Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Sometimes I get these strokes of confidence

janoycresva

janoycresva

hey
-
I hope this isn't taken as bragging but despite my ugly face, I am much more physically well built than a lot of the guys in Uni. This is from years of gymceling to compensate for the destruction that acne and the scars caused to my face. So, say I walk by a mirror where the lighting is set to a point where my acne scars aren't visible, for a minute or two, I'll see myself and say "I look good" (because I see myself without the scars and forget about them for a few minutes). Then I'll proceed to walk around the dining hall feeling good about myself, however, even in these short strokes of confidence... if I'm forced to talk to a woman, I legit freeze up and start acting autistic no matter how confident I was in myself just minutes ago.

never trust a mirror

9433.jpg

I have bipolar so there’s some days I’ll feel really great about myself. It always come back down a million times harder though. My self esteem is mostly crushed from rejection and ostracization anyway tbh.

you would be good if you didn't have scars

dude sh0rt guys are more c0nfident and g0 gym :soy::soy::soy:

you would be good if you didn't have scars
yes basically, you ever get that though man, you'll walk past a place with good lighting and see yourself without scars?

only to have your confidence crushed seconds later when you see yourself in a car mirror or some shit.

Keep the confidence in the conversation.

yes basically, you ever get that though man, you'll walk past a place with good lighting and see yourself without scars?

only to have your confidence crushed seconds later when you see yourself in a car mirror or some shit.
i need glasses but almost never wear them. so ill look in the mirror without them usually and will think my scars aren't too bad. then one day ill randomly wear my glasses and ill look at my scars and feel sick.

i need glasses but almost never wear them. so ill look in the mirror without them usually and will think my scars aren't too bad. then one day ill randomly wear my glasses and ill look at my scars and feel sick.
Yeah I do the same, I only wear glasses when driving. I've learned to function without them even though my vision isn't very good. Glasses are suifuel for acnescarcels.

Yeah I do the same, I only wear glasses when driving. I've learned to function without them even though my vision isn't very good. Glasses are suifuel for acnescarcels.
same i need them to drive too. i have like 60/20 vision i think

Other people probably don't give your scars much consideration. I remember dealing with an acne scarred man , and i certainly remember his scars, but when i looked at him i saw all his features as whole, whereas an individual with insecurities like yours tends to focus on his insecurities while missing the 'big picture.'

The less of my face I am able to see, the more confident I am

Same thing with me and my acne scars, when I'm looking close to a mirror and under a certain angle I will see my face as if it was clear.
But later when I accidentally see my face on a mirror outside or turn my phone camera on I will see all my scars.