Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Soy [STUDY] Orbiterpill: yes orbiters exist

E

Edmund_Kemper

Disregard my larping efforts. I can’t change it.
-
Yes orbiters exist study shows:

STUDY 1 finds that in opposite gender friendships, men are more likely than women to be attracted to the friend of the opposite gender and men are more likely to overestimate how romantically interested their opposite gender friend is in them. Read more below

Men report more sexual interest in their female friends than their female friends do in them, and men are also more likely than women to overestimate how romantically interested their friends are in them. In most cases, sexual attraction within a friendship is seen as more of a burden than a benefit, the study finds.

"I think men and women do want to be friends, they do want to engage in platonic friendships," said study researcher April Bleske-Rechek, a psychologist at the University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire. "But the data I've been collecting suggests that attractions can get in the way."
Bleske-Rechek and her colleagues were interested in how heterosexual, opposite-sex friends dealt with issues of sexual attraction that might come up in their friendships. First, they recruited 88 pairs of opposite-sex college-age friends to fill out questionnaires about their friendship. The researchers had pairs of friends come in so they could be sure that each member of the pair agreed that they were in a friendship, preventing one-sided relationships from muddying the waters.

The participants separately answered questions about their friendship, including their levels of attraction to one another. To discourage pressure to share the answers later, the researchers instructed the friends to keep their answers confidential, even after the study.

The results revealed that men are more attracted to their female friends than their female friends are to them. Such overestimating of women's interest is not unusual for men, Bleske-Rechek said.

"Men over-infer women's sexual interest in a variety of contexts, and I definitely see that extending into the domain of cross-sex friendships as well," Bleske-Rechek said.

Attraction to friends

Men who were romantically involved were no less likely than single guys to say they found their female friend attractive or to say they'd like to go on a date with her. Women who were romantically involved were also equally as likely as single gals to be attracted to their male friends, but they drew the line at dating, with fewer women in relationships saying they'd date their guy friend.

The researchers next wanted to expand their findings outside the college student realm, so they sent questionnaires 107 young adults ages 18 to 23 and 322 adults between the ages of 27 and 55. In these questionnaires, participants were asked about their cross-sex friendships and were given the opportunity to list their own reasons why those friendships were both beneficial and burdensome.

Although older adults reported fewer opposite-sex friends than the younger group did, everyone was very positive about these friendships, ranking them as overwhelmingly beneficial. But when people listed attraction on the "costs and benefits" list, it almost always fell under a "cost." Almost half of the young adults in the study spontaneously mentioned attraction as a problem in their friendships, the researchers reported April 25 in the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships.

There was a slight sex difference to this finding, such that men were less likely to call sexual attraction to a friend a cost than women were, although they were still unlikely to see it as a positive.

"When it does come up as a benefit, it's more likely to be a guy saying it," Bleske-Rechek said.

The finding shouldn't be interpreted to mean that men and women can't be friends, Bleske-Rechek said, just that we may have to overcome our evolutionary history to do so.

"It's very likely that the modern environment has changed so quickly that we've got these novel opportunities to engage in a variety of types of relationship with the opposite sex that we probably didn't, historically," she said. "It's going to take us a while to adjust."

STUDY 2

Findings from this study support American research suggesting that women are more intimate and emotional in their same-sex friend- ships than men, and tend to place a higher value on these friendships than men do. In accordance withfindings of the American sample, New Zealand women emphasized talking, emotional sharing, and discussing personal problems with their same-sexfriends, and men showed an emphasis on sharing activities and doing things with their men friends. Differences between the American and New Zealand samples were shown for men in the number of friends and the intimacy levels of these friendships. New Zealand men preferred numerous but less intimate same-sex friends, while women (as in the United States) showed a preference for a few, close, intimate same-sex friends. Men, in contrast to women, derived emotional support and therapeutic value more from their opposite-sex relationships than their same-sex friendships. Finally, more men than women stated they would not cancel an engagement with an opposite-sex friend in order to go out with a same- sex friend.
When asked whether they would cancel an engagement with their same-sex friend to go out with a member of the opposite sex, a greater percentage of men (5507o)than women (3607o)stated that they would cancel an engagement with a same-sex friend to go out with a member of the opposite sex [x2(1) = 6.1, p < 0.05]. Table II shows differences between New Zealand men and women regarding these variables.
Screen Shot 2021 12 26 at 45853 PM
Screen Shot 2021 12 26 at 50029 PM

Being friends with women is one of the worst decisions you can make in this life unless you're a Chad. Then, you're never really just friends with them. Even my Chadlite friend told me he already had sex with or at least kissed all his female "friends". Not that I condone fornication but what are modern women good for anyways?

