Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Spiritual/existential moods

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
Do you get these often? I often think about existential subjects, but that's not what I'm talking about now, I'm referring to the actual mood, the emotions.

Sometimes I get these feelings of transcendence, feeling like this life is short and fleeting, that I'm part of the universe etc... It's hard to describe it, it's just such a huge array of feelings and they're so confusing, but it's incredible to experience. And because I'm so egoistical it sometimes feel like I'm a god experiencing self-inflicted suffering just to understand how a limited human life feels. Weird cause I also experienced ego death when tripping a few times, and I still returned to this selfish state. It just feels so nice, like this world is just a game and an illusion and we are to return to a different state eventually. It's like my own brand of spirituality or religion, and even though I don't really believe in it, letting myself experience these stupid beliefs for a few moments is very nice and warm.

Unfortunately all of these moods I get when I'm sober, since I haven't had access to weed or anything in years and years, nor that I could afford them anymore. Maybe one day...

When I get these feelings I stop being an atheist for a few moments. It's pretty nice. Feels so peaceful.

At a certain point I realized that I get these feelings when I'm emptying my head of thoughts. It's a tranquil state, but it's not an intelligent or rational one.

Do not overestimate rationality of human mind

I almost never feel spiritual. In fact I can only remember one time in my life that I felt any degree of spirituality- when I was very sick, bedridden, and in pain. I think it's interesting, but perhaps unsurprising, that it was only in my weakest moment that my mind began to behave spiritually. But even that was limited to the transient feeling that there must be a cosmic order which must explain my suffering, and the feeling went away shortly after I had experienced it.

I've also never felt transcendent- neither in the relgious nor the philosophical sense.
and even though I don't really believe in it, letting myself experience these stupid beliefs for a few moments is very nice and warm.
True, even though during my episode of spirituality I was fully aware of its purpose as a coping mechanism, it was still an effective cope. After that I found it easier to understand relgious people. Previously, I could not understand whatsoever why people would continue to believe in such things, but now I realize relgion's purpose as a tool for people to deal with death-related, existential, or metaphysical anxiety. I still think relgion is unappealing, though, and not as effective as other copes.

All the time. Sometimes I'm too tired to get myself into it though. It kind of feels like I/m just a shell sometimes.

That feeling you described is why i named my alt Mystic.

I had many events one would call spiritual in my life. I refuse to believe they have any meaning or something special. It's just my body and mind playing tricks on me. Spiritualism is one of the most effective self-deluding cope mechanisms I ever encountered.