Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SO I WONDER WHAT ANGELS LE CHRISTIANS BELIEVE IN

Shin no Shi

Shin no Shi

What is the Devil if not a Avatar of God
-
You see in christian mediums the depiction of Angels as being humanoid beings that are angelic in nature due to their dove like wings and perfect facial structures, with a strong hint of adorability

However, these aren't the actual depictions of angels, or maybe they are but the lower levels of the angelic rankings, however, the actual angels as told by the old testament or by those such as Ezekiel aren't actually what you would call angelic now

So to me all of this seems to be that the bible had been meddled with or something occurred to wipe the slate of these majestic angels and replace them with chibi retardation (which I have no issues with but to be disingenuous is immoral in my eyes), either to make them more fathomable than what I presented and to be consumer friendly since it seems to be that the followers would be at dismayal to assume such horror to be something godlike but funnily enough if the angels looked like this, I would have been very fond of them

What's your thoughts on this?

To add on they look similar to drawings such as ones like these

Last edited:
Bro the Catholic Church did this
They also made Jesus white with long hair, even tho he is a jew, and its a sin to have long hair as a man.

tdlr satan

To cater to more people, people resonate more to upgraded humanoid looking figures

Bro the Catholic Church did this
They also made Jesus white with long hair, even tho he is a jew, and its a sin to have long hair as a man.

tdlr satan

The Essenes had long hair, and it is theorized that Jesus was associated with that group or similar groups. John the Baptist too, hence why he is also portrayed as having long hair. As for Jesus being portrayed as "white". The Jews are pretty much white, certainly whiter than Arabs and the first realistic depiction of Jesus was that of a Greek man and Jews and Greeks are pretty much the same:

Spas_vsederzhitel_sinay.jpg

To answer the OP, "Christian" art after the Renaissance is not actually Christian anymore. After the pagan revolution that was the Renaissance, the west has lost all knowledge of the meaning of true sacred art:

Which is what the art of the middle ages was, where the depiction of angels was "symbolic", and was not intended to be taken literally, hence, why the icons and paintings of medieval Europe or the art of the Orthodox eschew any realism, including a lack of perspective. That was actually by design.

Here, read this book if you want to know more:

The Essenes had long hair, and it is theorized that Jesus was associated with that group or similar groups. John the Baptist too, hence why he is also portrayed as having long hair. As for Jesus being portrayed as "white". The Jews are pretty much white, certainly whiter than Arabs and the first realistic depiction of Jesus was that of a Greek man and Jews and Greeks are pretty much the same:

Entering territory which a few guys here won't agree with
To answer the OP, "Christian" art after the Renaissance is not actually Christian anymore. After the pagan revolution that was the Renaissance, the west has lost all knowledge of the meaning of true sacred art:

Which is what the art of the middle ages was, where the depiction of angels was "symbolic", and was not intended to be taken literally, hence, why the icons and paintings of medieval Europe or the art of the Orthodox eschew any realism, including a lack of perspective. That was actually by design.

Interesting. I've also heard that in the bible texts that the saints were pretty much saying do not fear before talking about one of the angels, almost concluding that these angels aren't of a pleasant physical nature.

i believe in this angel

Cherubim are cool

Entering territory which a few guys here won't agree with

Interesting. I've also heard that in the bible texts that the saints were pretty much saying do not fear before talking about one of the angels, almost concluding that these angels aren't of a pleasant physical nature.

The Orthodox believe the angels are a manifestation of God's powers or "energies". Their proximity to God means they carry something of his inscrutability and impassibility which means a direct encounter with an angel can be a frightening experience. This has nothing to do with their appearance in itself since we cannot actually see it, seeing that their bodies belong to a level of reality that is above this one, but it's more of the presence they project that can be fearsome, much like a direct encounter with God can be fearsome.

It was just because they were losers who couldn't draw. Look at the later triumph arches in Rome. They make the people look like playmobile men.