Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Socioeconomic upbringing poll

What was your family environment like growing up?

• Upper or upper-middle class/ parents healthy environment

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Upper or upper-middle class/ overbearing insanely strict tiger parents

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Upper or upper-middle class/ broken family, single-mom, dysfunctional/neglectful

• Middle class parents/ parents healthy environment

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Middle class parents/ overbearing insanely strict tiger parents

• Middle class parents/ broken family, single-mom, dysfunctional/neglectful

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Poor or working or lower-middle class/ parents healthy environment

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Poor or working or lower-middle class/ overbearing insanely strict tiger parents

• Poor or working or lower-middle class/ broken family, single-mom, dysfunctional/neglectful

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • other/ raised in a cult / foster system/ etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
SlayerSlayer

SlayerSlayer

The Satoru Iwata of incels.is
★★★★★
Middle class parents/ overbearing insanely strict tiger parents.

I come from that background, how about you?

If you aren't sure what socioeconomic class you belonged to growing up, and you are a burgercel, it might be helpful to refer to this site, because location matters:

If you are under middle income, you are lower-middle class. If you are above upper income but below the top 1-2% you are upper-middle class

Last edited:
middle class, broken family with neglectful parents and an alcoholic father

Middle class with both parents but my family was still broken since my father was abusive

Was raised in a barn by wolves until teen years.

Then had a few years of middle class. Non cussing chriSTAIN fam.

Then i became a povertycel as dad left us for a new fam.

2nd worst one

My parents went from middle class to upper middle class. But being upper middle class doesn't really help if your parents dont spend the money and instead waste it on some stupid religion. I was frequently fashion mogged by broke chads. My parents distrust investing for some reason, I told them to invest in UAL 2 months ago, but they didnt and now its 2 times its value.

Middle class parents/ broken family, dysfunctional

Lower-middle class. My parents divorced when I was a small child. Since then, I switched home between them, but I mostly lived with my mother.

Parents divorced when I was 7. Poor family.

Although this is a tiny sample, you get the sense socioeconomic background or upbringing has no effect no inceldom. There are incels at every income level and every sort of family situation. The only thing that matters is bones.

Upper class with divorced parents

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back