Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Social media and ranking based apps destroyed more than online dating. Unless you're the best in the world at X, you're garbage

mylifeistrash

mylifeistrash

Banned
-
Let's say you were really good at X skill. Maybe the best out of 1000 men which is really damn good.
Now thanks to youtube, insta, etc. people seach that skill and men casually being good at it will pop-up. Men who are the best out of maybe 100,000.
So even though you're elite level, you're going to think you're dog shit.

Another example:

15 years ago, an executive with a $200,000 year income was impressive. But now every woman sees billionaires flexing on instagram. So now it's poverty level in a woman's eyes.

Just dumb shit like that that gradually destroys men's minds.

I remember a thread very similar to this one tbh.
The message still holds true though

Yep, and everyone is waiting until they can have an interaction with a best out of 100,000, and are willing to wait forever if need be.

I wonder if the people who made dating app technology assumed that it would just make it easier for people to looks-match by increasing the amount of looks-matches you are made aware of. Maybe they actually thought 5/10 women would be matching with 5/10 men equally as much, and 6/10 would be matching with 6/10, and 8/10 would be matching with 8/10 and so on. Is it possible that these people didn't think ALL women regardless of their looks, would be only selecting 8/10 and above?

Remember the people making this technology are all progressive leftists in leftist echo-chambers who claim MEN and WOMEN are EXACTLY THE SAME. Is it at all possible that they didn't expect these consequences?

Or did they know all along, and knew this would happen, and the leftist making the technology are extreme cucks who wanted this to happen, as they get off at the fact of Chads fucking all of the women?

Yep, and everyone is waiting until they can have an interaction with a best out of 100,000, and are willing to wait forever if need be.

I wonder if the people who made dating app technology assumed that it would just make it easier for people to looks-match by increasing the amount of looks-matches you are made aware of. Maybe they actually thought 5/10 women would be matching with 5/10 men equally as much, and 6/10 would be matching with 6/10, and 8/10 would be matching with 8/10 and so on. Is it possible that these people didn't think ALL women regardless of their looks, would be only selecting 8/10 and above?

Remember the people making this technology are all progressive leftists in leftist echo-chambers who claim MEN and WOMEN are EXACTLY THE SAME. Is it at all possible that they didn't expect these consequences?

Or did they know all along, and knew this would happen, and the leftist making the technology are extreme cucks who wanted this to happen, as they get off at the fact of Chads fucking all of the women?

it was IAC who owned okcupid, owned match, etc.

they had an experimental division who made tinder, then it took off

but even without tinder instagram would have taken its place

it was going to happen sooner or later no matter what

I’ve heard normies say tinder was easier for men back in 2013-2015 :feelshehe:

it was IAC who owned okcupid, owned match, etc.

they had an experimental division who made tinder, then it took off

but even without tinder instagram would have taken its place

it was going to happen sooner or later no matter what
it was pretty much inevitable that technology would turn the world into a giant airport where people do sex tourism, spread ebola globally, etc

Social media and dating apps have a synergizing effect, they're worst together than alone.

But yeah even outside of dating, back in the day it was way easier to impress people. Brb juggling with 5 balls and you were the cool guy 50 years ago. Now guys on social media are juggling with 10 dangerous objects while riding a unicycle. (it's a metaphor, apply to every hobby)

Yeah I think I made a thread about this either on here or looksmax, but the concept of "local celebrities" has become a thing of the past. Long ago, if you were the best athlete in a particular sport in your local area, eventually a significant number of people in your area would know who you were. Let's say 100 years ago you were the greatest amateur boxer in Wyoming with a lengthy and impressive record. You'd become well known in your state and you could have possibly been able to get a gf/wife based on that even if you were ugly.

Now fast forward to 2019, and if you were the greatest boxer in Wyoming, nobody would care. Even boxing fanatics wouldn't care. You could make a highlight reel of your best knockouts and post it on social media, and few would watch it. And the only comments would be along the lines of "LOL!! This loser wouldn't last 10 seconds in the ring with Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury." Hell, for all we know, the greatest boxer in Wyoming could be a KHHV truecel.

And now, even "national celebrities" are becoming a thing of the past. If you were the greatest boxer in let's say, Canada, but you didn't have any internationally recognized boxing titles, it's possible that nobody would care and anyone who sees your matches would be unimpressed and compare you (unfavorably) to Wilder, Fury, et al. Due to the abundance of videos on social media, we're bombarded with clips of the best of the best. You could see clips of someone who was, let's say the 50th best on the planet, be completely unimpressed, yawn, and continue flipping through instagram.

TL;DR: Just like power and wealth has been consolidating around a smaller and smaller number of megacorps, the same has been happening with status for men. Social media/the internet has done to "local celebrities" what megacorps have done to "mom and pop shops".

This is why I laugh whenever I see zoomers talking about "statusmaxxing" here or on looksmax. If you're an ugly incel who thinks he can "statusmaxx" his way out of inceldom, you're either a clueless aspie with no idea of how the world works, or just hopelessly delusional about your own ability/potential.

Last edited:
Now there's a question how we're supposed to compete in this kind of environment, and here looks come into play. You don't have to be best of the best, just be good looking. But what if you're not best of the best and ugly as well? Welcome to this site then.

This is why I laugh whenever I see zoomers talking about "statusmaxxing" here or on looksmax. If you're an ugly incel who thinks he can "statusmaxx" his way out of inceldom, you're either a clueless aspie with no idea of how the world works, or just hopelessly delusional about your own ability/potential.

You explained it perfectly. You have a better chance of being very rich or a chad 100 times over than being the best at X sport/skill because to be well known for being the top implies you're the elite of the elite of the elite.

Even if you did have status, what is status to a woman who can go on any social media app and have an army of followers within a day?
Now there's a question how we're supposed to compete in this kind of environment, and here looks come into play. You don't have to be best of the best, just be good looking. But what if you're not best of the best and ugly as well? Welcome to this site then.

I was just talking about general hobbies / skill for men who wanted to be good at something just to cope.

I can't even cope knowing that no matter how good I'll get, I'll always be shit in everyone's eyes.

Even if I become an expert at some random ass hobby, like building chairs, if I post it on social media, everyone will say how it's shit compared to the best chair builders.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back