Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel the englishpill has destroyed me

T

Tenshi

Banned
-
since I started to post here I realize how bad my english really is. It sucks

over for me boyos :feelsrope:

Inceldom Discussiom tbhtbh

are you actually a japancel?

brutal. in many cases tho non native speakers know English better on paper than natives. ofc not conversationally

brutal. in many cases tho non native speakers know English better on paper than natives. ofc not conversationally
tbh

are you native? I never know when someone is native or not on the 'anglo-web', there's just so many L2 english speakers out there. I do get a feeling when I'm saying something off, but I lack the knowledge on what would be the "correct" way of expressing some idea.

I feel you as eastern european my english is completely broken :feelstastyman:

tbh

are you native? I never know when someone is native or not on the 'anglo-web', there's just so many L2 english speakers out there. I do get a feeling when I'm saying something off, but I lack the knowledge on what would be the "correct" way of expressing some idea.
yes I am native. but when I was in elementary school I had curry accent as I spent 3-4 years in curryland which ruined my English(gave curry accent and Grammer problem)for some time. eventually It got fixed on its own .

but imo shouldn't worry about if it's off

yes I am native. but when I was in elementary school I had curry accent as I spent 3-4 years in curryland which ruined my English(gave curry accent and Grammer problem)for some time. eventually It got fixed on its own .

but imo shouldn't worry about if it's off
it's always easier for kids. something happen after childhood that we just lose this ability to acquire a language to its full extent, native level.

thx for the insign my buddy currycel, maybe with time posting here will help me fix these issues I have too.
I feel you as eastern european my english is completely broken :feelstastyman:
it never began for non-nativecels :feelsrope:
i honestly thought you were native english based on your posts, you're fine, but i can't really say since mine isn't perfect too
your's really good ngl mogs me

Last edited:
You can always get better
full

I think mine is ok

Same here. I really struggle to communicate with these low T ugly users. I need to edit my posts so many times that it becomes annoying
I think mine is ok
Are you from Macedonia?

Unable to speak flawless english=hated by normies

what's your native tongue?

"English? Who needs that? I'm never going to england!"

Are you from Portugal or Brazil? Do Portuguese people understand easily Brazilian Portuguese?
Brazil

I think they do, it seems to be easier for them to understand our accent than the other way around. Their accents are ugly tho ngl

your English seems fine to me but I'm not a native speaker either tbhtbh
I often wonder if I sound retarded to native English speakers
sometimes I see my own old posts and notice many mistakes and unnatural syntax/wording in them, it's pure suifuel
Unable to speak flawless english=hated by normies
brutal
You can always get better
full
I don't know how tbhtbh
I know the grammar in theory but I still manage to fuck up
same with vocabulary tbhtbh I recognize almost every word I read in books and such but I still stick to my limited basic vocabulary when writing or speaking :feelstastyman: I also lack nuance so I often catch myself mixing different registers of the language e. g. using sophisticated words in an otherwise colloquial remark

I often wonder if I sound retarded to native English speakers
sometimes I see my own old posts and notice many mistakes and unnatural syntax/wording in them, it's pure suifuel
maybe they think we're native retards :feelskek:

I don't know how tbhtbh
I know the grammar in theory but I still manage to fuck up
same with vocabulary tbhtbh I recognize almost every word I read in books and such but I still stick to my limited basic vocabulary when writing or speaking :feelstastyman: I also lack nuance so I often catch myself mixing different registers of the language e. g. using sophisticated words in an otherwise colloquial remark
I don't think I know a single grammar rule tbh which where I thought my issues came from but this is lifefuel for me since you know 'em and still struggle a little bit ngl

vocabulary part is very relatable, it's like I have the knowledge to understand more complex structures but my mind wants to play it safe and stick with a simplified version of the language :feelstastyman: what's your native tongue btw?

Brazil

I think they do, it seems to be easier for them to understand our accent than the other way around. Their accents are ugly tho ngl
Thanks for the info

maybe they think we're native retards :feelskek:
that's what I imagine :lul: my writing is not as bad as e. g. Napoleon de Geso's so it's not obvious I'm foreigner on the first sight but sooner or later I'll make a mistake or they'll notice the peculiarity of my writing style and it must feel weird tbhtbh
what's your native tongue btw?
Polish
Poles suck at English bc it has way more vowel sounds (6 vs up to 20), way more complex verbal system (e. g. "I was doing", "I've been doing", "I'd been doing", "I used to do" = robiłem), more rigid word order (in Polish you can put words in pretty much any order and at worst it'll sound a little off) and articles ("tree", "a tree", "the tree" = drzewo)

in many cases tho non native speakers know English better on paper than natives. ofc not conversationally
very true
BTW OP, try listening to rap, that's the final challenge for us non natives

I hate english too. Just don't let it bother you.
My grammar is shit, my spelling too.
I just don't care anymore.

Polish
Poles suck at English bc it has way more vowel sounds (6 vs up to 20), way more complex verbal system (e. g. "I was doing", "I've been doing", "I'd been doing", "I used to do" = robiłem), more rigid word order (in Polish you can put words in pretty much any order and at worst it'll sound a little off) and articles ("tree", "a tree", "the tree" = drzewo)
Inceldom must be in the rise in Poland, lots of polish cels here. Polish seems to be way easier then
BTW OP, try listening to rap, that's the final challenge for us non natives
tbh only thing I get from these are random "niggas" inbetween the lyrics :feelskek:
I hate english too. Just don't let it bother you.
My grammar is shit, my spelling too.
I just don't care anymore.
based non-nativecel

i dont know man, i never noticed that tbh

In the past few years I've learned to appreciate English more than my own language (French).
I often don't feel like saying or writing anything in French, somehow it now sounds kind of gross to me.

Hello fellow dumbcel.

English has ruined my communication skills too, albeit for a different reason. I'm losing my ability to speak well in my 1st language, my vocabulary is getting worse every day, and I've already pretty much lost the ability to sight read the script. Pretty soon I'll reach a point where I'm unable to write it properly too.

In the past few years I've learned to appreciate English more than my own language (French).
I often don't feel like saying or writing anything in French, somehow it now sounds kind of gross to me.
I constantly find myself unconsciously thinking in english rather than my native language. It seems to me that sometimes it's even easier to explain things or develop reasoning, depending on the subject. But the less familiarity I have with the subject, the more I struggle to talk about it and keep a natural, native-like speech.

At the end of the day, in english I say what I can. In my native tongue, I say whatever I want to.

English has ruined my communication skills too, albeit for a different reason. I'm losing my ability to speak well in my 1st language, my vocabulary is getting worse every day, and I've already pretty much lost the ability to sight read the script. Pretty soon I'll reach a point where I'm unable to write it properly too.
very relatable

I think it's very difficult to manage speaking 3 languages +, when I start to immerse in japanese too much I start to forget both english and my native language.

my thoughts are a mixture of Polish, English, my conlang and some occasional Dutch thrown in :lul:
it's a fucking mess
I can't finish a sentence in my head without code-switching
it's mostly English nowadays bc I only use Polish in uni, other than that it's all English
I wouldn't mind if that meant my English just got better and replaced Polish
but in reality I can't speak any language properly nowadays

my thoughts are a mixture of Polish, English, my conlang and some occasional Dutch thrown in :lul:
it's a fucking mess
I can't finish a sentence in my head without code-switching
it's mostly English nowadays bc I only use Polish in uni, other than that it's all English
I wouldn't mind if that meant my English just got better and replaced Polish
but in reality I can't speak any language properly nowadays
I can relate to this :'(