Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

take the cognitive distortion pill!

Emba

Emba

Jarjar Sphinx
★★★★★
I was studying demoralization today and found a big pile of "wrong think" information...

Basically, you can often make your shitty world, much shittier, by improperly perceiving it.

In Miyamoto Mushashi's "book of five rings" this is known as "winning with your eye." Except backwards! It's LOSING WITH YOUR EYE (mind).

In John Boyd's "OODA loop" it's like helping your enemy win by sabotaging yourself.
By pre-losing the initiative in your own mind, the enemy wins without a fight!

Basically, it's like making things WORSE for yourself when in fact things are less horrible that they seem. It's all about your perspective of it.

Anyway, i ran a search for....

Demoralization and remoralization

On duckduckgo, and it was interesting.
Lots of "forever loops" of hoops though. Tiny portions of handy shit to keep you reading there... But there are a few good clues in the linked article above.

So... uhhh can I distort my mind into believing I have a qt gf?

sounds like a cope
Perhaps. But it also goes beyond Inceldom into other facets of life perception.

Sure. It's a cope... It's psychology!

I'm just thinking it may be useful as a coping tool.

Like a coping saw for your perceptions!

Can someone explain what tulpamaxxing is?

Perhaps. But it also goes beyond Inceldom into other facets of life perception.

Sure. It's a cope... It's psychology!

I'm just thinking it may be useful as a coping tool.

Like a coping saw for your perceptions!
well maybe youre right

tbh that does make some sense. I can assure you that depression indeed can make things seem way worse than they actually are, and since depression is nothing but chemical imbalancement, so do other mental illness

well maybe youre right

tbh that does make some sense. I can assure you that depression indeed can make things seem way worse than they actually are, and since depression is nothing but chemical imbalancement, so do other mental illness
I refuse to believe in the (((chemical imbalance))) concept. I don't need (((their))) chemicals! Fuck THAT!

But by thinking about "how we think" or thinking about thinking, can potentially give the thinker an edge to succeed - or at least, fail less.

Can someone explain what tulpamaxxing is?
It's an imaginary girlfriend that is made out of "attention energy" and is as real as your effort can make her. Other folks prefer a pre-existing succubus/ demon girl. But with a tupla she's as perfect as you imagine her to be.

Look up

Tulpa

Online. There are whole websites devoted to the concept.

cbt only works on truly delusional or stupid people. The bluepillers and deluded optimists are the ones with cognitive distortions

cbt only works on truly delusional or stupid people. The bluepillers and deluded optimists are the ones with cognitive distortions
Sure. Ofc...

I'm not promoting buying cbt! I'm just saying to be aware of some of the basic information... So you don't self sabotage other facets of your life.

so it's like "the Secret" stuff where you attract positive or negative things from the universe by using your thinking/subconscious, but more realistic (i. e. it's not magic, it's psychology)?
yeah, it's prolly true, both placebo and nocebo are well-documented and baffling
that's why I don't think it's good to spend too much time here: talking and thinking about terrible stuff 24/7 will make you miserable, but if you find a positive cope, you can feel a little better (won't cure inceldom, but no point in wailing in despair all the time)

so it's like "the Secret" stuff where you attract positive or negative things from the universe by using your thinking/subconscious, but more realistic (i. e. it's not magic, it's psychology)?
yeah, it's prolly true, both placebo and nocebo are well-documented and baffling
that's why I don't think it's good to spend too much time here: talking and thinking about terrible stuff 24/7 will make you miserable, but if you find a positive cope, you can feel a little better (won't cure inceldom, but no point in wailing in despair all the time)
Cringefuel! That secret shit lol!
I knew a bro fell for it and is worse than a hippy now.

The wiki article is nothing like "the secret." It's basically about how ideas get shortened by other preconceived ideas. Sort of like how fast NT folks think. They don't take the time to digest the thought they barely chew it! Like how a dog easts meat.

But yeah. I get tired of the despair whining, so i tried to make a useful post so as to hopefully decrease it.

Its a lot like a crab bucket. It's the only communication game in town for us though... So we tolerate the pinchers...

19:00-20:45

(Excellent video! Bookmarked! Will fully watch later!)

It seems to me, that, that fellow is indeed, "doing something," about his problems! Even though he states that "nothing can be done..."

What excellent analogies! Certainly food for thought. Ofc, he's speaking to us from a time when American race relations were more of a "black and white" issue. (Pun intended)

Unfortunately, the massive bulk of races never can get along as well as individuals can. He is intelligent, smart people can always get along. But if you're not allowed to "prove yourself" via communication, then the smarts is a bad cope.

The intent of this post WASN'T ABOUT society fucking you over, it's mainly about how you fuck yourself over! However, there is indeed a connection. Since any feedback loop always has an origin.

Video dude mentions such an origin.

The same stuff he says about black men can easily be applied to ugly men.

However... We already know that! It's about fixing some of the results of that. Or at least trying to.

### @Tempus Edax Rerum

Oh yeah... Chimping out does not help black people at all. It only reinforces the stereotype! You could say they are acting like they are "expected" to act, instead of "rising above" such as i hoped to influence via the shared article.
Don’t Tulpa’s take like years to make
I tried decades ago under the term "created thought form being" before knowing their was already a term for it. I failed.

It requires youthful energy and excellent imagination! The time required, is only limited by that.

Last edited: