Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Study on short men and suicide rate, puts shortcels on suicidewatch

Limerencel

Limerencel

Major
"There was a strong inverse association between height and suicide risk. In fully adjusted models, a 5-cm increase in height was associated with a 9% decrease in suicide risk."

"Taller men had a much lower risk of suicide than shorter men. The association was linear. The effect of height changed little after adjustment for parental socioeconomic index or the participant’s body mass index."

"Short individuals are more likely to be in a low social class as adults"

"We found that educational level, a marker of socioeconomic position, had little effect on the associations"

"Marriage protects against suicide, and short individuals may be less likely to marry than taller ones"

"Finally, short children tend to have lower levels of intelligence and may suffer stigmatizationand discrimination"

Source: American Journal of Psychiatry / PDF

Still better than having an ugly face.

Being a short man is worse than being starving and homeless.

Do we need any more evidence that its over for manlets tbh?

@blackletcel @knajjd

http://www.businessinsider.com/tall-people-are-richer-and-successful-2015-9

One 2004 study found that the taller you are, the more you earn. In fact, according to that study, a person who is 6 feet tall would be predicted to earn nearly $166,000 more over the course of a 30-year career than someone who clocks in at 5 feet 5 inches. (The researchers observed those results even when they controlled for gender.)

Princeton scientists found that height predicted success even among three-year-olds taking tests of cognitive ability. In other words, they hypothesize that taller people are inherently more intelligent than shorter people.

And yet "we have a sense, in our minds, of what a leader is supposed to look like." Presumably, that's why the majority of Fortune 500 CEOs are taller than the average man. (The majority of Fortune 500 CEOs are men.)

Other researchers say it all comes down to evolution. Back in our caveman days, we would have been wise to select tall, strapping people to lead the tribe because they'd be able to physically defend us — and that preference prevails even today.

Taller means bigger brain

As a manlet, i could end my life, but unfortunately there's nothing to end, as my life never even started.

Everyone instinctively knows about lookism, but I'd really like this type of information to be more broadly known.

We get so much of that bullshit 'pull yourself up by your own bootstraps' advice; I want people to explicitly acknowledge the truth: that we are not created equal, and no amount of hard work or positive thinking will change anything.

edit: oh and I forget to add that pedophiles are usually short.

Last edited: