Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Society's need for religion

I

incel4life

Captain
I think most incels agree that the rise of inceldom was triggered by the decline of religion, but not all incels agree that the solution is to bring religion back. Some think, as Nietzsche did, that religion is not necessary, that religion can be replaced by philosophy. But there are a couple of problems with this:

1) Philosophy is more difficult than religion. Philosophy requires critical thinking to derive rules for how to behave, whereas religion is just memorizing rules for how to behave "because God says so". The average person does not have the time to learn the philosophy required to understand why chastity is necessary for society, which is unfortunate because in order society to function everyone needs to behave, not just philosophers. But if you tell people "you will go to hell if you commit fornication", that is a much easier way of getting them to behave.

Galen the Physician recognized in the 2nd century that Christians behaved just like competent philosophers:

Galen, the physician, in his book in which he comments on the treatise of Plato on the art of government,(176) says that the fundamental principles of religion have a great influence upon a perfect civilization because “the multitude cannot understand the connection of explanatory words; so it has need of symbolical words announcing the rewards and punishments of the other world; and that which proves the truth of this affirmation,” he says, “is that today we see a people called Christians who believe in rewards and punishments; and this sect show forth beautiful actions like those which a true philosopher performs. So we all see clearly that they do not fear death, that they expect and desire nothing from the multitude but justice and equity, and they are considered as true philosophers.”

Now observe what was the degree of the sincerity, the zeal, the spiritual feeling, the obligation of friendship, and the good actions of a believer in Christ, so that Galen, the philosophical physician, although he was not of the Christian religion, should yet bear witness to the good morals and the perfections of these people, to the point of saying that they were true philosophers. -Abdul Baha

2) Philosophy hasn't worked so far. With all the manpower and funding that university professors get, none of them have figured out what the religious leaders have been saying for thousands of years: That female chastity is important. Philosophers are incompetent when it comes to making rules for how society should function, whereas prophets of religions such as Christianity and Islam were not - they knew what they were doing, and there are the Renaissance, the Enlightenment, and the Golden Age of Islam to prove it.

We just need manliness.

I’m atheist but I do agree that secularism leads to degeneracy. I don’t believe in god but I believe in religious values and there is valuable lessons that can be learned from religions.

It also keeps people in control. There’s no tool more effective to control the masses than fear and nothing inspires fear like burning in hell for all of eternity. The person who came up with the idea of religion was a genius tbh.

we need more test. both philosophy and religion come autistic pattern seeking

Religious societies are necessary to thwart the pitfalls of nihilism

This is a non-answer.

This exactly is the answer. The manliness of this world is fading away. There is no willpower, there is no real male role model, there is no real leadership. It is all cucked, influenced by a feminine character. The solution to it is quite easy and simple and yet currently not applicable due to its feminine vicious circle: Manliness.