Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News The Best DNA Testing Kits for 2023

Intellau_Celistic

Intellau_Celistic

5'3 KHHV Mentalcel
-
Genetic testing kits help you find the missing branches in your family tree, learn about migration patterns, and even reveal potential health issues. We've tested the top DNA services that deliver the information you want most.

DNA

Personal DNA testing is more popular now than ever before, as it can be done quickly in the comfort of your own home and at an affordable cost. Besides ancestry information, some DNA-testing services also include health-related reports. In other words, if you want to learn about your genetics, these testing kits are the way to go.

We looked at five services to evaluate their simplicity, relative-matching features, and the best overall DNA-testing experience. In addition to AncestryDNA (the genetics-focused arm of Ancestry) and the Editors' Choice award-winning 23andMe, we also evaluated HomeDNA, Living DNA, and MyHeritage DNA. Check out the write-ups below to discover the DNA kit that best suits your needs.

HomeDNA (Starter Kit; Mother):

I've taken five, so I'll update thread with my own results.

Why are you so mentally fucked up?

Choosing a Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) Company​

We are in the early days. The industry is rapidly evolving and start-ups come and go. For this reason, it’s possible that this post may be outdated in the matter of weeks or months.

There is Whole Genome Sequencing, and there is low-pass Whole Genome Sequencing. For sequencing with high quality and accuracy (up to 99.99%), you want to choose a company with 30x or greater sequencing. 30x means that the sequencing machines passed through all of your DNA approximately 30 times. Low-pass sequencing is innovative, but it comes at the expense of accuracy (about 99%). Low-pass sequencing has typically been offered at 0.4x, meaning the sequencing machines only pass through about 40% of your DNA once. An advanced method, called imputation, uses statistical methods to infer unobserved genotypes so you have many more variants than what was sequenced.

This is a complex and confusing subject, so if you feel lost about this technical jargon, you’re not alone! Basically, it’s an inexpensive way to get a lot more data than you can get from genotyping companies such as 23andMe and AncestryDNA.

Dante Labs
$599-$899
dantelabs.com

Dante Labs is the first company I am going to mention because they are truly going for affordability, offering true clinical-grade sequencing and pushing down prices in the industry. This company has had a lot of start-up problems. In the past, they have taken 6 months or more to deliver results, and occasionally people have waited over a year. Now that they have moved their Sequencing center to Italy instead of outsourcing, their delivery times have drastically changed. There are now reports of people getting their data in as little as a couple weeks or couple months depending on how much you pay for expediency. However, with these changes, there have been some quality control issues where consumers weren’t getting exactly the product that was advertised. For example, they would order 30x sequencing, but maybe only get 15x or 20x data. To give a little bit of credit, Dante Labs is addressing these issues as they happen. If ordering through this company, I suggest joining the Dante Labs Customer Care (Official) Facebook group as well as the Dante Labs Customers (Unofficial) group for the best customer support.

Despite waiting 5 months or so, I am very happy with the quality of data I received from two kits I received Dante Labs. I have received all of my raw data including FASTQ, BAM, and VCF files. But each customer may have their own unique experience. If you are planning on purchasing, please be aware of the pros and cons of going with Dante Labs.

Nebula Genomics
$299 plus subscription ($9.99/mo to $19.99/mo)
nebula.org

Nebula offers 30x clincal-grade Whole Genome Sequencing. Nebula is a Harvard-backed startup (George Church being the founder) with a very compelling platform. They are setting the stage to compete with leading consumer genotyping companies like 23andMe and AncestryDNA. Nebula provides relevant health information such as true polygenic risk scores for disease risk prediction and have a constantly updated research library and other exploration tools. Nebula was founded on the principles of privacy and they use blockchain technology for the security of your DNA data.

Nebula is coming out with Y-DNA and mtDNA Ancestry tools that utilize Family Tree DNA’s (FTDNA) enormous ancestry database. If the Ancestry tools are done well, Nebula may end up becoming the preferred WGS sequencing company for both amateur and professional genetic genealogists.

The cost of the subscription may seem like a lot considering that the popular consumer genotyping kits don’t require a subscription. You are paying for weekly updated reports based on the latest scientific discoveries. This should be appealing to those with a background or interest in scientific research and how it relates to their genome. However, if you are primarily interested in data, you can simply pay for the monthly subscription and cancel your account after you get the data.

