Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious The ghost town that is OffTopic

• Thread starter Deleted member 22572
  • Start date
Deleted member 22572

Deleted member 22572

Banned
-
@SergeantIncel @Master

I think we remove/lock the sewers and then make OffTopic rules lighter (but stronger than the sewers)

People are Makin relatively high effort threads that could be in OffTopic but is in the sewers cuz OffTopic is a pointless waste of space ghost town

We need to build a wall around the sewers and make OffTopic great again

I see most of those posts in ID not the Sewers. I know I post stuff in ID now that should be in OffTopic but I know they'll get ignored here.

we should just separate the sewers from off topic tbh. I think it would get way more attention if the sewers wasn't a sub forum.

are you fucking retarded?
tfu on this stupid idea

every thread I post in here just dies.

I disagree with this.

@SergeantIncel @Master

I think we remove/lock the sewers and then make OffTopic rules lighter (but stronger than the sewers)

People are Makin relatively high effort threads that could be in OffTopic but is in the sewers cuz OffTopic is a pointless waste of space ghost town

We need to build a wall around the sewers and make OffTopic great again
[Serious] The gold rush that is OffTopic

Sewers Used to be funny but it just became annoying postmax land since they locked most posts in one thread thread.
I still like off topic, but it does get fewer responses

my suggestion:
-remove off-topic
-let the sewers stay mostly the same except for the removal of postmaxxing crap (like dotposting and "that's insane/interesting/whatever" posting)
-create a dedicated postmaxxing section

I disagree with this. Everything on the forum seems fine. The sewers is a place to just postmaxx and fuck around. Off topic is for intelligent conversations that don’t have anything to do with inceldom

This should be a shitposting hole again

We killed offtopic.

There is no resurrection.

Cease this pointless talk.

We killed offtopic.

There is no resurrection.

Cease this pointless talk.
Why can't it be revived? Kill the sewers and then OffTopic comes back to life. Simple.

Why can't it be revived? Kill the sewers and then OffTopic comes back to life. Simple.
The sewers has grown far too big and powerful to be killed anymore, too many users dependent on it for their needs. In the beginning, it was possible to kill it before it grew into this monster, but who could foretell what it could lead to? It is too late now. Offtopic is dead and buried.

The sewers has grown far too big and powerful to be killed anymore, too many users dependent on it for their needs. In the beginning, it was possible to kill it before it grew into this monster, but who could foretell what it could lead to? It is too late now. Offtopic is dead and buried.
So? Everyone will just switch to offtopic they'll just adapt and get used to it over time. It's for the better.

So? Everyone will just switch to offtopic they'll just adapt and get used to it over time. It's for the better.
But then we'll have certain fucktards here complaining about offtopic during the process of this so-called adaptation. There won't be any adapting to offtopic anyway. Just like it happened before, it will eventually devolve back to a state where the sewers and offtopic have virtually no tangible difference.

That is to say, offtopic will be the new sewers if you lock/remove the existing one whether you like it or not. Rules or no rules.

That is to say, offtopic will be the new sewers if you lock/remove the existing one whether you like it or not. Rules or no rules.
Exactly. That's what I want.

So pretty much what I'm saying hypothetically is that we get rid of OffTopic, and keep The Sewers but rename The Sewers to OffTopic.

So pretty much what I'm saying hypothetically is that we get rid of OffTopic, and keep The Sewers but rename The Sewers to OffTopic.
Oh, ok. Sounds good to me.

Basically getting rid of the unnecessary section of the forum, and funnel all the offtopic traffic into the sewers (AKA offtopic now).

Scary ghost town boo

No, the suggestion here is to make the rules lighter, but that would still mean they are more strict than they were at the beginning; which is what was voted against.
O I didn't see that u replied

If you really want to make offtopic useful, here is my advice. Separate it from the sewers and then make it only visible to members. This gives us a space where we can post free from normie eyes (maybe ban greycels from entering as well).

my suggestion:
-remove off-topic
-let the sewers stay mostly the same except for the removal of postmaxxing crap (like dotposting and "that's insane/interesting/whatever" posting)
-create a dedicated postmaxxing section
so basically: turn sewers into off-topic and add sewers adjacent to it.

Sewers are cool yeah and offtopic should stay like this.

I noticed how offtopic threads get posted i sewer and sewer threads in offtopic ngl. :lul:

so basically: turn sewers into off-topic and add sewers adjacent to it.
no, off-topic is too strict and sewers today is too permissive
let the sewers exist without meaningless spamming
it's one thing to shitpost, another to spam gibberish