Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story That one time i worked in the meat department.

tryingcel

tryingcel

Slow Dancing With Depression
★★★★★
I had been LDARing for three years at this point. With limited social contact, I found myself spiraling into the abyss of a mental crisis. Originally I had planned to leave work to get some quiet time, but a month turned to a year and a year turned to three. I coped by telling myself that I was working on self-improvement but really I was just indulging in self-escapism. After living broke as fuck as a grown as a man with his mother, I decided I have had enough with the mental torture training. I needed to reenter the job market and I guess I will return to where I've left off, retail. The first job I got was at a grocery store at the meat department, it was disgusting, but the interviewer persuaded me with a dollar more an hour. So I started the job along with another guy,kieth, who was in his late 20s. The first day it was meatpacking. We packed racks of unpackaged meats in this wrapping machine that well-needed replacement years ago. It would Jam on occasion and we were expected to stick our hand in there to pull the jammed package of meat out after we pushed the emergency button stopping button of course, but still you got that eery feelling that the machine might start running again fuck your shit up and give you a nice wrap job. While packing I accidentally knoked down the tray full of meat on the wet musty ass floor and was expecting to be yelled at, but instead, the manager just smirked, dusted off the meat, and replated it. He was pretty cool overall ngl, a chain smoker and first-generation immigrant. He tells me how the company passes him for promotion and department change and sticks him into meats. But he was grateful. Later we met with the crew who were on set. There was Napolean, who was an enthusiastic manlet and he took pride in his work, he was the main trainer, a prodigy, he was 50. There was also Mathew who was a meat cutter that sang to pass the time, and finally Bob who was the legit embodiment of depression. Every movement that Bob made were laboured. If he had to move across the room, he would drag his body as if dragging a corpse. When spoken to, he would always end his sentences with a barely audible sigh and tilt of the head ever so subtly towards the floor. He just minded his own business most of the time, but was a serial mood killer for sure.
My training partner Kieth didn't give a shit about the job, he only took it to get some money before he lands another gig, which he claims will be within a few weeks. He bagered me about how this job sucks constantly. Long story short I decided this place was too fucking depressing. I had to work with old people and wear a dumbass hat and apron and big ass gloves. so one I just stopped going in. Overall I do not recommend working at meats or seafood, it's for old people with one foot in the grave already. For what they pay you can get a job that is not as wet and moist as this place. Idk why anyone would take this job aside from first timers and old ppl

Last edited:
I remember around age 25 when I decided to go back to junior college I took like 2-3 classes over a single semester and then took the next semester after summer off to recover rot. There’s just something so soul crushing about being surrounded by huge social structures yet not actually being a part of it.

I had been LDARing for three years at this point. With limited social contact, I found myself spiraling into the abyss of a mental crisis. Originally I had planned to leave work to get some quiet time, but a month turned to a year and a year turned to three. I coped by telling myself that I was working on self-improvement but really I was just indulging in self-escapism. After living broke as fuck as a grown as a man with his mother, I decided I have had enough with the mental torture training. I needed to reenter the job market and I guess I will return to where I've left off, retail. The first job I got was at a grocery store at the meat department, it was disgusting, but the interviewer persuaded me with a dollar more an hour. So I started the job along with another guy,kieth, who was in his late 20s. The first day it was meatpacking. We packed racks of unpackaged meats in this wrapping machine that well-needed replacement years ago. It would Jam on occasion and we were expected to stick our hand in there to pull the jammed package of meat out after we pushed the emergency button stopping button of course, but still you got that eery feelling that the machine might start running again fuck your shit up and give you a nice wrap job. While packing I accidentally knoked down the tray full of meat on the wet musty ass floor and was expecting to be yelled at, but instead, the manager just smirked, dusted off the meat, and replated it. He was pretty cool overall ngl, a chain smoker and first-generation immigrant. He tells me how the company passes him for promotion and department change and sticks him into meats. But he was grateful. Later we met with the crew who were on set. There was Napolean, who was an enthusiastic manlet and he took pride in his work, he was the main trainer, a prodigy, he was 50. There was also Mathew who was a meat cutter that sang to pass the time, and finally Bob who was the legit embodiment of depression. Every movement that Bob made were laboured. If he had to move across the room, he would drag his body as if dragging a corpse. When spoken to, he would always end his sentences with a barely audible sigh and tilt of the head ever so subtly towards the floor. He just minded his own business most of the time, but was a serial mood killer for sure.
My training partner Kieth didn't give a shit about the job, he only took it to get some money before he lands another gig, which he claims will be within a few weeks. He bagered me about how this job sucks constantly. Long story short I decided this place was too fucking depressing. I had to work with old people and wear a dumbass hat and apron and big ass gloves. so one I just stopped going in. Overall I do not recommend working at meats or seafood, it's for old people with one foot in the grave already. For what they pay you can get a job that is not as wet and moist as this place. Idk why anyone would take this job aside from first timers and old ppl

Im afraid im gonna be like Bob when im older. Haunting story ngl. I also work in a grocery store and have met my fair share of coworkers who look dead inside

Anything but retail.

I pity you, it was my first job in a company and I was only there one day, I quit the next day, I told him it was because I was too far away but really it was because the job was shit

It nice to meet you.

Read everything