Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion So... what are your living options past 30 without looking weird?

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
I feel like... past 30 or maybe 40... it of course looks weird to be in a houseshare with students, but even with professionals too?

So... where on Earth can you live. Just alone?

And why is it seen as bad to live in shares?

Society confuses me so much sometimes, at least here in the UK!

I intend to live in my mother’s house for the foreseeable future

Become a priest or a monk

Tbh at this point in my life I don't give a flying fuck! how weird I look to normies.

They're all fucking retards anyways.

It’s the most peaceful and financially smart thing we can do
Indeed.

What's the point of purchasing a multiple bedroom home, if you haven't got a foid to impregnate and start a family with?

Indeed.

What's the point of purchasing a multiple bedroom home, if you haven't got a foid to impregnate and start a family with?
Exactly. At least by staying here and living rent free basically, I can put away money once I start a job and buy a motorcycle and do more with my car hobby

Save up for a van. Its really the only option. I regret not buying one when I had money. Now I will be living in my car.

Save up for a van. Its really the only option. I regret not buying one when I had money. Now I will be living in my car.
Damn dude. Must be brutal af. Last I heard from you, you were living in an apartment. Do you have any family you could live with like parents? I’m glad I can stay in my mom’s house

Exactly. At least by staying here and living rent free basically, I can put away money once I start a job and buy a motorcycle and do more with my car hobby
Very smart move, brocel.

That's also the beauty of being blackpilled, is that you won't be wasting MONEY on stupid things.

Hm :(

Is employment hard to come by, or? I tend to find if I hand out lots of CVs to shops or call around them lots I tend to get interviews and job offers quite quickly.

I knew someone who lived in a van once. He actually owned two houses but he rented them out and used the money to travel around.

I intend to live in my mother’s house for the foreseeable future

We're supposed to judge people for things like this but I don't understand why.

It usually seems to be women judging it and I don't think they understand how much easier they have it.

Damn dude. Must be brutal af. Last I heard from you, you were living in an apartment. Do you have any family you could live with like parents? I’m glad I can stay in my mom’s house
My entitled, out of touch, boomer parents wont let me live with them; they just say the usual “just get a different job!” “just start a business” My apartment lease is up in a month and im out of options at this point.

Im going to get 5% tint on my car for privacy and maybe remove the passenger seat to see if I can sleep on that part of the floor.

I cant bring myself to spend $20,000 a year on rent anymore regardless. Its such a waste of money that I could spend on something else plus I hated my job so much that I was drowning in misery.

It seems like a lot of people are living in their cars now so its not too odd in 2024.

Very smart move, brocel.

That's also the beauty of being blackpilled, is that you won't be wasting MONEY on stupid things.
Exactly. Spending only on things that benefit you is a huge benefit

My entitled, out of touch, boomer parents wont let me live with them; they just say the usual “just get a different job!” “just start a business” My apartment lease is up in a month and im out of options at this point.
Bruh this is the typical "What? he doesn't get successful as soon as he hits 18? I'll kick him out so he toughens up haha!" Retarded attitude. Meanwhile boomers were living on easy mode, got everything they wanted and more and had a nice social life. Just retarded.

at least here in the UK!
It's very bad here for single people men in particular because you need those shared incomes from being a couple to get on the property ladder, most housing services prioritize single mothers too. After 30 not living in a normal setting makes everything a red flag and looks weird unless you're some attractive bachelor bringing home girls every week.

Last edited:

Im going to get 5% tint on my car for privacy and maybe remove the passenger seat to see if I can sleep on that part of the floor.

I cant bring myself to spend $20,000 a year on rent anymore regardless. Its such a waste of money that I could spend on something else plus I hated my job so much that I was drowning in misery.

It seems like a lot of people are living in their cars now so its not too odd in 2024.

To be honest I actually can't stand living alone. That's how I ended up with OCD.

I don't even really fully understand what it is because I'm OK in a houseshare room. I guess it helps when I have housemates around, and even a landlord or management company as it all makes me feel a bit connected to the world around me. Otherwise when the door shuts I feel really isolated.

We're supposed to judge people for things like this but I don't understand why.

