Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill [STUDY] Human touch makes us feel happy and relaxed, couples sleeping together have better REM sleep, autistic people are hormonally sleep impaired

"Why do you care about sex and relationships??? :soy::soy:"

Simply sleeping in the same bed as your gf/wife will improve your sleep. Simply being touched by someone will release hormones that will relax you, make you feel happy and positive and thus also help you to sleep

"Bed-Sharing in Couples Is Associated With Increased and Stabilized REM Sleep and Sleep-Stage Synchronization"

"Results: As compared to sleeping individually, co-sleeping was associated with about 10% more REM sleep, less fragmented REM sleep (p = 0.008), longer undisturbed REM fragments (p = 0.0006), and more limb movements (p = 0.007)."

:feelsStudy: This is interesting but from what I've read they don't really have a clear explanation as for why this is the case

:feelsstudy: I have a hypothesis which i will back up with studies:

Hypothesis: Bed-sharing couples sleep better because of human touch. Human touch produces serotonin which is a precursor of melatonin, the hormone of sleep

:feelsStudy: Let's back up the fact that simple human touch will increase your serotonin level

Cortisol decreases and serotonin and dopamine increase following massage therapy

In studies in which cortisol was assayed either in saliva or in urine, significant decreases were noted in cortisol levels (averaging decreases 31%). In studies in which the activating neurotransmitters (serotonin and dopamine) were assayed in urine, an average increase of 28% was noted for serotonin and an average increase of 31% was noted for dopamine.

:feelsStudy: The decrease in cortisol and increase in dopamine are already interesting but it is the serotonin increase that interests me the most

Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that is associated with relaxation, positivity, a sense of feeling good etc. It's the happiness drug of our body.
That alone sounds like it would help you sleep right? Well it gets better: serotonin is a precursor of melatonin, the hormone of sleep (see pic below)

:feelsstudy: Melatonin regulates our circadian rythm (the body's internal clock in layman's terms) and it is the key to good sleep. Melatonin is often used to treat sleep disorders or to promote a better sleep. I've put 2 studies on melatonin in the spoiler if you're interested

The effectiveness of melatonin for promoting healthy sleep: a rapid evidence assessment of the literature​

Meta-Analysis: Melatonin for the Treatment of Primary Sleep Disorders​

:blackpill: IF YOU ARE LONELY YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON GOOD SLEEP ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE

BONUS BLACKPILL: Autistic people are known to have disturbances in the serotonin-melatonin pathway. They're sleep impaired on a hormonal level
If you're autistic and have trouble sleeping it could be because of your autism. Roughly 50-80% of autistic children suffer from sleep disorders

Can't fucking catch a break ffs @Atavistic Autist

WHITEPILL: Supplementing Melatonin did help autistic people sleep, but it did not fix the problem entirely

:feelsstudy: But if supplementing melatonin helped autistic people sleep then I think being in a relationship would also help them. But we all know how fucked those people are when it comes to dating ...

@Selinity @soymonkcel

@SergeantIncel @Master

Last edited:
I'm autistic and take melatonin to sleep

Melatoninmaxx

It’s not right for a man to be this touch starved from 11-25 years old. I want to behead any normie or soy cuck that would act like that shit isn’t going to cause serious psychological damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back