Sanos Genetics
£450-£950
sanogenetics.com

Sanos Genetics shows promise to be more competent and more honest than Dante Labs, but it comes at a price! As of this post, Whole Genome Sequencing is being offered at £950 and Whole Exome Sequencing plus genotyping is £450. But if you upload data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA, or MyHeritage, there is a £125 pound discount. With the discount, Whole Genome Sequencing is £825 and Whole Exome Sequencing is £325.

Full Genomes Corp
$645-$2900
fullgenomes.com

This is definitely one of the more spendy options. But if money is not a huge concern and you want superb data, this may be a good choice.

30x Sequencing starts at $1150. And if you want the latest 250bp or linked-reads technology, the price currently comes in at $1800 and $2900 respectively. Optionally, if you want to save some money, they have a 20x product for $825 and a 15x product for $645.

Sure, you’ll probably get good data, but these prices probably are not in the range of the average consume

Yes. I've had my genome sequenced with Nebula(Akesogen) Genomics. http://www.akesogen.com/benefits/

https://nebula.org/whole-genome-sequencing-dna-test/ (30X)

View attachment 596928

Others:

I took a 30x Whole Genome Sequencing(Nebula) test to discover my intelligence genes.

According to my DNA Results, I have genes for ASD and Schizophrenia. I'll explain with time.
Are the genes for ASD and schizophrenia related somehow, from looking at my own family? Also, what are your ASD symptoms, many people who have interacted with me believe I don't truly have ASD, but I have a formal ASD diagnosis as a kid, though this was done through a SPECT scan apparently, which I later found out was psuedo-science. Nevertheless, I do have social issues and somewhat blunted affect, I also cannot converse in groups properly among other things. Of course, all the issues I have are compounded massively by my ugly face otherwise I could have friends and relationships with women too.

Are the genes for ASD and schizophrenia related somehow, from looking at my own family? Also, what are your ASD symptoms, many people who have interacted with me believe I don't truly have ASD, but I have a formal ASD diagnosis as a kid, though this was done through a SPECT scan apparently, which I later found out was psuedo-science. Nevertheless, I do have social issues and somewhat blunted affect, I also cannot converse in groups properly among other things. Of course, all the issues I have are compounded massively by my ugly face otherwise I could have friends and relationships with women too.

Yes. I'll gather the quotes in a moment.

Ty. Also, which one of those tests should I take to determine my ancestry, genetic conditions, and intelligence genes?

The most accurate is Whole Genome Sequencing. All others are prone to errors in the reading process.

Nigga you are taking 5 tests just for all of them to tell you that you blasian (el abominatico)

Nigga you are taking 5 tests just for all of them to tell you that you blasian (el abominatico)

Yes. I suspect the Denisovans were superior intellectually.

(In other threads)

Why do u post random roblox shit?

Why do u post random roblox shit?

To archive my history on the site without spamming.

In recent times, it became more important than when I initially joined.

I wanted to know my exact ancestry. It's SEA and Amerindian.

Expert opinion:​

Nebula Genomics stands out from other commercially available DNA tests in two big ways. One is that the company sequences your entire genome — all 6.4 billion DNA base pairs of it. By comparison, most other companies only analyze the specific gene markers that they'll use to reach conclusions about your ancestry or health. And in fact, Nebula Genomics now sequences your entire genome 30 times, for extra accuracy! For another thing, the company prides itself on being more careful with your privacy than other companies, giving you total control over who it’s allowed to share your genetic information with. You can even receive money if your information ends up being used in genetic research. I’d already taken a lot of DNA tests, and now I’ve also taken Nebula Genomics. I’ll discuss how it stacks up against your other DNA testing options.

What is Whole Genome Sequencing?​

Unlike all other genetic tests, whole genome sequencing is exactly that, sequencing of your entire genome. And at Veritas this means sequencing at clinical grade (30X coverage) the gold standard of sequencing quality.

Is your father a nigger?

‘23 and me

Distressed genes are in

Is your father a nigger?

He appeared to be one, to the extent of my paternal relatives being unsure if they were half-siblings.

However, my Y-chromosome is Haplogroup Q.

My uncle looks similar to this:

88426619 1509559102526585 7986182191568650240 n

Any users with 23AndMe DNA files are welcome to link them for download here. I can use them for my analysis.

