Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious stemmaxxing is a meme

undergroundcel

undergroundcel

Banned
-
Apart from your first job employers don't give a fuck about your skills or degree or whatever, that's just shit to put on your resume so you don't get filtered. Once you pass that stage employers look for problem solving skills and people skills. When you do interviews they don't ask about all the shit you learned that you'll never use, they ask stuff like "Tell me about a time you've worked with a team on a project and someone didn't pull their own weight" or "Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss and how did you resolve it". They want to get to know you in the short time you are there, to make sure you can work in a team and can be relied on, not that you know applied linear models or actuarial financial mathematics. I, and I'd image many others here, don't have examples of these situations with positive outcomes you can tell an employer to sell yourself. Even if you somehow land the job you have to work in a "woke" environment with a team full of normals. it never ends

Yeah the interviews are pure bullshit. There are companies that ask you technical questions/test your technical knowledge during interviews ... but those are the 2nd stage interviews that come AFTER you've passed the HR bullshit.

So being proficient/smart/hard working won't help you. It's all looks and social skills to pass HR's interviews. (or nepotism)

Never thought about doing that

i'm convinced "real world" college majors - engineering, business, law, medicine - do not prepare you for the real world outside of fundamentals / "how to think or work as a team"

I hear it all the time from businessmen, engineers, doctors, lawyers - that you have to "learn on your feet" and that the degree alone is inadequate.
Yeah the interviews are pure bullshit. There are companies that ask you technical questions/test your technical knowledge during interviews ... but those are the 2nd stage interviews that come AFTER you've passed the HR bullshit.

So being proficient/smart/hard working won't help you. It's all looks and social skills to pass HR's interviews. (or nepotism)
Yes. You come to that brutal realization during interviews how success is not based on skills, but based on being attractive / being a fun person to be around, as well as nepotism.

Last edited:
i'm convinced "real world" college majors - engineering, business, law, medicine - do not prepare you for the real world outside of fundamentals / "how to think or work as a team"

I hear it all the time from businessmen, engineers, doctors, lawyers - that you have to "learn on your feet" and that the degree alone is inadequate.
The degree is A requirement, not the only requirement like you point out. Every engineer i've ever talked to told me the learning doesn't stop after college.

Even in STEM companies the extroverts dominate, normie culture dominates. It's soul crushing. You're a nerd/introvert (or just low status/incel male), you go into a STEM field thinking it'll be like the chess club in high school, and you realize how wrong you were lmao

Even in STEM companies the extroverts dominate, normie culture dominates. It's soul crushing. You're a nerd/introvert (or just low status/incel male), you go into a STEM field thinking it'll be like the chess club in high school, and you realize how wrong you were lmao

I'm not in engineering, but I'm in another "smart person" profession and it's exactly the same.

I had a brutal physics test today absolutely mind shattering I questiom how can a human answer such questions. Good thing I'm dropping out

and you realize how wrong you were lmao
And your red-pilled, Republican days end as you realize how fucked up our society is. There's no "pulling up your bootstraps" unless you are the top of the top, either getting 4.0s or at Harvard.

you draw upon some basic concepts, but all of the specifics you cram for the test and most of the advanced stuff you learn in your latter 3 years of an undergrad you will never use in a stem job. getting the degree is only required for two reasons, one because it is so common it is an easy way to filter, and two because it shows you can commit to something and they think you will develop other skills (ie teamwork, leadership, presenting, and indoctrination).

when they say you "learn on your feet" it is in part because you never use the shit you learned and in part because what you will be facing in a stem job is people problems and real world problem solving, not solving that giant linear algebra formula or whatever. this is why they value social skills so much, and why it is so harder for people like me, and i presume most people here, to get into stem.

I had a brutal physics test today absolutely mind shattering I questiom how can a human answer such questions. Good thing I'm dropping out
I don't know how far you are in college, but if you are in the beginning stages of your major, don't

At the very least, 24 hour rule. You are frazzled, upset, angry; wait till youre relaxed and can think more clearly.

My freshman roommate was an engineer who got a 40% on his first physics exam and a 20% on his final. He still graduated cum laude as an engineer; they are intentionally trying to get rid of people who can't take stress, because engineering can be stressful.

when they say you "learn on your feet" it is in part because you never use the shit you learned and in part because what you will be facing in a stem job is people problems and real world problem solving, not solving that giant linear algebra formula or whatever. this is why they value social skills so much, and why it is so harder for people like me, and i presume most people here, to get into stem.

yeah. In my profession btw it's exactly the same.

Last edited:
I don't know how far you are in college, but if you are in the beginning stages of your major, don't

At the very least, 24 hour rule. You are frazzled, upset, angry; wait till youre relaxed and can think more clearly.

My freshman roommate was an engineer who got a 40% on his first physics exam and a 20% on his final. He still graduated cum laude as an engineer; they are intentionally trying to get rid of people who can't take stress, because engineering can be stressful.

yeah. In my profession btw it's exactly the same.
Nah It's not like that

and I thought HR culture was only a local thing jfl fucking over

and I thought HR culture was only a local thing jfl fucking over
It has taken over the entirety of the western world, not even stem fields are safe

In fact the silicon valley stem fields are the fucking worst, all the nerds and introverts got bullied like crazy into acting like extroverts

It has taken over the entirety of the western world, not even stem fields are safe

In fact the silicon valley stem fields are the fucking worst, all the nerds and introverts got bullied like crazy into acting like extroverts
maybe asia is the way to go, they don't seen to do that shit that (but they expect you to be a slave tho)

maybe asia is the way to go, they don't seen to do that shit that (but they expect you to be a slave tho)
Japan's work culture is just as bad. The office politics are just different.

In the west you have to smile like a retard and attend all the HR "optional" team building activities if you don't want to get fired

In japan you can only leave after your boss is gone or you have to work overtime by default and go to the bar with everyone after work

Photo 2019 08 01 21 41 34

Apart from your first job employers don't give a fuck about your skills or degree or whatever, that's just shit to put on your resume so you don't get filtered. Once you pass that stage employers look for problem solving skills and people skills. When you do interviews they don't ask about all the shit you learned that you'll never use, they ask stuff like "Tell me about a time you've worked with a team on a project and someone didn't pull their own weight" or "Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss and how did you resolve it". They want to get to know you in the short time you are there, to make sure you can work in a team and can be relied on, not that you know applied linear models or actuarial financial mathematics. I, and I'd image many others here, don't have examples of these situations with positive outcomes you can tell an employer to sell yourself. Even if you somehow land the job you have to work in a "woke" environment with a team full of normals. it never ends
It's all stupid really. Almost as if what was the point in applying the skills if I'm going to be working with a team of others who I know can't compete with me be retards. Companies are literally the same thing from school to college.

Japan's work culture is just as bad. The office politics are just different.

In the west you have to smile like a retard and attend all the HR "optional" team building activities if you don't want to get fired

In japan you can only leave after your boss is gone or you have to work overtime by default and go to the bar with everyone after work

View attachment 280805
Hell on earth

You do you man, just make sure you know what you are doing.
I have been doing it for a year and it was the final test of this year. I'm going to learn being an electrician instead.