Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious So where the hell do you invest money?

I

IncelGenocide

Banned
-
I keep hearing this "just invest million dollars and live off it for rest of your life brah" meme all over again.

Can someone, for once, precisely tell me, where the hell would you invest a million dollars to get the rest of your life an automatic salary of it.

JFL 1 million dollars is not nearly enough to invest nor live off for the rest of your life in 2019. Maybe if this was the 1900s we were talking about...

JFL 1 million dollars is not nearly enough to invest nor live off for the rest of your life in 2019. Maybe if this was the 1900s we were talking about...

So, it is another bullshit meme? FUCK THIS LIFE

find a investment company, trown a 150k there, the investors there are going to the rest of the job for you

find a investment company, trown a 150k there, the investors there are going to the rest of the job for you
This is bullshit. And what will they magically do with my money that will make "more money come out of air"?

If the magical "investment" doesn't beat S&P, then it is a fucking scam.

Everyone is all genius saying "just invest brah", but when you push for details suddenly crickets

It's all a scam bro', property; land ownership & investing in a technology that will take off 5-10 years later is the only investments that work & TBF you need to have the capital to start with, insider knowledge or investment backers to get anywhere.

I suppose you could try owning a custom car workshop but once again you'd better know the subject & need the money to get it rolling.

You will get no end of workshops, seminars, web entrepreneurs selling you books, episodic shit etc .. but truth is if they really had something that worked why would they share it with anyone who will listen & undermine themselves? Because the wealth comes from the pyramid of it.

So, it is another bullshit meme? FUCK THIS LIFE
You can live off of it for maybe 20 years at most. Cost of living keeps going up like crazy, government lies about inflation, interest rates are extremely low (less than 1.5-2%), bonds give you less than 2% ROR... only way to get rich/invest is through business. But if you're in Canada you're SOL because business returns are taxed twice by the government.

Only way to get rich is to have hundreds of millions of dollars and own/invest in tons of businesses, to the point where investing has virtually no risk. And you can't even take out the money you have legally from businesses, you're only rich on paper.

try bitcoin

No i dont have anywhere now tbh. but i really want. well we have lands and shit but not money

1 million is more than enough. Say you get 5% yield a year. That's 50k that you can live off.

It's all a scam bro', property; land ownership & investing in a technology that will take off 5-10 years later is the only investments that work & TBF you need to have the capital to start with, insider knowledge or investment backers to get anywhere.

I suppose you could try owning a custom car workshop but once again you'd better know the subject & need the money to get it rolling.

You will get no end of workshops, seminars, web entrepreneurs selling you books, episodic shit etc .. but truth is if they really had something that worked why would they share it with anyone who will listen & undermine themselves? Because the wealth comes from the pyramid of it.
I know nothing of cars and don't have inside knowledge.

Which technology will take off in 5-10 years?

How is that not just gambling on greater fool theory?
1 million is more than enough. Say you get 5% yield a year. That's 50k that you can live off.
So where you get this magical 5% yield a year? DETAILS?

This is bullshit. And what will they magically do with my money that will make "more money come out of air"?

If the magical "investment" doesn't beat S&P, then it is a fucking scam.

Everyone is all genius saying "just invest brah", but when you push for details suddenly crickets
the dudes generally just get all your money and spread it fin across all the stock market, if the economy is growing faster than inflation, you make profit (obviusly they take a part of it)
but if the economy crashes you are fucked

No i dont have anywhere now tbh. but i really want. well we have lands and shit but not money
Landlordcel tbh, not over for you(betabux chad fux though)

That is absolute cope. You're not taking inflation into account. Let's calculate this correctly:

5% yearly nominal rate and 3% inflation rate gives you a real rate of return of 1.942% which means you actually make $19,420 in one year from your $1m investment.

You also have to pay the government their cut. If you're in Ontario and you pull in $50k earnings, you have to pay $5267 federal tax and $2733 provincial tax.

Subtract that from $19,420 and you have $11,420 earnings a year. Which means to live at $50k/year you will BLEED $38.58k from that ONE million a year. What this means is that you will be BANKRUPT after 26 years.