It usually seems to be women judging it and I don't think they understand how much easier they have it.
I don’t judge any man for living with his parents. Sometimes, it’s the only reasonable option. And women do not realize how much easier they have it. Some of them still act like their lives are harder than men’s. Those same women that insult a man for being at his parents house will also ignore the fact they are playing the game of life in extreme easy mode with all cheats and hacks enabled

I hope you live in a state where there are no cold winters. Living in a car would be almost impossible here because you’d have to run it all night to not freeze to death, and that would use a shit ton of gas and wear the car out faster.

Bruh this is the typical "What? he doesn't get successful as soon as he hits 18? I'll kick him out so he toughens up haha!" Retarded attitude. Meanwhile boomers were living on easy mode, got everything they wanted and more and had a nice social life. Just retarded.
Boomers had the easiest lives in the history of humanity but go on about how “we had it sooo hard!”. They are fucking delusional.

Boomers could work a minimum wage job and buy a house at 18. Plus they could raise a family off a single salary while still owning a home.

I was making more than 4x min wage and fucking starving in a shitty run down apartment covered in mold. I am done with this shit. At this point I have completely given up on life.

I have no chance of ascending or having any sort of normal life. Its fucking over.

I don’t judge any man for living with his parents. Sometimes, it’s the only reasonable option. And women do not realize how much easier they have it. Some of them still act like their lives are harder than men’s. Those same women that insult a man for being at his parents house will also ignore the fact they are playing the game of life in extreme easy mode with all cheats and hacks enabled

Yeah they get a lot more romantic and sexual attention, both men and women tend to be nicer to them, men want to provide for them, and thanks to DEI they get offered more jobs and educational opportunities too.

And probably more things too.

So when you have all this being offered to you all the time it's no surprise that things just naturally work out for you a lot more easily.

I hope you live in a state where there are no cold winters. Living in a car would be almost impossible here because you’d have to run it all night to not freeze to death, and that would use a shit ton of gas and wear the car out faster.
Thats what im worried about. I wish I had a prius or car with a small engine but mine is a 6 cylinder and will probably cost $700 a month to idle. Not to mention that its 10 years old. I had a newer car that got flooded while wageslaving a 40 hour shift. It would have costed half of what im paying for gas now but sadly its gone.

Yeah they get a lot more romantic and sexual attention, both men and women tend to be nicer to them, men want to provide for them, and thanks to DEI they get offered more jobs and educational opportunities too.

And probably more things too.

So when you have all this being offered to you all the time it's no surprise that things just naturally work out for you a lot more easily.
Yep. Everything is easier for them. It extends far beyond just love and sex

Thats what im worried about. I wish I had a prius or car with a small engine but mine is a 6 cylinder and will probably cost $700 a month to idle. Not to mention that its 10 years old. I had a newer car that got flooded while wageslaving a 40 hour shift. It would have costed half of what im paying for gas now but sadly its gone.
Brutal. I hope the thing doesn’t start breaking down on you. One thing to remember if you idle it a lot is that it’s gonna need oil changes long before it hits the recommended mileage to change it at. Idling puts wear on engine oil just like driving. If you neglect oil changes, your oil will turn to sludge and not lubricate the engine properly, causing increased wear or even total engine failure.

Brutal. I hope the thing doesn’t start breaking down on you. One thing to remember if you idle it a lot is that it’s gonna need oil changes long before it hits the recommended mileage to change it at. Idling puts wear on engine oil just like driving. If you neglect oil changes, your oil will turn to sludge and not lubricate the engine properly, causing increased wear or even total engine failure.
I didnt even think of that. Thanks for the tip.

Ill have to record the engine hours and figure out how often to change it.

I didnt even think of that. Thanks for the tip.

I’ll have to record the engine hours and figure out how often to change it.
You don’t even have to record it. Regularly check the dipstick and monitor the oil color and level. If the oil gets dark, that means it’s time to change it. Or if it gets low, then add some. Here is an oil quality chart that might help you. When it gets dark brown, change it even if it’s below the mileage. You don’t wanna screw up the engine.

Oil changes are cheap. Engines aren’t

View attachment IMG_7376.webp

I reckon granny flat is the only affordable way. That or a van but I don't really like to be up early and it seems inevitable to get up early every day when you live in a van especially when you live in a hot af place like Australia

Every house share I look at online says that they want professionals living there. At 40 you're expected to be making enough money to get your own place.