Mother's Sample:

I did a 23andme DNA test a year or 2 ago, results were dissapointing. Just 100% purebred ethnic

A simple, detailed genotyping assay is found here:

What are SNPs?​

Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) are the most common type of genetic variation in humans. There are more than 10 million SNPs in the human genome, and they underlie traits such as height, response to drugs, and risk of developing diseases. Some diseases, such as sickle cell, stem from a single mutation. Others, including most neurodegenerative diseases, are much more genetically complex. Genotyping can help us understand the mechanisms of disease, predict an individual's risk of developing certain diseases, and even help to design personalized therapies.
Applied Biosystems TaqMan SNP genotyping assays have been used to identify variants associated with blood disorders [1] and many other diseases. We know, for instance, that SNPs in the gene encoding the cholesterol carrier Apolipoprotein E (ApoE) influence an individual’s lifetime risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease. Recently, researchers used TaqMan SNP genotyping assays for accurate high-throughput ApoE genotyping, evaluating almost 1,200 human DNA samples [2].
TaqMan assays can be used to genotype transgenic mice [3], helping to create pure lines in animals and reduce variability in experimental results. The assays have also been applied to evaluate the origin of human and animal parasites which is valuable for medicine and agriculture [4].
These studies and many others demonstrate the speed, specificity, sensitivity, ease of use, and reproducibility of TaqMan assays, as well as their ability to detect sequences using tiny concentrations of DNA, in the nanogram range. TaqMan assays are an ideal and cost-effective method for investigating SNPs in large populations.

How do TaqMan SNP Genotyping Assays work?​

Like all TaqMan Assays, TaqMan SNP genotyping assays require a double-stranded DNA template, the Taq polymerase enzyme, and two primers—forward and reverse—which are specific to the sequence to be amplified. Unlike gene expression qPCR, SNP detection requires two probes with different fluorescent reporters. This allows us to differentiate homozygous from heterozygous samples [5].
The first probe—labeled with VIC fluorescent dye—detects the first allele sequence, while the second probe—labeled with FAM fluorescent dye—detects the second. If the sample is homozygous for allele 1, the fluorescence readout or ‘allelic discrimination plot’ will show mostly VIC fluorescence, while if the sample is homozygous for allele 2, the plot will mainly show signal from the FAM dye. If the sample is heterozygous, however, there should be roughly equal signal for each dye. Across an entire plate, the data should resolve into three discrete clusters. Exceptions can arise if the minor allele frequency is very low, if there is a copy number variation (CNV) of the gene in question, or if it lies on the X chromosome.
For our TaqMan SNP genotyping assays, we always list the context sequence of the assay in the forward orientation, regardless of the strand on which the SNP is typically reported. It is important to compare the context sequence of the SNP assay to the SNP sequence in the NCBI’s dbSNP database to determine which dye is associated with the minor allele.

Discrimination of a single base​

Three factors contribute to discrimination based on a single mismatch:
  1. The mismatch has a disruptive effect on hybridization. A mismatched probe will have a lower melting temperature (Tm) than a perfectly matched probe. Choosing the correct annealing/extension temperature in the PCR will favor hybridization of an exact-match probe over a mismatched probe.

2. The assay is performed under competitive conditions with both probes present in the same reaction tube. Mismatched probes are therefore prevented from binding due to stable binding of exact-match probes.

3. The 5’ end of the probe must start to be displaced before cleavage occurs. The 5’ nuclease activity of Taq DNA polymerase actually recognizes a forked structure with a displaced 5’strand of at least 1 to 3 nucleotides [6]. Once a probe starts to be displaced, complete dissociation occurs faster with a mismatch than with an exact match. This allows less time for cleavage to occur with a mismatched probe. Thus, the presence of a mismatch promotes dissociation rather than probe cleavage.
The lower Tm of the mismatched probe creates a window between the Tm of the perfectly matched probe and the Tm of the mismatched probe. You can achieve allele discrimination using an annealing/extension temperature within the Tm window. As probes get longer, a single mismatch becomes less disruptive. For longer probes, this reduces the difference in Tm between a matched and mismatched probe, leading to a smaller Tm window. Thus, shorter probes display better mismatch discrimination.
The 3’ end of all TaqMan MGB probes contains a specific binding element that binds to the minor groove of the DNA helix (MGB or minor groove binder), which improves hybridization and stabilizes binding, allowing smaller probes to be used. Smaller probes improve mismatch discrimination and allow you to design assays for more complex sequences, including multiple nucleotide polymorphisms (MNPs) and insertions or deletions [7]. In addition, using a nonfluorescent quencher molecule, which suppresses fluorescence when the probes are unbound, improves the signal-to-noise ratio.
Applied Biosystems conducted a study where we measured matching and mismatching Tms for a set of 60 MGB probes ranging from 13 to 18 nucleotides in size. The average delta Tm (matching-mismatching) was 9.7°C. This broad Tm window makes it easy to design probes with a matching Tm above the annealing/extension temperature of PCR (nominally 60°C) and a mismatching Tm below this temperature.

