Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Testing out some 1970 speakers i got for free/ Feel free to give song reccomendations

Lonelyus

Lonelyus

Based Goyim!
★★★★★
Gotta say they sound amazing!

They are 180w each

Yamaha NS-45E

NS-45e when was they made​

The Yamaha NS-45E was introduced in the mid-1970s as part of Yamaha’s NS (Nearfield Studio) series. The exact production date is not specified, but it is known that the NS-45E was a popular choice for studio monitoring and audio enthusiasts due to its accurate sound reproduction.
Key Points:
  • Introduced in the mid-1970s
  • Part of Yamaha’s NS (Nearfield Studio) series
  • Designed for studio monitoring and audio enthusiasts
  • Features a 10-inch woofer and a single-inch silk dome tweeter
  • Bass-reflex cabinet design
  • Rated at 6 ohms, with a frequency response of 75 Hz to 40 kHz and a maximum power input of 130 watts

Song reccomendations?

Sympathy of the Devil.

Cool speakers ! Congrats.

In audio shops they often use these:

Hotel California (Live on MTV, 1994)
by Eagles - Known for its dynamic range and detailed instrumentation, making it ideal for testing clarity and separation.

Take Five
by The Dave Brubeck Quartet - A jazz classic known for its intricate rhythms and clear instrumental separation, perfect for testing timing and detail.

Brothers in Arms
By Dire Straits. perfect for assessing soundstage, clarity, and detail.

In audio shops they often use these:

Hotel California (Live on MTV, 1994)
by Eagles - Known for its dynamic range and detailed instrumentation, making it ideal for testing clarity and separation.

Take Five
by The Dave Brubeck Quartet - A jazz classic known for its intricate rhythms and clear instrumental separation, perfect for testing timing and detail.

Brothers in Arms
By Dire Straits. perfect for assessing soundstage, clarity, and detail.
It seems all the elements are in order and im using monster cables so it gets perfect sound!

Im gonna play these for further testing, im gonna use it for home cinema on my old 4K tv!

Things from that period were exceptionally made and built to last.

Things of that period were exceptionally made. Built to last also.
So your saying my 1970 speakers are exceptional?

I also have 2 old Ferguson speakers from the 60s i paired with them

Makes sense, They werent that greedy back then.

hd_item_1959912_c275b6200d.jpg

My other speakERs

So your saying my 1970 speakers are exceptional?
In general products of the period and before were made by people that valued cost-cutting less then later generations. The materials used just seem to not desintegrate as fast as in later periods.

The small modern expensive wireless speakers people have connected to their phones just don’t sound nearly the same as oldschool material. And the cheap plastics feel sticky after a time if you pick the thing up. Not replaceable batteries that don’t recharge anymore. Everything modern seems to be built for the garbage dump landfill mountains. Ok not everything. But many modern products are throw-away stuff.

Isn’t it amazing that your speakers still work?

In general products of the period and before were made by people that valued cost-cutting less then later generations. The materials used just seem to not desintegrate as fast as in later periods.

The small modern expensive wireless speakers people have connected to their phones just don’t sound nearly the same as oldschool material. And the cheap plastics feel sticky after a time if you pick the thing up. Not replaceable batteries that don’t recharge anymore. Everything seems to be built for the garbage dump landfill mountains.

Isn’t it amazing that your speakers still work?
They are in mint condition sir, They are amazing and work sounds amazing, Are you saying they are landfill garbage that will disintegrate over time?

They are in mint condition sir, They are amazing and work sounds amazing, Are you saying they are landfill garbage that will disintegrate over time?
I am saying that later products from now, often disintegrate fast, and products from then were made with expensive long lasting components. Companies like to cost cut more nowadays and pay cost cutting bonuses to the CEO. So the answer is:

No.

They will last for ever. beautiful to own.
Nice

What amplifier or receiver do you use ?

Nice. It remembers your favorite settings for each soundfield seperatly. Also a long lasting product. I have a 2008 pioneer SC-LC83. Your Sony is much more user friendly. These Japanese pioneer engineers of the time were nerds : why make it simple. But it sounds great. Like your Sony also sounds super. I need to sleep some more. Will try fall asleep thinking of…… speakers :feelshaha:

Enjoy you set cheers

Last edited:
Nice. It remembers your favorite settings for each soundfield seperatly. Also a long lasting product. I have a 2008 pioneer SC-LC83. Your Sony is much more user friendly. These Japanese pioneer engineers of the time were nerds : why make it simple. But it sounds great. Like your Sony also sounds super. I need to sleep some more. Will try fall asleep thinking of…… speakers :feelshaha:

Enjoy you set cheers
My sony receiver is better?

My sony receiver is better?
It's difficult to say if something is better, because something has multi-ple aspects, features, advantages, similarities and disadvantages compared to something else, which also can be subjective depending on taste, or depending what someone has learned to appreciate, bla bla, but: yes.

Sony is a great great brand.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back