can pitch up and down, and also rudder left or rudder right to aim. Currently we have the pitch up and down, but roll left or roll right. It fucks up my aim. I'm pretty much useless in air vehicles.

Gta5 plays horribly in general. On foot is stiff and clumsy and driving is only enjoyable when the roads are straight

Yea planes or helis with no lock on rockets where especially bad. You pretty much need a controller for the flying vehicles if you play gta online.

Yea planes or helis with no lock on rockets where especially bad. You pretty much need a controller for the flying vehicles if you play gta online.
I can fly on keyboard fine but i just can't do any air combat with it.
It's too hard to aim

In GTA IV, the helicopters are far worse. The Yusuf Amir helicopter missions in TBoGT actually made me want to break something.

Yes, in older GTA games I didn't have to use the keyboard and the mouse for an attack helicopter.
Now I have to.

But of course, maybe these problems are just due to the misleading control instructions that I also often encounter in Online.
The game is telling me to press "X" for something, when in fact I should press "Y", because pressing "X" doesn't do anything.

Plane control is fine, but helicopter control is dogshit

Don't speedruns just use both gamepad and KBM? :waitwhat: