Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News The American Psychological Association on de-radicalization

Atavistic Autist

Atavistic Autist

Intersectional autistic supremacy
★★★★★

As the United States reconciled itself to the inevitability of defeat in Afghanistan, a vacuum was created within the halls of the security state. How could it continue to violate the rights of its citizens -- particularly their privacy rights -- and accrue ever more power when there was no more "terrorist threat" to ostensibly protect them from?

Cue the hysteria surrounding "domestic terror" incidents, with a mere riot at the US Capitol being blown out of proportion into an "insurrection" so as to give rise to a new industry, based on making political dissidents inside of the country, rather than outside of it, into the new "terrorists."

It does not surprise me in the slightest that this industry should find its caretaker in the field of psychology, because psychology pioneered the erosion of privacy within liberal-democratic societies in the first place (eroding an ethic of privacy before the government went to work on eroding privacy rights). Psychotherapy, after all, is based on the premise that your private sphere of life should be completely laid bare. You are meant to reveal everything to a therapist, a sort of bureaucratic plenipotentiary turned spy, who catalogues the details like an NSA server and leverages it to manipulate you into line.

Hence the main imperative for this budding industry, which will grant it the majority of its income, is "de-radicalization" methods and their application -- an attempt to manipulate so-called "radicals" into becoming moderates, or, rather, "disengaged."

It is interesting in this regard to reflect on the etymology of the term "radical," and its corollary, "moderate," in the US political vernacular. It comes from the geopolitics of the Cold War, where US allies in the Middle East (reactionary monarchies) were called "moderate," unlike Soviet-allied secular leftist governments (the "radicals"). Note that it's clearly just propaganda and has nothing to actually do with the realities on the ground, and this same rule applies to "domestic terrorism" or "de-radicalization" research.

All discourse on "radicalism" or "terrorism" is simply meant to apply a negative connotation onto those whose power or will to power you do not recognize as legitimate. Hence not even a week after the US withdrawal from Afghanistan, the new Taliban government was already terming regional Tajik separatists as "terrorists!" But anyway, I find it fascinating how the term "moderate" has seemingly been eschewed, our new "domestic terror" charlatans opting instead for the designation of "disengaged." It is a telling term, implying that apathy and docile acquiescence are official priorities. And, moreover, it reveals absolutely no tolerance for dissent, even if tempered or moderated. Indeed, in the article you can read the admission that those who drop out from "radical politics" rarely do so because they've changed their mind; rather, they've just become demoralized:

This reveals the type of priorities they will have (like promoting infighting/factionalism).

Insofar as incels will be targeted by de-radicalization methods, they are worth examining in more detail.

A few things of note in the article:

One method that psychologists praise is priming (or inb4ing) "radical" messages such that they trigger narcissistic defenses in people. This is the height of irony, of course. But the way it works is communicating to them, for example, that they are "too smart" to fall for "extremist" propaganda (unlike state and media propaganda, apparently) :lul:

Psychologists are so impressed by the efficacy of this approach that it seeps into their own language:

You don't want to be vulnerable to those radicals, do you? :feelshaha:

Whenever you're dealing with a psychologist, always pay attention to word games like this. They are not speaking in honest, objective terms (like one would expect from actual scientists) but attempting to manipulate, even in their own discourse meant for other psychologists!

Besides triggering narcissistic defenses ("I won't let those damned domestic terrorists control me" :feelshaha:), interestingly enough a replication or reverse engineering of the psychodynamics which create mass-opposition to vaccine mandates ("I won't let the state tell me to get the jab"), another popular method is playing on cognitive dissonances. The article provides an example of this when it comes to White ethnonationalism:

Psychologists find that personalizing the political is a good way to make people feel cognitively dissonant. How can you speak of problems surrounding Black people such as crime rates (Black crime definitely being more of a threat to the safety of Americans than "domestic terrorism") when you ate fried chicken with a Black guy once?

This method is also used on incels: namely, how can you speak ill of women when you love your mother? Is your mother also a "foid?" :feelshaha:

Another matter is the article's bias in favor of liberals who might be thought of as "radical":

The line they draw is that violence in the service of ideology is only justified when it is done by the state, and the social changes it enforces.

And finally, there's the CBT framework that the research is poised to take:

In that domain, Youngblood said the most important unexplored area is how cognitive biases influence the way radical ideas transform and proliferate online.

“These extreme ideas continue to spread on social media, and that may be because the cognitive biases we have evolved to navigate the world function in slightly different ways on social media,” he said.

Rather than examining political "radicals" on the basis of their political beliefs, these are a priori considered "wrong" and instead a testament to cognitions gone awry.

Instead of asking why people believe what they do, study the effects of social media on "cognitions" so that further social media censorship is justified.

A good grift.

Last edited:
This is scary
More strong reasons to not go to psychologists

This is scary
Several months ago, the APA released a statement denouncing "toxic masculinity."

It is plain to see that this is because masculinity is inimical to seeing a therapist and paying off their student loans :feelshaha:

The modern field of 'psychology' is dominated by liberal foids. What is considered "extremist," or "mentally ill," etc, is largely based on how much a person goes against the dominant liberal/feminist order.

High IQ
mods pin this
@Fat Link
to give rise to a new industry, based on making political dissidents inside of the country, rather than outside of it, into the new "terrorists."
Will this include incels?

The modern field of 'psychology' is dominated by liberal foids. What is considered "extremist," or "mentally ill," etc, is largely based on how much a person goes against the dominant liberal/feminist order.
This

Sounds interesting but too drunk to read
:feelstastyman:

Will this include incels?
Of course. I gave one example in the OP, relating to the weaponization of cognitive dissonance.

Whereas a psychologist will try to make a White Nationalist cognitively dissonant by referencing Black and Brown friends that they may have ("you don't hate them, do you?"), they will tell an incel to consider that their mother is a female too. "You don't hate your mother, do you?" It's quite infantile but these are variations on one of their key strategies.

I made a thread on this once:

Last edited:
Thanks bro :feelsautistic:

I found a post that could be helpful for readers:
Cognitive dissonance means that you are mentally stressed out by the fact that you have contradictory thoughts.

Compartmentalization is the cope for this, as you sequester each thought from the other, in order to avoid this stress. You were thinking of this term.

Therapists intentionally seek to make you cognitively dissonant if your beliefs are at odds with their own. This is meant to erode your confidence in your conception of reality, so that it can be replaced with what's presented by them. This process is integral to their so-called "treatment," or conditioning of you.

For example, the article in the OP speaks about making a patient cognitively dissonant by using their value of "fairness" against their apparently racist opposition to affirmative action :feelshaha:

If you resist the therapist's efforts to do this, they will become passive-aggressive, and seek to make you feel ashamed or embarrassment for disagreeing with them or criticizing them.

What is ultimately desired is your full compliance to the therapist -- under the pretense of it being under your own free-will, of course. In many ways, this makes therapy a microcosm of modern "control societies" which demand social conformity and compliance to authority yet speak of freedom and equality, as distinct from disciplinary ones, which rely on outright coercion to produce obedience and justify hierarchies.
Btw I noticed that method and behavior seem similar to the way the clerics and religious people are arguing (based on my personal experience tbh).

But that method will not work for me, maybe I am not cognitively dissonant :feelsautistic:

Everything comes back to this.

Extremely well-written post.

Psychologists are not lawyers, economists, nor political scientists, and any person who critically engages with the empirical study of terrorism and violence should refrain from adopting policy prescriptions on the basis of a single field's consensus.

If you ever end up in a mental ward or if your parents force you to visit a mental health professional don’t mention “incels” they’ll just think you’re some weirdo. Keep it to yourself.

Some pussy would do the trick at de-radicalization for me.

This. Just check the list of therapists in your area. All of bunch of liberal foids and numales. ALL of them are "sex-positive trans inclusionary gender abolushionist against toxic masculinity just take a dick up your ass incel"
Some pussy would do the trick at de-radicalization for me.
based :feelsokman:

JFL at this entire article.

