Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The Book of Decay (Emil Michel Cioran)

sconswap

sconswap

Life is better without me, that's why I live
Quotes from the book:

“Once upon a time I had a self; now I am just an object... I consume all the drugs of loneliness; The drugs of the world were too light to make me forget myself. Since I have killed the prophet within me, how can I still have a place among people?

“I wanted to eliminate the reasons that people cling to in order to exist and take action. I wanted to become normal beyond words. Now, in a daze, I am on the same level and as empty as they are.”

“We are 'civilised' to the extent that we do not cry out about our leprosy, to the extent that we respect the elegant affectation fashioned by centuries... No one has the right to bend under the weight of the hours he lives... Every man harbors the possibility of an apocalypse, but every man attempts to level his own abysses. If everyone let their loneliness take its course, God would have to recreate this world whose existence depends on our fear of ourselves and our decency at every point...chaos? "It means rejecting everything learned, being one's own person..."