That's right, you only make $11,420 PER YEAR on a ONE MILLION DOLLAR INVESTMENT at FIVE PERCENT RETURN RATE. And it's even WORSE than this because the government LIES about the inflation rate. The actual inflation rate is close to 10% per year, if you calculate it with this number you'll find out you are actually bleeding money and will be bankrupt MUCH sooner than 26 years.

LOL.

the dudes generally just get all your money and spread it fin across all the stock market, if the economy is growing faster than inflation, you make profit (obviusly they take a part of it)
but if the economy crashes you are fucked
So how is it a good investment if I'm fucked if economy crashes?

And I can buy S&P500 myself, I don't need an "big business investment company in suits" to do it. I can literally do it with a few clicks.

So...where fuck do you get stable 5% or at least fluctuating mildly? Stock market seems like a gamble, since we can just go in lost decade recession and fuckmyshitup and there goes your "annual yield salary" lol

You also have to pay the government their cut. If you're in Ontario and you pull in $50k earnings, you have to pay $5267 federal tax and $2733 provincial tax.

This is not a real problem. Only cuck normie fags pay tax and you can always move to cheap country like Thailand.

The problem is - where the fuck do you get that magical 5% constant growth eh?

This is what you need to do if you wanna slay op:

So the summary is basically - nobody knows shit past the basic platitudes that don't even work anymore?

So how is it a good investment if I'm fucked if economy crashes?

And I can buy S&P500 myself, I don't need an "big business investment company in suits" to do it. I can literally do it with a few clicks.

So...where fuck do you get stable 5% or at least fluctuating mildly? Stock market seems like a gamble, since we can just go in lost decade recession and fuckmyshitup and there goes your "annual yield salary" lol

This is not a real problem. Only cuck normie fags pay tax and you can always move to cheap country like Thailand.

The problem is - where the fuck do you get that magical 5% constant growth eh?
you don't want to invest only on the S&P500 they are safe, but their growth is slow as hell, generaly you want to also invest part of it in small companies, because they grown quicker, and the 10 year recession would fuck you anyway, and not much you can do about it.
you can keep some gold/silver reservers and use if you want to

you don't want to invest only on the S&P500 they are safe, but their growth is slow as hell, generaly you want to also invest part of it in small companies, because they grown quicker, and the 10 year recession would fuck you anyway, and not much you can do about it.
you can keep some gold/silver reservers and use if you want to
Which small companies? There are dozens of thousands of them.

Details? How do I know those "small companies" won't go bust and I lose it all?

Which small companies? There are dozens of thousands of them.

Details?
that's the point, you need to spread your money fin as possible on them all, so if one fail, the rest are still making money, the issue is that small companies are risk, so you need to spread the money thin in bove big and small, you also need to separte the investment in stocks and bonds and a bunch of other overcomplicated stuff.

there's a video that explain it better than me:

that's the point, you need to spread your money fin as possible on them all, so if one fail, the rest are still making money, the issue is that small companies are risk, so you need to spread the money thin in bove big and small, you also need to separte the investment in stocks and bonds and a bunch of other overcomplicated stuff.

there's a video that explain it better than me:

My question was - which companies do you suggest buying and why?

It doesn't make sense to me to "spread risk" when one thing makes you money, the other does not and in the result you have no gain. It makes sense to invest in things that are most likely to give you yield. So...which companies, indices or whatever else?

Youre not gonna flex op

I know nothing of cars and don't have inside knowledge.

Which technology will take off in 5-10 years?

How is that not just gambling on greater fool theory?

So where you get this magical 5% yield a year? DETAILS?

Probably cryptography or whatever, all the major banking systems will be switching to it for security eventually, A.I, electric cars, renewable energy.

My question was - which companies do you suggest buying and why?

