Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal [STUDY] Social isolation increases mortality by up to 50% and is as bad as smoking 15 cigarettes per day (5 STUDIES)

So I have several studies here to show. The links to the studies are found at the end of this post

Study number 1: Not being lonely reduces your mortality rate by 50%, far exceeding many other health factors

Data across 308,849 individuals, followed for an average of 7.5 years, indicate that individuals with adequate social relationships have a 50% greater likelihood of survival compared to those with poor or insufficient social relationships. The magnitude of this effect is comparable with quitting smoking and it exceeds many well-known risk factors for mortality (e.g., obesity, physical inactivity).

The overall effect remained consistent across a number of factors, including age, sex, initial health status, follow-up period, and cause of death, suggesting that the association between social relationships and mortality may be general, and efforts to reduce risk should not be isolated to subgroups such as the elderly.

To draw a parallel, many decades ago high mortality rates were observed among infants in custodial care (i.e., orphanages), even when controlling for pre-existing health conditions and medical treatment [201][204]. Lack of human contact predicted mortality. The medical profession was stunned to learn that infants would die without social interaction. This single finding, so simplistic in hindsight, was responsible for changes in practice and policy that markedly decreased mortality rates in custodial care settings. Contemporary medicine could similarly benefit from acknowledging the data: Social relationships influence the health outcomes of adults.

Study number 2: Loneliness is bad for your health, increases mortality by 26% on average, going up to 48% for the top quintile of isolation

The sample size was 6500 people, all over the age of 52. (after all normies only care about the isolation of old people or just pretend like only old people suffer from that)

Socially isolated individuals are at increased risk for the development of cardiovascular disease (3), infectious illness (4), cognitive deterioration (5), and mortality (69). Social isolation also has been associated with elevated blood pressure, C-reactive protein, and fibrinogen (10, 11) and with heightened inflammatory and metabolic responses to stress (12, 13).
[...]
Loneliness itself has been linked with increased risk of cardiovascular disease and mortality (1518), elevated blood pressure and cortisol (1921), heightened inflammatory responses to stress (22, 23), and modifications in transcriptional pathways linked with glucocorticoid and inflammatory processes (24).

after adjusting statistically for demographic factors and baseline health, social isolation remained significantly associated with mortality (hazard ratio 1.26, 95% confidence interval, 1.08–1.48 for the top quintile of isolation)

Study number 3: Social isolation is as powerful as other classical health factors such as high blood pressure and smoking

Sample size: Almost 17 000. More of the same, I won't be copypasting much, the graphs in the study are really nice.

Results. Socially isolated men and women had worse unadjusted survival curves than less socially isolated individuals. Cox models revealed that social isolation predicted mortality for both genders, as did smoking and high blood pressure.

Clink on the link below if you want to see cool graphs

Study number 4: Social isolation is as bad as smoking 15 cigarettes per day

Unfortunately I can't find the study itself. It was supposedly conducted by the AARP and published in a journal, but the links i've found to the study give me an error. If anyone can find the study it would be cool. I do have a link to an official pdf from the AARP that mentions this fact on page 3

According to a study published last year in Perspectives on Psychological Science, the health effects of prolonged isolation are equivalent to smoking 15 cigarettes a day. [broken link]

Study number 5: Loneliness could be considered a disease based on the consequences it has on human health

Loneliness may be pathognomic of depression in old age. It is reported to be more dangerous than smoking[1]; high degree of loneliness precipitates suicidal ideation and para-suicide,[2] Alzheimer's disease, and other dementia[3,4] and adversely affects the immune and cardio-vascular system.[5] It is a generally accepted opinion that loneliness results in a decline of well-being and has an adverse effect on physical health, possibly through immunologic impairment or neuro-endocrine changes.[6] Loneliness is thus, among the latent causes of hospitalization and of placement in nursing homes.[7]

Loneliness predisposes a person to physical diseases too as it has an adverse impact on immune, cardiovascular, and endocrine system.[32] Consistent, overwhelming and pervasive loneliness develops stress and ultimately culminates into serious physical disease. Feeling of loneliness and being alone were found to be independent predictors of motor decline in old age.[33] Loneliness was also found to be an independent predictor of mortality and functional decline after controlling for depression.[34] It also leads to memory impairment and learning difficulties, and makes the person prone to Alzheimer's disease.[35] A Dutch study reports that people who feel lonely are more likely to develop clinical dementia over a period of 3 years compared to those who do not experience loneliness.[36]

