Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting The costs of living as a single man 2024

TheJester

TheJester

King of Jestermaxxed
★★★★★
This post is prefered for people that live in the first World.

I was recently question future prospects and looked just at some housing prices in Germany and they are pretty equal to most states in USA. Theres several houses on the market and the price obviously differs from place, age, size - but I came to the conclusion that Id need at least half a million euro to get anywhere - now.

Then I looked at what kind of jobs I can get with my STEM degree and its about 54000€ at best, like this is in fact quite a bit above the median income in the east of Germany. Problem is the tax System, as an unmarried, childless single guy i make "only" 32k after taxes. Even living minimalistic, if I live with rent AND assuming the rent isnt increasing over time - which it most likely will, i have fix costs of 18k a year. That leaves me with...Just about 14k in savings per year.

It take me about 35 years to even get close of paying of that house at current interest rates.

The rise of housing market anual stagnation is 2.7% per year - which means if this holds linear growth I will NEVER be able to buy a house of 500k.

So I was thinking what if i make a 4.25% profit of monthly investment of the Extra money i make on the side? The SPY500 has "only" grown 27% this year, Gold is at 36%, Bitcoin at 140% - but crypto is volatile and speculative.

With 4.25% id be in the Top 5% of investors.

Interest rate is 3.85%.

Property Transfer tax 6.5%.

I let ChatGPTo1 calculate it, its a pretty hard calc and yes the 4.25% profit on monthly Investments would go up until i would mathematically be able be able to buy the house.

It would take me roughly 8 years to do. Which i guess is reasonable BUT this is literally highly speculative as foremost I would need to essentially find the next Tesla/Nvidea.

If I would invest my extra capital in JUST the SPY500 it would still take about 30 years until I could buy that house.

So IF id even survive until then and IF id spend the remaining years of my life living of scraps. Never do vacation, buy fancy things, go to Restaurants - id be a grandpa before i could come close of buying my "Dreamhouse".

I found out over a recent statistics that BUILDING a house is even more expensive, annually 750k for a 3 bedroom family house.

So WITHOUT a girlfriend (id never marry btw for obvious reasons) who also works and supports me - HAHAHAHAHA - Id never get that house.

Now i know you will say "But duh you are an incel you dont need a house, just buy an Apartment" Yeah...about that. Even shitty ones, like reaaaally old shitty 2 bedroom Apartments are like 150k minimum. They aint even worth it like idk.

By the way: My family is poor, they are shit poor, like almost dumpster poor. So no Generational Wealth.

So I came to the conclusion that without winning the lottery OR having a girlfriend for life that also makes decent money property aint gonna happen.

Kids aint gonna happen either...

...Neither is vacation...

...And I dont play games or gamble...

...btw they currently hunt down pirate sites, kimcartoon was just deleted, so even copes are being destroyed by the bastards...

Uhmmm yeah ER (in Minecraft) or whats the endgoal now :feelshaha:

Like there is basically no difference of me making 3000€ a month or 5000€, maybe i'd be more socially attractive if its 5k - but it still doesnt GET me anywhere - it doesnt DO that much for me.

Saving is fucking dumb and useless, even investing does barely make a difference except I hit a Bitcoin like Jackpot Portfolio growth. I wont get a better job then this with my current degree and NO i will never ever go back to college it mentally ruined me. Dont have the funds or means, let alone the grid to start a business. Should i go to trade school at 25? Just for the lolz?

Like seriously WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO HERE?

i will rope myself if i can´t stand living get by myself getting 22$ an hour