Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Social Isolation

Eternal Observer

Eternal Observer

Spectral Entity
★★★
When i was a kid, i had friends that i would regularly hang out with. Overall, I was pretty normal. It wasn't until middle school that i noticed a drop in social interactions between me and others. Some of my friends had gone to different schools, others i just didn't have any classes with. Middle school was also where sexual selection began to sink its claws into females, and i noticed i wasnt selected by them. In fact, i would be made fun of by them and the more sexually successful guys because of how i looked. Leading into high school, this caused me great amounts of anxiety and grief, as i'd obviously liked quite a few girls by then. I also had some domestic shit going on at home that added to my negative experience. I noticed that getting a job would suck at first but would make me happier long-term since i could afford to pay for things i wanted with my own cash. Other than this, i wouldnt leave the house. The few friends i'd had would stop contacting me after a while, and i pretty much became a full-time recluse, especially after losing my job. Fast forward to today and i literally dont leave the house unless it's to walk to this corner store right outside the neighborhood. Not having a license or car also pretty much dashes any hopes of meeting to hang out with people.

The social isolation, which i've grown to accept as routine does take it's toll on my mental health. For example, i know that getting out of the house and maybe seeking another job would be ideal for alleviating some of the symptoms but i just can't do it. It feels like something inside of me has been completely snuffed out, crushed, destroyed. I can't explain it clearly in words. The closest thing i can compare it to is having no soul. I am cold and analytical, but apparently very lazy as well. I know what must be done, but something keeps my body from moving. Perhaps i've adopted helplessness as a trait subconsciously, as i always seem to fall back to it. I would love to get over it. I would love to get to a place where i don't have to vent on this god forsaken website for the angry, rejected and dispirited. I guess i just dont see a way out currently.

Not having a license or car

And another one who is suffering from the driver licence pill.

For example, i know that getting out of the house and maybe seeking another job would be ideal for alleviating some of the symptoms but i just can't do it.

It is even tough to find a new job. So, that will be your first obstacle.

It feels like something inside of me has been completely snuffed out, crushed, destroyed. I can't explain it clearly in words.

I kinda know what you are talking about. It is the constant feeling of having lost and it will not go away, not entirely.

Last edited:
I was never popular but high school destroyed me. We are forced to suffer day after day and nobody cares. There is nothing we can do which is the worst part of it.

And another one who is suffering from the driver licence pill.

It is even tough to find a new job. So, that will be your first obstacle.

I kinda know what yo uare talking about. It is the constant feeling of having lost and it will not go away, not entirely.
Thanks for understanding
I was never popular but high school destroyed me. We are forced to suffer day after day and nobody cares. There is nothing we can do which is the worst part of it.
Yet they love to act so suprised when one of us flies off the deep end and picks up a firearm.

I have the same childhood story as you. My excuse is that my dad won’t let me go outside (i’m 20) ergo my already very low chance of socialization is now 0%. Is it even possible to socialize as an adult if you don’t have a job, go to a school, or have a specific hobby? It’s so over for us.

I have the same childhood story as you. My excuse is that my dad won’t let me go outside (i’m 20) ergo my already very low chance of socialization is now 0%. Is it even possible to socialize as an adult if you don’t have a job, go to a school, or have a specific hobby? It’s so over for us.
Wow that's borderline abuse. I understand though man, im 21 and cannot go to school currently either. It just puts this black hole in your heart that eats away at any and all things that are happy.

I'm currently 35+, I've sort isolated myself socially back when I started college and it's just a way of life for me now. I figured it was easier and less stressful to try and make friends but then get bullied instead of just hiding.

I'm currently 35+, I've sort isolated myself socially back when I started college and it's just a way of life for me now. I figured it was easier and less stressful to try and make friends but then get bullied instead of just hiding.
I think you just said something interesting. Do you advise that i try to branch out socially, in spite of my circumstances?
:feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:

A topic I've been reading about for a while now, its meant to be really bad for our health which is grim... Its nice to relate to somebody else who is also a completely isolated NEET, I feel almost exactly the same as you and the only time I go outside is to get groceries which I fucking HATE doing.

I haven't ever had more than 2/3 friends while at school/university which all just drifted apart and the last one ghosted me and by chance we bumped into each other 6 months ago in the street randomly and he tried to restore the friendship but I re-ghosted him! Its for the best, too much shame with my current situation to have any ties to anyone.

When my father behave shitty, I don't pay for the Internet in time to tease his Internet dependency at least for half of a day.

I think you just said something interesting. Do you advise that i try to branch out socially, in spite of my circumstances?

:feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:
depends on how old you. If you're under 25, there is a chance. Many are your peers are still single and despite what many on this site say and think I believe that many people under 30 on this site will eventually find someone. Someone like me truly is just killing time until death. But there is potential for many here including you.

A topic I've been reading about for a while now, its meant to be really bad for our health which is grim... Its nice to relate to somebody else who is also a completely isolated NEET, I feel almost exactly the same as you and the only time I go outside is to get groceries which I fucking HATE doing.

I haven't ever had more than 2/3 friends while at school/university which all just drifted apart and the last one ghosted me and by chance we bumped into each other 6 months ago in the street randomly and he tried to restore the friendship but I re-ghosted him! Its for the best, too much shame with my current situation to have any ties to anyone.
I too have read that this is meant to be detrimental to our health. I honestly don't feel stressed or anxious by it at all, I've become so lost in escapism I only partly feel grounded in this world. Though I'm sure it's taking its toll on me without me noticing.
depends on how old you. If you're under 25, there is a chance. Many are your peers are still single and despite what many on this site say and think I believe that many people under 30 on this site will eventually find someone. Someone like me truly is just killing time until death. But there is potential for many here including you.
tfw 24, should I try and turbo tryhard before it's over?

Exactly, the pressure of presenting someone the details of your failed life just makes you less likely to want to interact with them. We live in such a bullshit negativity loop, but i hope you will find a way out brother
I really appreciate that man :feelsokman: im 21 but users like you help me retain some kind of hope in these sad times
When my father behave shitty, I don't pay for the Internet in time to tease his Internet dependency at least for half of a day.
Thats pretty funny, but dont get your ass kicked out of the house bro

It feels like something inside of me has been completely snuffed out, crushed, destroyed. I can't explain it clearly in words. The closest thing i can compare it to is having no soul. I am cold and analytical, but apparently very lazy as well. I know what must be done, but something keeps my body from moving. Perhaps i've adopted helplessness as a trait subconsciously, as i always seem to fall back to it.

Finally someone has articulated the feelings I've felt for the last 7 years.

You’re 20, you’re a grown ass man. What do you mean you can’t go outside? Lmao

You’re 20, you’re a grown ass man. What do you mean you can’t go outside? Lmao

He’ll kick me out if I go against his ruleset. I cannot handle being homeless.:feelsrope::feelsrope:

The trick is to find people with similar interests to befriend.

Since I'm peerless, i must resort to aa.

Because i can pass as an alcoholic!