Study 5 also delves into the differences between loneliness and solitude, risk factors of social isolation etc. It's a decent read. Though they quote a study that said that women are more socially isolated than men jfl. It's in india though so who knows

Links of studies 1 to 5 (4 is missing)

Last edited:
This is why the whole long term NEET thing is a meme. It's the bridge to suicide or health problems. You can look at the current system in almost the same way you look at a chicken factory. We're essentially the male chicks on the conveyer belt, on our way to a meat grinder. They won't let you opt out without dying.
brutal but true :feelsrope:

Your mind and your body are connected. If you are extremely nervous you get stomach aches and diarrhea and if you are depressed you are tired and have headaches.
There is more to it than having unhealthy lifestyle because of isolation. Your whole body, my whole body suffers when I feel the extreme loneliness sometimes.

Your mind and your body are connected. If you are extremely nervous you get stomach aches and diarrhea and if you are depressed you are tired and have headaches.
There is more to it than having unhealthy lifestyle because of isolation. Your whole body, my whole body suffers when I feel the extreme loneliness sometimes.
@ionlycopenow :feelstrash:

@ionlycopenow :feelstrash:
Haha. I get diarrhea and stomach aches every day. I remember on key days like first days of school or uni I would get such intense diarrhea I'd have to go the bathroom 20 minutes into the start of class and just fire my guts out. Even while getting to class in the car id already be feeling my bowels turning to pure liquid , gross and unnerving af. My entire family has had a history of migraines and tiredness as well. I also get headaches alot and am tired all day long.

No news here though. Studies show the entire body is connected more and more with every breakthrough . For instance they now think your gut is your second brain, it ties to your nervous system (and antibiotics wreck havoc on the balance of it)

Haha. I get diarrhea and stomach aches every day. I remember on key days like first days of school or uni I would get such intense diarrhea I'd have to go the bathroom 20 minutes into the start of class and just fire my guts out. Even while getting to class in the car id already be feeling my bowels turning to pure liquid , gross and unnerving af. My entire family has had a history of migraines and tiredness as well. I also get headaches alot and am tired all day long.

No news here though. Studies show the entire body is connected more and more with every breakthrough . For instance they now think your gut is your second brain, it ties to your nervous system (and antibiotics wreck havoc on the balance of it)

Likewise, memories, personalities, tastes etc are partially stored in the HEART. Yes the heart, it has a sort of cellular memory. A small percentage of people who get a heart transplant report significant personality/tastes changes

One of the more famous cases includes a woman named Claire Sylvia. In the 70s this woman received a heart and lung transplant from an 18-year- old boy who died in a motorcycle accident. After her surgery Sylvia had cravings she never had before like beer and burgers. After some time, she contacted the family of her donor and was in shock that he enjoyed the same foods (She wrote a book on her experience!

Amazon product ASIN B000F6Z93WView: https://www.amazon.com/Change-Heart-Memoir-Claire-Sylvia/dp/B000F6Z93W/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202409655&sr=8-3

Likewise, memories, personalities, tastes etc are partially stored in the HEART. Yes the heart, it has a sort of cellular memory. A small percentage of people who get a heart transplant report significant personality/tastes changes

Amazon product ASIN B000F6Z93WView: https://www.amazon.com/Change-Heart-Memoir-Claire-Sylvia/dp/B000F6Z93W/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202409655&sr=8-3
Your entire body and memories affect your nervous system and who you are. That's crazy to think about. Unfortunately that only confirms looks matter even more as that means that since you're treated better when good looking your life and body will also respond better. Explains why I'm a subhuman who is always nervous, sad, and tired among other problems. People get personality changes from every organ transplant, or removing certain things like kidneys can even change it too. It just reaffirms how EVERYTHING in your body matter and affects "you". I would love to study and research this but whatever part of my body causes me to be extremely anxious/depressed and OCD like causing me to be unable to do ANYTHING, despite being high iq according to tests, high iq family and even past few years myself scoring perfect scores without trying or even coming to classes, jfl I'm no genius but I'm not stupid. I can only rot despite wanting to be better. I have a subhuman body. Normies would call me "lazy" but I've seen lazy people. They are lazy and don't care/some even like being that way . I hate being a lazy slob yet that is my entire past few years, being a piece of trash lazy garbage who can't do anything but sleep all day long.

Hey, I like to cope that maybe in 500 years incels won't have these problems as medicine will have better grasp over the body and they'll avoid these problems we faced. But I'll be fucking dead by then sadly so it won't matter to me jfl.

