Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill The Bluepilled way of thinking fuels victim blaming mentality.

P

Parrtlord

Swallowed into the Abyss
-
I think when somebody give you advice, he or she is looking for the slightest excuse to call you a horrible person or a sexist.. Because it feels bad seeing a good person suffer or face hard times... It feels alot better if the person ''deserves'' it for being a bad person. After all, bad events could happen to us. Women or Men can treat us like shit for being ugly or other factors that you cannot control So, if you’re not terrified, ask yourself why?

If you're like most people, your answer is probably something like, “because it won’t happen to me.” But why wouldn’t it? Why wouldn't you be vulnerable to the same events that everyone else is?

This isn’t just speculation. In a classic experiment published in the Psychological Bulletin, Lerner and his colleague Carolyn Simmons provided evidence for this explanation of victim-blaming. In their study, a large sample of women were asked to watch through a video monitor as another person received a series of apparently painful electrical shocks. The women believed they were observing an experiment in human learning in which the person on the screen was receiving the shocks as punishment for her errors on a word-memorization task. Although they were led to believe that the victim was another participant like themselves, the person was actually an actor, so nobody was really harmed in the experiment. Not surprisingly, all of the participants were initially upset by the victim’s suffering. But this is where the experiment gets a bit more complicated: Some participants were offered the opportunity to compensate the victim by voting to stop punishing her errors with shocks, instead rewarding her with money when she got the answers right. That is, they were given the opportunity to restore justice, to make the world good again. A second group of participants were not given this opportunity; they were asked simply to sit and watch the victim get repeatedly shocked, with no way of remedying the situation. Afterward, all participants were asked to give their opinions of the victim. The results revealed striking differences between the two groups: Those who were given a chance to restore justice said they saw the victim as a good person. But those who were forced simply to watch the unjust situation unfold, ended up derogating the victim, seeing her as deserving her fate. In other words, because they weren’t able to actually bring about justice, they protected their view that the world was a fair place by coming to believe that the victim must somehow not be a good person. If she deserved the shocks, they could tell themselves, then the world was still fair.

So, our tendency to blame the victim is ultimately self-protective. It allows us to maintain our rosy worldview (BLUEPILL WORLDVIEW) and reassure ourselves that nothing bad will happen to us. The problem is that it sacrifices another person’s well-being for our own. It overlooks the reality that perpetrators are to blame for acts of crime and violence, not the victim.

SOURCE:https://psycnet.apa.org/record/1974-25169-001

nice study, thanks for sharing.

because they weren’t able to actually bring about justice, they protected their view that the world was a fair place by coming to believe that the victim must somehow not be a good person. If she deserved the shocks, they could tell themselves, then the world was still fair.
Narcissism at its finest.

Cucktears in a nutshell.

Yes, this is exactly right, it's mostly a psychological self preservation mechanism, albeit a counterintuitive one. While it's a guess, I'm assuming that the belief in a just world is a fallacy which is intrinsic to human nature, as in it's always present unless forcefully removed, presumably during childhood.

Something else I've observed which is related, but not entirely the same, is the fact that people usually only factor in their own life experiences when making sweeping statements about life/existence in general. It's one thing if they're only talking about themselves, but usually this outlook is projected onto the lives of everyone else as well. Not to mention the fact that our lives are dependent upon the suffering and death of other organisms, and of course the exploitation of other people, at least if you live in a first world country. So when you think about it within that context, I don't think it's right for most normies to claim that their lives are worth the suffering of others. In fact I would go so far as to say that they're objectively wrong. Not in the sense of the degree to which an individual experiences pain or pleasure, as that actually is subjective, but rather because of the very nature of pleasure itself.

But I suppose that's another topic.

Yes, this is exactly right, it's mostly a psychological self preservation mechanism, albeit a counterintuitive one. While it's a guess, I'm assuming that the belief in a just world is a fallacy which is intrinsic to human nature, as in it's always present unless forcefully removed, presumably during childhood.

Something else I've observed which is related, but not entirely the same, is the fact that people usually only factor in their own life experiences when making sweeping statements about life/existence in general. It's one thing if they're only talking about themselves, but usually this outlook is projected onto the lives of everyone else as well. Not to mention the fact that our lives are dependent upon the suffering and death of other organisms, and of course the exploitation of other people, at least if you live in a first world country. So when you think about it within that context, I don't think it's right for most normies to claim that their lives are worth the suffering of others. In fact I would go so far as to say that they're objectively wrong. Not in the sense of the degree to which an individual experiences pain or pleasure, as that actually is subjective, but rather because of the very nature of pleasure itself.

Indeed. High IQ as always

I think when somebody give you advice, he or she is looking for the slightest excuse to call you a horrible person or a sexist.. Because it feels bad seeing a good person suffer or face hard times... It feels alot better if the person ''deserves'' it for being a bad person. After all, bad events could happen to us. Women or Men can treat us like shit for being ugly or other factors that you cannot control So, if you’re not terrified, ask yourself why?

