Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Stoicism

failmaxxed

failmaxxed

Low IQ
★★★★
If you are detached from this world and choose to feel nothing, then you will not fear anything in life or death, and nothing in this world can hurt you. Do you believe in this philosophy? I feel that it would be the ideal philosophy for those in great grief, if there is no reprieve from pain, then we must simply become detached and disassociated from this world.

How do I detach myself?

You cannot block emotional pain indefinately.
I try to detatch myself from the world and feeling things alot of the time, but there are times when you cannot deny the things you are missing out on would make you 1000 times happier and you will never attain them and it hurts alot
Also Stoicism doesn't mean you will feel any happiness either, it is mostly just indifference

Hardly works
it is worth trying, there is nothing to lose
How do I detach myself?
you need to believe in something greater than this world either through religion or passion, or you can try detaching from emotion instead of detaching from this world, by perceiving things without feeling.
You cannot block emotional pain indefinately.
I try to detatch myself from the world and feeling things alot of the time, but there are times when you cannot deny the things you are missing out on would make you 1000 times happier and you will never attain them and it hurts alot
Also Stoicism doesn't mean you will feel any happiness either, it is mostly just indifference
you are right, there is only so much that self delusion can help. But detachment should come as a defence mechanism to protect the ego against sadness, indifference to everything is more immense if it comes naturally. I will try too, but I think everyone has moments where the pain cannot be ignored, is more real than anything

The point of Stoicism isn't detachment so much as it is cultivating virtue. Detachment is a strategy to achieve that long term goal. Without it you'lll continue to suffer the effects of a purposeless life.

Stop whining and suck it up, bucko!

If you are detached from this world and choose to feel nothing, then you will not fear anything in life or death, and nothing in this world can hurt you. Do you believe in this philosophy? I feel that it would be the ideal philosophy for those in great grief, if there is no reprieve from pain, then we must simply become detached and disassociated from this world.
It's basically cope unless you're some Ricecel monk living atop a mountain with no internet connection and no chance of ever seeing a woman or Chad

Whitepill is a thing but it takes iron will to maintain it.

The point of Stoicism isn't detachment so much as it is cultivating virtue. Detachment is a strategy to achieve that long term goal. Without it you'lll continue to suffer the effects of a purposeless life.
Whitepill is a thing but it takes iron will to maintain it.
im not really promoting self improvement or whitepill, I meant to detach from this world, not really to find a higher purpose or virtue. That is merely a means of detachment, not the only means. Detachment is my end goal, apathy of this world around me and apathy of myself, virtue is not that important.
stoicism was the wrong title for this thread

Stoicism is realy interesting stuff

Stoicism is realy interesting stuff
it is, if you look at the time and place from where it originates from, it makes sense that it had to be created as an adaptive mechanism to a hostile world. Ancient Greece and Rome had many slaves, soldiers and warriors leading painful and short lives. If you cannot win against the world and pain is inevitable, then apathy to pain is the only effective choice.

10/10 Cope but doesn't work for me when Chad is enjoying his life while I rot due to the crime of my bones ngl

I think the biggest thing about stoicism is the perspective. Everything is temporary. Everything gets forgotten. So don't let it bother you too much.

I think the biggest thing about stoicism is the perspective. Everything is temporary. Everything gets forgotten. So don't let it bother you too much.
Definitely, Aurelius speaks a lot about how he will die and become nothing, experiencing nothing. We live for a short while and become nothing for an infinite amount of time, just as there was an infinite amount of time before birth. Even the immortal sun will die, and there universe will fade to entropy for an infinite amount of time. This nothingness did not bother us then , it will not bother us now. Since life is merely the transition between two infinite voids, there is no reason to place such weight on it.

Definitely, Aurelius speaks a lot about how he will die and become nothing, experiencing nothing. We live for a short while and become nothing for an infinite amount of time, just as there was an infinite amount of time before birth. Even the immortal sun will die, and there universe will fade to entropy for an infinite amount of time. This nothingness did not bother us then , it will not bother us now. Since life is merely the transition between two infinite voids, there is no reason to place such weight on it.
over at "the survival podcast" dude refers to a persons life as the dash, "-".

Such as, birth date - death date. Your life is that dash in the middle. So make the most of it. Because that's all you get.

Stoicism isn't just about the futility of it all. It's about not worrying about the shit you can't control too. That way you can maximize your control over your short life.

Kind of like not taking it so seriously. But also not giving away your power to others to effect your perspective.

Stoicism isn't just about the futility of it all. It's about not worrying about the shit you can't control too. That way you can maximize your control over your short life.

Kind of like not taking it so seriously. But also not giving away your power to others to effect your perspective.
That is a good point. I feel that recognising futility of life is the most important step in become apathetic to things outside one's control, as you said, we should not take things too seriously, by detaching from notions of life and death. This will make some despair and others happy (futility absolves all responsibility), or even resilient (this world is temporary, it cannot hurt me.

That is a good point. I feel that recognising futility of life is the most important step in become apathetic to things outside one's control, as you said, we should not take things too seriously, by detaching from notions of life and death. This will make some despair and others happy (futility absolves all responsibility), or even resilient (this world is temporary, it cannot hurt me.
Not quite that "the world is temp, therefore it can't hurt you." But your life is temp. You are going to get hurt and die ANYWAY. (So is everyone else too.)

The world is on a different clock or timer. Human time is short. As soom as you are born you are losing time. Tick tock! Lol.

Some might get apathy and some might live bigger. The knowledge that one day you'll be ded, crushes some folks, others it frees.

It's like folks are afraid to live. Because they are so focused on their fragility.

Nature is like a war for survival. People like to ignore they are animals fighting over carcasses. Yet we do fight over them. It's just a cleaned up, slow and very discrete fight.