Last edited:
I'll be Dead soon then

So I lived in social isolation for over 4 years, smoked 20 cigarettes a day and smoked up to 1,5 g Heroine per day.
How high is my mortality do you think?
you good?

meanwhile women will destroy your ties not just to them but other people too

"eww don't invite those losers! i'm not coming to the party if they are coming too!"

Honestly a good reason to just kill myself. Why be lonely long enough for the loneliness to kill me.

This is why the whole long term NEET thing is a meme. It's the bridge to suicide or health problems. You can look at the current system in almost the same way you look at a chicken factory. We're essentially the male chicks on the conveyer belt, on our way to a meat grinder. They won't let you opt out without dying.
For many of us being a NEET is less stressful than working so we are more likely to die being employed than bring a NEET because of the extra stress. Stress is what these studies are about not loneliness on its own, most people hate being alone hence why they tar everyone with the same brush.

you good?
honestly I was feeling good at the time, I didnt cared about girls or being incel.
Now Im forced by court to take some medication that hasnt nearly the same effect as Heroine.
I miss it....

but they gradually lost hope in me
:feelsbadman::feelscry: typical inkwell experience, that bit hit hard man

alcohol was worse because they kicked me out drunk and had to walk like 30km to my grama's home
Yeah the older generation of arabs here in the West really dont like alcohol ive noticed. Bet it's the same in Algeria
The zoomers generally drink like degens tho

for hash my dad just grabbed me from the neck and put my head under the tap with cold water every time he caught me.
Based parenting tbh

i am fucked up. My mental issue is worsening day by day

So I have several studies here to show. The links to the studies are found at the end of this post

Study number 1: Not being lonely reduces your mortality rate by 50%, far exceeding many other health factors

Data across 308,849 individuals, followed for an average of 7.5 years, indicate that individuals with adequate social relationships have a 50% greater likelihood of survival compared to those with poor or insufficient social relationships. The magnitude of this effect is comparable with quitting smoking and it exceeds many well-known risk factors for mortality (e.g., obesity, physical inactivity).

The overall effect remained consistent across a number of factors, including age, sex, initial health status, follow-up period, and cause of death, suggesting that the association between social relationships and mortality may be general, and efforts to reduce risk should not be isolated to subgroups such as the elderly.

To draw a parallel, many decades ago high mortality rates were observed among infants in custodial care (i.e., orphanages), even when controlling for pre-existing health conditions and medical treatment [201][204]. Lack of human contact predicted mortality. The medical profession was stunned to learn that infants would die without social interaction. This single finding, so simplistic in hindsight, was responsible for changes in practice and policy that markedly decreased mortality rates in custodial care settings. Contemporary medicine could similarly benefit from acknowledging the data: Social relationships influence the health outcomes of adults.

Study number 2: Loneliness is bad for your health, increases mortality by 26% on average, going up to 48% for the top quintile of isolation

The sample size was 6500 people, all over the age of 52. (after all normies only care about the isolation of old people or just pretend like only old people suffer from that)

Study number 3: Social isolation is as powerful as other classical health factors such as high blood pressure and smoking

Sample size: Almost 17 000. More of the same, I won't be copypasting much, the graphs in the study are really nice.

Unfortunately I can't find the study itself. It was supposedly conducted by the AARP and published in a journal, but the links i've found to the study give me an error. If anyone can find the study it would be cool. I do have a link to an official pdf from the AARP that mentions this fact on page 3

According to a study published last year in Perspectives on Psychological Science, the health effects of prolonged isolation are equivalent to smoking 15 cigarettes a day. [broken link]

Study number 5: Loneliness could be considered a disease based on the consequences it has on human health

Loneliness may be pathognomic of depression in old age. It is reported to be more dangerous than smoking[1]; high degree of loneliness precipitates suicidal ideation and para-suicide,[2] Alzheimer's disease, and other dementia[3,4] and adversely affects the immune and cardio-vascular system.[5] It is a generally accepted opinion that loneliness results in a decline of well-being and has an adverse effect on physical health, possibly through immunologic impairment or neuro-endocrine changes.[6] Loneliness is thus, among the latent causes of hospitalization and of placement in nursing homes.[7]

