Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

the different ages of anime

Dr. Autismo

Dr. Autismo

Foid punchER
★★★★★
the dark age of anime - 1907-1979:
pretty much the dark age, most jap animation was lost, not properly documented, unsuccessful or used for ww2 propaganda.
it would start to pick up and gain popularity, especially in 1979, because thats when gundam came out.
it popularized the mecha genre and is still ongoing to this day.

the golden age of anime - 1980s - 1990s:
japan would have a massive economic boom, which resulted in them having more money to spend on what the needed and wanted, including more japanese animation.
highly influential, classic and beloved anime series and films would be released in the 80s, studio gihibii would be established in 1985.
and the shonen genre series like dragon ball would start to get popular towards the end of that decade.

the silver age of anime - 1990s - 2000s:
shonen becomes more popular, the dragon ball manga gets to the halfway point of its story, and the anime adapts this second half as dragon ball Z.
series like sailor moon, gundam wing, pokemon, yuyu hakusho, evangelion and ghost in the shell would be released in japan first and then air in the west some years later.
anime starts to become more well known and popular in the west, and theres a huge demand for japanese animation.

the bronze age of anime - 2000s - 2012:
anime influenced by dbz like naruto, bleach and one piece would be released, and they would have a historical rivalry in the anime community, being known as the big 3.
during the 2000s, the internet would become more accessible to the general public, and full episodes of anime get released online, often illegally.
online anime fandom also begins to pickup steam during this time on youtube and fan forum sites.
and even extends to social media sites like myspace, twitter and facebook.

modern age of anime - 2013 - now:
sword age online gets released, and creates a boom of isekai and medieval european fantasy inspired series, some even with video game mechanics and jokes.
meanwhile, most anime in the west is now viewed on streaming sites like netflix and crunchyroll, and rarely on television.

Last edited:
I like modern anime tbh. Some are generic but the good ones are REALLY GOOD.

I like modern anime tbh. Some are generic but the good ones are REALLY GOOD.
i don't watch anime all that much anymore because i got boredom them.
they also have shitty storylines and badly written characters, but good artwork.
i mostly watch anime now to coom tbh.

pretty much the dark age, most jap animation was lost, not properly documented, unsuccessful or used for ww2 propaganda.
it would start to pick up and gain popularity, especially in 1979, because thats when gundam came out.

the golden age of anime - 1980s - 1990s:
japan would have a massive economic boom, which resulted in them having more money to spend on what the needed and wanted, including more japanese animation.
highly influential, classic and beloved anime series and films would be released in the 80s, studio gihibii would be established in 1985.
and the shonen genre series like dragon ball would start to get popular towards the end of that decade.

the silver age of anime - 1990s - 2000s:
shonen becomes more popular, the dragon ball manga gets to the halfway point of its story, and the anime adapts this second half as dragon ball Z.
series like sailor moon, gundam wing, pokemon, yuyu hakusho, evangelion and ghost in the shell would be released in japan first and then air in the west some years later.
anime starts to become more well known and popular in the west, and theres a huge demand for japanese animation.

the bronze age of anime - 2000s - 2012:
anime influenced by dbz like naruto, bleach and one piece would be released, and they would have a historical rivalry in the anime community, being known as the big 3.
during the 2000s, the internet would become more accessible to the general public, and full episodes of anime get released online, often illegally.
online anime fandom also begins to pickup steam during this time on youtube and fan forum sites.
and even extends to social media sites like myspace, twitter and facebook.

modern age of anime - 2013 - now:
sword age online gets released, and creates a boom of isekai and medieval european fantasy inspired series, some even with video game mechanics and jokes.
meanwhile, most anime in the west is now viewed on streaming sites like netflix and crunchyroll, and rarely on television.
To be honest, I only really have a passion for 2 Japanese anime series. That is Hellsing and Black Lagoon

To be honest, I only really have a passion for 2 Japanese anime series. That is Hellsing and Black Lagoon
same, their actually made for adults, unlike all this bright, colourful, high school, isekai, medieval fantasy bullshit japs like spewing out their vagina.

There were successful mecha anime before Gundam though, like UFO Robot Grendizer aka Goldrake. I agree with you generally speaking but i'm not so sure about the exact years.

There were successful mecha anime before Gundam though, like UFO Robot Grendizer aka Goldrake. I agree with you generally speaking but i'm not so sure about the exact years.
i know, go nagai, pioneered mecha pretty much, same how he pioneered shonen and magical girl with devilman and cutie honey.
i know the years are pretty vague, but anime itself seems to have a certain identity and changes that are unique to a decade.

I hate it when people call some very distant time "the golden age", there are more anime's being produced now, some are better some are worse than the shows from that era.

This only seems to account for the mainstream or most popular ones.