A qualitative assay​

As in all PCR, temperature and template sequence are key considerations. Unlike in a TaqMan gene expression assay, where the probe should have a melting temperature (Tm) at least 10°C above the primer, in a TaqMan SNP genotyping assay the Tm of the probe should only be 5–6°C above that of the primer.
This means the Tm for the mismatched probe will be lower than the annealing Tm for the primers ensuring that if a probe is present, it will more likely be the matched probe. This implies that, while promoting specificity, genotyping assays cannot be used for quantification. Genotyping assays aim to discriminate between sequences, rather than measure the level of a particular DNA sequence.
If the scatter plot could show the trajectory taken by each data point over the course of the experiment, it would look like a clam shell. This clam-shelling effect only occurs in SNP genotyping assays of homozygous samples.
At the beginning of your experiment, the probes will be in a 1:1 ratio. As the experiment progresses, the probe specific to your allele will start to bind and become depleted in the solution, leaving an excess of the mismatched probe in the solution. As it only has a single base difference, it will continue to bind to the mismatched sequence. When that probe gets cleaved, you may observe fluorescent contribution from the dye on the mismatched probe. The kinetics of the reaction therefore depends on the concentration and binding energy of both the matched and mismatched probes.
We recommend using TaqMan Genotyper or the Genotyping Module on the Thermo Fisher Cloud to analyse your genotyping data. Both programs make genotyping calls based on dye ratios and cluster orientation, not threshold cycle (Ct) values. The algorithms in these programs can differentiate between clusters even if there is mismatch binding.

Getting started​

To get started, search the TaqMan SNP genotyping assay search tool. You can narrow down your search from over 7 million available assays based on species, assay type, target, and chromosomal location.
The Applied Biosystems assay library includes almost 7 million genome-wide human assays and 10,000 mouse assays, as well as over 2,500 drug metabolism genotyping assays designed to detect polymorphisms in drug metabolism enzyme (DME) markers. You can also submit target SNP sequences for any genome using the Custom TaqMan Design Tool. TaqMan SNP Genotyping Assays offer the world’s biggest collection of single-tube, ready-to-use SNP assays.

References​

1. Teh L-K, Lee T-Y, Tan JAMA et al. (2015) The use of Taqman genotyping assays for rapid confirmation of β-thalassaemia mutations in the Malays: Accurate diagnosis with low DNA concentrations. Int J Lab Hematol 37(1):79–89. doi: 10.1111/ijlh.12240.
2. Zhong L, Xie Y-Z, Cao T-T et al. (2016) A rapid and cost-effective method for genotyping apolipoprotein E gene polymorphism. Mol Neurodegener 11(1):2. doi: 10.1186/s13024-016-0069-4.
3. Vaisman BL (2013) Genotyping of transgenic animals by real-time quantitative PCR with TaqMan probes. Methods Mol Biol 1027:233–251. doi: 10.1007/978-1-60327-369-5_11.
4. Burnet JB, Ogorzaly L, Tissier A et al. (2013) Novel quantitative TaqMan real-time PCR assays for detection of Cryptosporidium at the genus level and genotyping of major human and cattle-infecting species. J Appl Microbiol 114(4):1211–1222. doi: 10.1111/jam.12103.
5. Woodward J (2014) Bi-allelic SNP genotyping using the TaqMan assay. Methods Mol Biol 1145:67–74. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-0446-4_6.
6. Lyamichev V, Brow, MAD, Dahlberg JE (1993) Structure-specific endonucleolytic cleavage of nucleic acids by eubacterial DNA polymerases. Science 260:778-783.
7. Fedick A, Su J, Treff NR (2012) Development of TaqMan allelic discrimination based genotyping of large DNA deletions. Genomics 99(3):127–131. doi: 10.1016/j.ygeno.2012.01.003.

For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.