If you're like most people, your answer is probably something like, “because it won’t happen to me.” But why wouldn’t it? Why wouldn't you be vulnerable to the same events that everyone else is?

This isn’t just speculation. In a classic experiment published in the Psychological Bulletin, Lerner and his colleague Carolyn Simmons provided evidence for this explanation of victim-blaming. In their study, a large sample of women were asked to watch through a video monitor as another person received a series of apparently painful electrical shocks. The women believed they were observing an experiment in human learning in which the person on the screen was receiving the shocks as punishment for her errors on a word-memorization task. Although they were led to believe that the victim was another participant like themselves, the person was actually an actor, so nobody was really harmed in the experiment. Not surprisingly, all of the participants were initially upset by the victim’s suffering. But this is where the experiment gets a bit more complicated: Some participants were offered the opportunity to compensate the victim by voting to stop punishing her errors with shocks, instead rewarding her with money when she got the answers right. That is, they were given the opportunity to restore justice, to make the world good again. A second group of participants were not given this opportunity; they were asked simply to sit and watch the victim get repeatedly shocked, with no way of remedying the situation. Afterward, all participants were asked to give their opinions of the victim. The results revealed striking differences between the two groups: Those who were given a chance to restore justice said they saw the victim as a good person. But those who were forced simply to watch the unjust situation unfold, ended up derogating the victim, seeing her as deserving her fate. In other words, because they weren’t able to actually bring about justice, they protected their view that the world was a fair place by coming to believe that the victim must somehow not be a good person. If she deserved the shocks, they could tell themselves, then the world was still fair.

So, our tendency to blame the victim is ultimately self-protective. It allows us to maintain our rosy worldview (BLUEPILL WORLDVIEW) and reassure ourselves that nothing bad will happen to us. The problem is that it sacrifices another person’s well-being for our own. It overlooks the reality that perpetrators are to blame for acts of crime and violence, not the victim.

SOURCE:https://psycnet.apa.org/record/1974-25169-001
Massively massive IQ fuck legit fuck nice tbh well donedone that is what IQ looks like, not bullshit long words and repeating the same shit

Also massive IQ need recognition and bump

Massively massive IQ fuck legit fuck nice tbh well donedone that is what IQ looks like, not bullshit long words and repeating the same shit

Also massive IQ need recognition and bump
Thanks for the bump. :) Mods must pin this, its even got hard data.

I think this could also very well end in a negative feedback loop where the expectation shapes the future behavior of the victim (let alone the behavior of the bystander). Kinda like a self fulfilling prophecy, a death spiral. I know this is nothing new either, just another common phenomenom, but I felt the level of combined mischievousness was significant enough to mention it.

Last edited:
I think this could also very well end in a negative feedback loop where the expectation shapes the future behavior of the victim (let alone the behavior of the bystander). Kinda like a self fulfilling prophecy.
Short, beautiful, and truthful statement. Well said!

bluepill is incredibly sexist when one thinks about it logically (deserving a wife because you simply provide for her)

blackpill is actually the least sexist of all pills (acknowledgement that women are attracted to who they are, and there is not a damn thing ugly dudes can do about it)

bluepill is incredibly sexist when one thinks about it logically (deserving a wife because you simply provide for her)

blackpill is actually the least sexist of all pills (acknowledgement that women are attracted to who they are, and there is not a damn thing ugly dudes can do about it)
Indeed. Not a bad observation for a newcel, did you come from another place?
or were you a blackpilled lurker

Indeed. Not a bad observation for a newcel, did you come from another place?
or were you a blackpilled lurker

I've been on r/incels under a different name and r/braincels until the ban

been blackpilled before it was the blackpill

I do like this forum ngl

I've been on r/incels under a different name and r/braincels until the ban

been blackpilled before it was the blackpill

I do like this forum ngl
Thats cool man. There are good and bad people on this forum. I am the good one, dont listen to any of them parrtlord haters. They are low iq as fuck

You just sound cuckpilled. “gotta recpect m’ladies right to fuck Chad it’s not their fault that they aren’t attracted to us ugly folk”

You just sound cuckpilled. “gotta recpect m’ladies right to fuck Chad it’s not their fault that they aren’t attracted to us ugly folk”
Respect or not, we cannot change millions of years of female biology.

Bump again legit highest IQ thread in a long time idk why this isn't pinned

Bump again legit highest IQ thread in a long time idk why this isn't pinned
Thanks man, you are very thoughtful and observant!
Have you tried private messaging the mods?

I hate people who've had relationships when they start talking about them in any capacity.
My friend kept trying to talk about his relationships with girls, but i eventually told him to cut it out and that i didnt want to hear it anymore