200 IQ.

This topic needs to go in the must-read section.

@Master .

Last edited:
Great read, thanks.

Some are what experts call “paper terrorism,” such as when those opposed to federal income taxes engage in tax fraud or evasion

If you hate taxes you are now a terrorist. “Just let me pickpocket you legally goyim, or else you are a terrorist”. Government clowns.
E5F1C7B7 D127 45CC 9B40 629DB07BA4E1

"You don't hate your mother, do you?"
I hate my mother tbh. :dafuckfeels: I'm just good at hiding my seething hatred for everything and everyone. She's done plenty of unsavoury and embarrassing things to deserve my ire. I'm very much self aware of my hatred, but in being self aware I can also manoeuvre through society much like a ghost. "Pretending" to be a good person, like everyone else is doing but just aren't honest enough to tell you the truth.

How do the psychologists get pussy. We must answer. They ugly af. I think women naturally pick few blue pills to screw off the other blue pills

How do the psychologists get pussy
easy, most of them are women so they are naturally getting chad and tyrone dick on the side. The few males are almost always old fucks who only got laided because society use to keep women in check when they where around our age.

Both sides could never understand what it's like to be a young ugly male in the year of our lord 2021 so it's just a waste of time to have them try to "fix" our problems.

This is scary
Psychologists are mostly women these days so they’re already starting with a strong bias against our positions.

Beyond that most of them just go to Uni and parrot to all their clients the exact same bullshit and their views are going to be as mainstream as they come.

The whole affair is just gonna be them being revolted by us and trying to gaslight us into believing the mainstream blue pill bullshit.

And people pay out the nose for this “service” because they’re lonely and depressed — they’ve got nobody to talk to about their problems so they resort to paying someone just to listen to them, clown world.

I like how it says Ruby Ridge and Waco are the lineal forerunners of January 6.

How fitting, the first was caused when federal agents killed his wife and acted surprised when he lashed out while the latter example killed innocent people because of how disproportionate the authorities response was. You know, like ramming armoured vehicles into their property.

Militrannies are going to double down on oppressing Americans. The USA needs its own Taliban.

Great post

you’re a well spoken guy

Of course. I gave one example in the OP, relating to the weaponization of cognitive dissonance.

Whereas a psychologist will try to make a White Nationalist cognitively dissonant by referencing Black and Brown friends that they may have ("you don't hate them, do you?"), they will tell an incel to consider that their mother is a female too. "You don't hate your mother, do you?" It's quite infantile but these are variations on one of their key strategies.

Handling cognitive dissonance and being able to compartmentalize your beliefs and personal experiences is not something most regular folk can do.

they want to de-radicalize you by feeding you lies, that's a great way to cover up societies woes as they are unable to address the source issue.

How do the psychologists get pussy. We must answer. They ugly af. I think women naturally pick few blue pills to screw off the other blue pills
This is what I've been thinking for a long while. Females pick a few "example" not-normally-desirable males to try to lull males as a collective into submission as part of an advanced shit-testing scheme.

Tbh I'm currently being forced to go to partial hospitalization (intensive outpatient therapy but more intensive) and take psychiatrist drugs that ruin my ability to think properly. Partial hospitalization takes up my entire day (10am-3pm Mon-Fri every week) for who knows how many months. Nonstop therapy groups, bureaucracy, lies, gaslighting, scams, fees out the ass once my insurance runs out. I could go on. It's pretty hellish, especially for someone like me.

Last edited:
"Let's see how we can deradicalize people of problems that we the elite over the last seven decades have created, to begin with."

Pretty much sums up every bullshit thing I've read into their deradicalization prerogatives. These are the same upper classes that for the most part don't leave or stray away from their own isolated insulated privileged communities, they know nothing about the common people whom they don't socially interact with let alone the common average man. They're absolutely clueless. :feelsjuice:

Last edited:
Dr. Soy Grande looks like an incel. I doubt he had any sex in his life ( except maybe with landwhales or trannies ).

Ca36f7a239717d68343ea3660f3ed7

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back