We still get robbed and murdered for resources. It's just hidden and so slow that it looks like help. Fake toxic foods... Mercury in cold refreshing sodas... Vaccines that cause more problems than they "prevent." Hospitals where they kill you. Laws that rob you.

The vicious war of nature is covered with fakeup! So now it looks pretty.

Anyway, it's about reclaiming your power. Control of your "dash" on your own terms. It's all temp. So enjoy it, but don't think it will last. Nothing does.
For example:
I could live "bigger" and take more risks, if i am willing to take the responsibility and potential loss if i fail.

But since my life is relatively comfortable now, i don't risk my future discomfort because the risk/ reward ratio sucks. OR, the (potential) fail rate is too high. Meaning, if i fail, i fail more than the win. Or to put it another way. The win would be too temporary.

That's one reason the world is so sneaky and twisted! So the dudes that rob and kill you for your resources are hidden behind many layers of camouflage. Was it the poison soda? Or the poison pills? Was it the law that disarmed you so a imported weaponized immigrant can kill you for your wallet? Or the immigrant themselves? Theirs no easy blame to point at.
except for jews behind all those fronts. Rubbing their hands as a goy dies.
All war is based on deception - the art of war - sun tzu.

Last edited:
Not quite that "the world is temp, therefore it can't hurt you." But your life is temp. You are going to get hurt and die ANYWAY. (So is everyone else too.)

The world is on a different clock or timer. Human time is short. As soom as you are born you are losing time. Tick tock! Lol.

Some might get apathy and some might live bigger. The knowledge that one day you'll be ded, crushes some folks, others it frees.

It's like folks are afraid to live. Because they are so focused on their fragility.

Nature is like a war for survival. People like to ignore they are animals fighting over carcasses. Yet we do fight over them. It's just a cleaned up, slow and very discrete fight.

We still get robbed and murdered for resources. It's just hidden and so slow that it looks like help. Fake toxic foods... Mercury in cold refreshing sodas... Vaccines that cause more problems than they "prevent." Hospitals where they kill you. Laws that rob you.

The vicious war of nature is covered with fakeup! So now it looks pretty.

Anyway, it's about reclaiming your power. Control of your "dash" on your own terms. It's all temp. So enjoy it, but don't think it will last. Nothing does.
For example:
I could live "bigger" and take more risks, if i am willing to take the responsibility and potential loss if i fail.

But since my life is relatively comfortable now, i don't risk my future discomfort because the risk/ reward ratio sucks. OR, the (potential) fail rate is too high. Meaning, if i fail, i fail more than the win. Or to put it another way. The win would be too temporary.

That's one reason the world is so sneaky and twisted! So the dudes that rob and kill you for your resources are hidden behind many layers of camouflage. Was it the poison soda? Or the poison pills? Was it the law that disarmed you so a imported weaponized immigrant can kill you for your wallet? Or the immigrant themselves? Theirs no easy blame to point at.
except for jews behind all those fronts. Rubbing their hands as a goy dies.
All war is based on deception - the art of war - sun tzu.
Well said, although I have no interest in control of my life, instead I will be apathetic and detached to it and to the lives of others, to avoid grief. Trying to take control leads to investment, which leads to grief

Jfl at trying to escape human nature. It’s like trying to escape wanting to be with a foid. It won’t work. ITS BIOLOGY.

Well I don't believe we can choose to feel about something easily cause I don't think we can control our feelings 100%.

Also, choosing to feel nothing is choosing to feel something, which is nothing in this case. And when we do that, nothing can hurt us. It's true. Nothingness can hurt us, in many ways.

I think of it like having money only and having debt only. With money, your wealth has + plus sign. Which means you're safe, perhaps happy, etc. You have reasons to enjoy life. But with debt, you have to think how to change your wealth sign from (-) into (+). You have reasons to do anything to make that into realization. And if you have money, the more you approach (-) sign, the more stressed you are.

But if you don't have money nor debt, you stand on middle ground. This would feel ideas but it can hurt as well. You have to think how to stay in that position, try it to fall into (-) sign (rope, rape, go ER, stressed, destroy body from drinking, etc), and try to cope of not being able to get into (+) sign (get girls, be models, get accepted, not bullied, have friends, etc).

A place located between (-) and (+) is 0. A very thin place you choose to stand on. You have to sustain that position for the rest of your life, if you choose nothingness. It's hard cause it'd be filled with uncertainties. You wouldn't be ready and would be surprised if wind blows you left or right, moving your position.

Choosing nothing also gives you no reason to whether be alive nor dead. It gives you no purpose in life and emptiness day by day. I don't know about you but if it even hurts me that no girl want to come to my empty heart and fill it with love, it would hurt as well having nothing and no desire in life

Only more reasons to go ER :feelsLSD:

Well said, although I have no interest in control of my life, instead I will be apathetic and detached to it and to the lives of others, to avoid grief. Trying to take control leads to investment, which leads to grief
Yeah. That's what i do. It's easier for sure.

Stoicism would be a great cope, but unfortunately, most of us live in societies where we are constantly exposed to the things that make us sad and angry. We cannot escape society and establish an empty, sterile mindset.

How do I detach myself?
Higher purpose like passion for religion, country or something else, that is more important than anything in the world to you.
alternatively
pure apathy, disregarding feelings because you know that only pain awaits you, and being numb is better

Higher purpose like passion for religion, country or something else, that is more important than anything in the world to you.
alternatively
pure apathy, disregarding feelings because you know that only pain awaits you, and being numb is better
So I pretty much lose my individuality?

yes, along with your passions and desires.
That's some serious coping, buddy boyo
full

That's some serious coping, buddy boyo
full
everything between life and death is cope, people coping with their mortality. Some copes are better than others