Last edited:
Being friends with women is one of the worst decisions you can make in this life unless you're a Chad. Then, you're never really just friends with them. Even my Chadlite friend told me he already had sex with or at least kissed all his female "friends". Not that I condone fornication but what are modern women good for anyways?
so friendmaxxing is a legit thing if you're chad

I never been kissed

Men are attracted to most women where as women are attracted to a small percentage of men, which would logically explain this.

water

Men are attracted to most women where as women are attracted to a small percentage of men, which would logically explain this.

water
Yep.

There's no such a thing as a friendship between a man and a woman.
Water...

Brutal. I remember back in HS when my fuckboy friend managed to at least sit foids in his leg.

I become friend of women because I´m to clumsy at work and they use to be more patient with me. I need them to teach me:feelsmage:.
Also to have more contacts for laboral purposes.:feelsXmas:
Aside of it. I chose hookers. All incels must do the same.

I hardly spoken to a foid in a years
Forgetting about a cultural or criminal transgression they could record, if you were with a foid in a situation she couldn’t cry creep, would you talk to her about your favorite hobby or something :feelsdevil:. Foids hate platonic conversations with Us :panties:

The only reason I would ever try to make “friends” with a woman would be for the sole purpose of fucking her. If I can’t get that then I would instantly leave, and the signs that she wouldn’t be interested would be very clear.

Don't even bother even IF it worked. If no girls insert themselves in to your life, why would you try to infiltrate theirs for sex? That's "nice guy" labeling AKA what the feminists, soyboys and such love to point out when your attempts to "ascend" (laugh) with a mere woman are attempted.

This is how women gaslight or cucks/IT loves to point and say "nice guys." Never "creep in to" the lives of women for some gain -- they must open the gates first. The very reason ammo is used against most men is because most men are making themselves look bad by being cucked/too :redpill:.

Also, if you plan to "creep in to" any woman's life for some gain, at least make it the based and less cucked way, not the, "I tried to be your friend and now you told everyone how creepy and pathetic I am because I wanted to be more than friends," ending we all dread & regret.

If you got "friends" you can get intimate with that's the based way: you know you aren't just an orbiter but the main course at least temporarily.

Last edited:
Don't even bother even IF it worked. If no girls insert themselves in to your life, why would you try to infiltrate theirs for sex? That's "nice guy" labeling AKA what the feminists, soyboys and such love to point out when your attempts to "ascend" (laugh) with a mere woman are attempted.

This is how women gaslight or cucks/IT loves to point and say "nice guys." Never "creep in to" the lives of women for some gain -- they must open the gates first. The very reason ammo is used against most men is because most men are making themselves look bad by being cucked/too :redpill:.

Also, if you plan to "creep in to" any woman's life for some gain, at least make it the based and less cucked way, not the, "I tried to be your friend and now you told everyone how creepy and pathetic I am because I wanted to be more than friends," ending we all dread & regret.

If you got "friends" you can get intimate with that's the based way: you know you aren't just an orbiter but the main course at least temporarily.
Being someone’s friend in order to get a relationship isn’t nice guy syndrome though

Thankfully I never put myself in that ridiculous gay best friend role.

When asked whether they would cancel an engagement with their same-sex friend to go out with a member of the opposite sex, a greater percentage of men (5507o)than women (3607o)stated that they would cancel an engagement with a same-sex friend to go out with a member of the opposite sex [x2(1) = 6.1, p < 0.05]. Table II shows differences between New Zealand men and women regarding these variables.
Hope you get divorce raped while being a virgin you fuck simp bitch.