Loneliness predisposes a person to physical diseases too as it has an adverse impact on immune, cardiovascular, and endocrine system.[32] Consistent, overwhelming and pervasive loneliness develops stress and ultimately culminates into serious physical disease. Feeling of loneliness and being alone were found to be independent predictors of motor decline in old age.[33] Loneliness was also found to be an independent predictor of mortality and functional decline after controlling for depression.[34] It also leads to memory impairment and learning difficulties, and makes the person prone to Alzheimer's disease.[35] A Dutch study reports that people who feel lonely are more likely to develop clinical dementia over a period of 3 years compared to those who do not experience loneliness.[36]

Study 5 also delves into the differences between loneliness and solitude, risk factors of social isolation etc. It's a decent read. Though they quote a study that said that women are more socially isolated than men jfl. It's in india though so who knows

Oh shit... guess my destiny is sealed then.

lifefuel, I'm already smoking so I'll die earlier, before 30 please :feelsaww:

A brutal :blackpill: but it makes sense.

:feelscry::feelscry::feelscry:

yep exactly its also the cortisol your brain eats itself eventually. (look at these mgtow guys lol they are dropping like flies! one is dying of cancer, others get heart problems lol) . that also explains why hispanics are outliving whites. they have a healthy social environment and sex. (sex is good for your health) I hate being white. My failed culture produces autism!
shit I have been getting chronic headaches 3-5 times every month since I was in middle school. (some times I legit have to down 3 ibuprofen tablets to make it stop. Maybe its depression/isolation IDK.

That may explain premature balding too! like 26 year old grad students where I live look like middle-aged men lol. Your body EATS itself due to isolation.

Last edited:
They are literely killing us, but tbh even if isolation make you die faster, I experienced to be far better when Im not in some place with lots of people and just isolated with my thoughts, if we had good social interactions our health would improve for sure, but all we end up having is humiliation and even anger towards us. If having no social interactions is like smoking 15 cigars per day having to interact with normies as a incel is something close to 30.

And there still are ITniggers that deny this study even though the water is so fucking wet.

mfw I am a loner and a smoker

:feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:

its over for spergs like me :feelsrope:

thats pretty mch what they will say
Fuck, that's what everyone around me says when I talk about this stuff. They also call it it "Self love", :soy: like how can they really not see that it could be that I am so unhappy with my life precisely BECAUSE I love myself so much that I want myself to have the happiest life I possibly can? Sometimes, it seems like the people around me would rather me become a eunuch just so I will stop "complaining" about my lack of pussy.

Fuck, that's what everyone around me says when I talk about this stuff. They also call it it "Self love", :soy: like how can they really not see that it could be that I am so unhappy with my life precisely BECAUSE I love myself so much that I want myself to have the happiest life I possibly can? Sometimes, it seems like the people around me would rather me become a eunuch just so I will stop "complaining" about my lack of pussy.
People want you to stfu and just be a sexless drone that works, pays taxes and consooms. It's gaslighting

And yeah if you love yourself how the fuck could you accept having a shitty lonely life, these people dont make any sense

People want you to stfu and just be a sexless drone that works, pays taxes and consooms. It's gaslighting

And yeah if you love yourself how the fuck could you accept having a shitty lonely life, these people dont make any sense
My cardiologist put me on a 10,000 step a day quota to increase my testosterone naturally; and surprise surprise, it increased my sex drive to the point where I would need to fap the day away to get "post nut clarity" because if I do feel relief from cooming, it only lasts like 30 seconds max before the horny returns in full.

I live in total isolation and also smoke up to fifteen cigarettes per day at the same time, how fucked am I right now? Just give it to me straight folks. :feelskek::feelsohh::feelsclown:

TFQZh

Last edited:
At least your suffering will end sooner :feelsmage:
No, not really, I'm cursed to live up to an extremely old age. Not even death wants me.

Both heaven and hell have barred me entry at both of their gates, neither wants me.

Last edited:
No, not really, I'm cursed to live up to an extremely old age. Not even death wants me.

Both heaven and hell have barred me entry at both of their gates, neither wants me.
The world is going to shit really fast. Don't think most of us will live to old age. If we do it'll be under a 1984 style rule

The world is going to shit really fast. Don't think most of us will live to old age. If we do it'll be under a 1984 style rule
I'll be living in the woods inside a hollowed out tree like Merlin.:feelsclown:

Sleepingmerlin

But it would be kind of cruel if being lonely and depressed all the tiime greately extended your lifespan, forcing you to endure the loneliness for longer.
Think about been cursed to be an immortalcel.

friendhavers are privileged

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back