Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

STATISTICS FOR SOCIAL SCIENCES, ESPECIALLY TO READ BOOKS & PAPERS ON EVOLUTIONARY & BEHAVIOURAL PSYCHOLOGY

B

biomarxist

Recruit
★★
As the title says, how much statistics should I know to read blackpill related studies and help me identify bullshit arguments or findings? Share good resources that have helped you bros.

The incel wiki is full of what you're looking for.

I think @WorthlessSlavicShit or GeckoBus might be able to help you with this

The incel wiki is full of what you're looking for.
I think @WorthlessSlavicShit or GeckoBus might be able to help you with this
Seconding the Scientific Blackpill page on incels.wiki. Definitely recommend looking at it, also stuff on r/BlackPillScience and, as I sometimes do, try randomly looking for stuff at Google Scholar.

Seconding the Scientific Blackpill page on incels.wiki. Definitely recommend looking at it, also stuff on r/BlackPillScience and, as I sometimes do, try randomly looking for stuff at Google Scholar.
how do identify bs studies or studies that try to lie with statistics?

how do identify bs studies or studies that try to lie with statistics?
Tbh, those who try to lie and squish their results to say something they don't usually make it rather obvious.

You can look for example at this study, not the one in the title, that was just quoted by them, but the actual study there:

That one, where the researchers found associations between attractiveness as rated by others, by self, and the mental health of a person. Basically, if others think you're ugly, you will too and that will cause you mental problems. Well, they found that convincing people that they aren't ugly does alleviate their mental problems and make them feel better, but no matter how deep I looked into that study, I couldn't find any mention of the attractiveness as rated by others being any different because the person believed that he or she is better looking now:feelshaha:.

Also, I'm pretty sure that there are probably Youtube videos on spotting lies done by misrepresenting statistics, so you could check that out as well:feelsokman:.

Tbh, those who try to lie and squish their results to say something they don't usually make it rather obvious.

You can look for example at this study, not the one in the title, that was just quoted by them, but the actual study there:

That one, where the researchers found associations between attractiveness as rated by others, by self, and the mental health of a person. Basically, if others think you're ugly, you will too and that will cause you mental problems. Well, they found that convincing people that they aren't ugly does alleviate their mental problems and make them feel better, but no matter how deep I looked into that study, I couldn't find any mention of the attractiveness as rated by others being any different because the person believed that he or she is better looking now:feelshaha:.

Also, I'm pretty sure that there are probably Youtube videos on spotting lies done by misrepresenting statistics, so you could check that out as well:feelsokman:.
well, thanks for the heads uo m8

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back