It doesn't make sense to me to "spread risk" when one thing makes you money, the other does not and in the result you have no gain. It makes sense to invest in things that are most likely to give you yield. So...which companies, indices or whatever else?
spreading thin = low risk, slow growth
investing in only one place = high risk, rapid growth

for example you could invest in EA games, have it growing 10% a year, but out nowhere have a market crash, and it's stocks become worthless.
for otherside
if you invest in EA games and 10 plus other companies, the total growth is probaly only 5%, but once EA crashes don't affect you as much.

it's not a gamble, it's risk vs reward rule at it's greatest

Probably cryptography or whatever, all the major banking systems will be switching to it for security eventually, A.I, electric cars, renewable energy.
Specifics. What cryptography? What companies?
spreading thin = low risk, slow growth
investing in only one place = high risk, rapid growth

for example you could invest in EA games, have it growing 10% a year, but out nowhere have a market crash, and it's stocks become worthless.
for otherside
if you invest in EA games and 10 plus other companies, the total growth is probaly only 5%, but once EA crashes don't affect you as much.

it's not a gamble, it's risk vs reward rule at it's greatest
Where do I invest for stable 5% annual gain?

Specifics. What cryptography? What companies?

Where do I invest for stable 5% annual gain?
If I knew that I wouldn't be poor & even if I did it's not like I have the money to put into it in the first place. Rich ppl get richer & peasants look on.

you can put your money here, if you are a bit on the lazy end:

you can put your money here, if you are a bit on the lazy end:
What is their track record? Where do they invest and why? Do they beat S&P500?

What is their track record? Where do they invest and why? Do they beat S&P500?
invested my money there, the results are good enough, you can make more investing by yourself, but it's way too time consuming for me

invested my money there, the results are good enough, you can make more investing by yourself, but it's way too time consuming for me
Can you share their annual results for last decade after taking into account commissions? Do you have a prospect you could send me?

Based off my experience "just invest money bro" is more like "just throw money at something and get lucky, bro." Well, for the average person, at least.

Actual strategic investing requires you to have about a million in capital to begin with.

Can you share their annual results for last decade after taking into account commissions? Do you have a prospect you could send me?
i got around 150k there, every year there is a return of about 8k, not that great but good enough for me

I keep hearing this "just invest million dollars and live off it for rest of your life brah" meme all over again.

Can someone, for once, precisely tell me, where the hell would you invest a million dollars to get the rest of your life an automatic salary of it.
There is a bank that gives 12-15% interest a year. That would be enough

But i just invest in cheap good stuff and wait
I would get ether. Its at its bottom soon

i got around 150k there, every year there is a return of about 8k, not that great but good enough for me
So that is only 5.33% + you have to pay taxes on that if you are an IRS cuck.

Hmmm....I mean, it is not AWEFUL, because its passive, but for how long will they provide that? Can they manage it 30 years consecutively compounding? That is the question.

There is a bank that gives 12-15% interest a year. That would be enough

But i just invest in cheap good stuff and wait

I would get ether. Its at its bottom soon
Which is the magic bank that gives 12-15% a year? SHARE PLS

So that is only 5.33% + you have to pay taxes on that if you are an IRS cuck.

Hmmm....I mean, it is not AWEFUL, because its passive, but for how long will they provide that? Can they manage it 30 years consecutively compounding? That is the question.
being there for a long time, some years do more than that, some years do a bit less

I don't know. I've looked into investing and read a bit about it, but I'm not any closer to understanding what I'm even supposed to do. I think it's something that only people with a high IQ and a certain mindset can do successfully.

I think if I won the lottery, or became rich for whatever reason, I'd just pay someone else to manage my money rather than trying to invest it myself. It's possible that whomever I'd pay to manage my money would steal from me, but there is also a good chance I'd lose everything if I tried to manage my own money.

I don't know. I've looked into investing and read a bit about it, but I'm not any closer to understanding what I'm even supposed to do. I think it's something that only people with a high IQ and a certain mindset can do successfully.

I think if I won the lottery, or became rich for whatever reason, I'd just pay someone else to manage my money rather than trying to invest it myself. It's possible that whomever I'd pay to manage my money would steal from me, but there is also a good chance I'd lose everything if I tried to manage my own money.
How do you know whom to pay? There are plenty of scammers and bullshitters who won't beat S&P or reduce risk in comparison with S&P index investing.