Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Smartphones are more like "pocket PCs" than phones

Do I have a point?

• Total voters
Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
Don't you think?

We call them phones and treat them like phones, but really when you look at this device it has more in common with a pocket PC / PDA / palmtop than with a mobile phone.

I feel like society has become way too obsessed with these things that are basically very small computers. Whatsapp, QR codes, Apple Pay, etc etc. It's like it's taking over everything and becoming more and more mandatory in our lives.

I remember when I was younger and I'd have a little Psion Revo pocket PC and a minidisc player and a very simple phone. I really miss those days! The tech felt less like it was taking over your life and more like little gadgets that you could live without if need be.

I guess the issue is that mobile phones are great for emergencies but when you bundle the whole world's worth of functionality into them you end up dependent on something that is too all-encompassing and increasingly forced on us just to function in society.

It's hard to explain, but... do other people here know what I mean?

Agreed. I use my phone as a PC far more than as a phone

Cheap Android are the phone for incel :feelsdevil:

Budget Android phone is incel trait

iPhone is fakecel trait :feelsUgh:

Don't you think?

We call them phones and treat them like phones, but really when you look at this device it has more in common with a pocket PC / PDA / palmtop than with a mobile phone.

I feel like society has become way too obsessed with these things that are basically very small computers. Whatsapp, QR codes, Apple Pay, etc etc. It's like it's taking over everything and becoming more and more mandatory in our lives.

I remember when I was younger and I'd have a little Psion Revo pocket PC and a minidisc player and a very simple phone. I really miss those days! The tech felt less like it was taking over your life and more like little gadgets that you could live without if need be.

I guess the issue is that mobile phones are great for emergencies but when you bundle the whole world's worth of functionality into them you end up dependent on something that is too all-encompassing and increasingly forced on us just to function in society.

It's hard to explain, but... do other people here know what I mean?
yes, I know what you mean. now you can feed your addicition everywhere.

Hoe about an iPhone XR with a worn battery that has only 79% battery health?

Smartphones were the beginning of the end for soyciety.

True.

lol I actually use cheap Android phones yeah XD

I feel like the biggest reason to use Apple is just image, which seems a bit silly really.

After this recent thought process though I'm tempted to carry a simple phone primarily and keep a smartphone in my backpack in a case, just like I used to with my Psion Revo! Then it's more like a pocket PC!

It would mean needing two sims though unless the simple phone could generate a hotspot.

Maybe I'm just a boomer missing what I'm used to lol

You have a point
I have an android, but barely use it as i'm on my laptop usually

I have Motorola Moto E13, truecel phone :feelsokman:

I have a Motorola too! I forget the model but it's fairly old.

I also have a couple of Alcatels and a "dumbphone" that I think is also an Alcatel.

I wonder if even that term dumbphone is designed to shame people away from using non-smartphones.

No phone master race, lol

they're only useful for very simple and basic tasks like web browsing (still sucks compared to PC/Laptop experience) online banking, contactless payment, messengers, social media, basic file manipulation, very simple video/photo editing

since mid april to august this year i only had a smartphone and it was pain in the ass in comparison to PC experience

Images   2024 10 03T205133097

lol basically yes.

they're only useful for very simple and basic tasks like web browsing (still sucks compared to PC/Laptop experience) online banking, contactless payment, messengers, social media, basic file manipulation, very simple video/photo editing

I actually still tend to use my PC for banking and cards for payment.

I'm constantly making an effort to depend on my phone less as I don't trust these darn things!

(mostly because of how they seem to be used for control and interference in your life)

Android for emulate n64 games to play handheld

Mine has a laser and weighs like 2 pounds.

Attachments

• Picsart_24-10-03_09-35-14-128.jpg
    Picsart_24-10-03_09-35-14-128.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 13
How is Chad
iPhone is expensive (Chads are rich) and it is also made with top tier materials and it has good specifications, just like Chad.

Cheap budget Android phones are subhuman.

Is it running aosp? Or lineage?
It's stock android 13, they don't put bloatware in them other than the measuring tools for its features. It's a phone for contractors. Really powerful gaming phone for under $300. Doesn't need a case or anything, can use it in the shower, dropped a bunch of times without a scratch, metal guards, etc. Thing's badass, like a phone out of 2077. It's got a button on the side you can set to a custom key. I use it to do screenshots and turn on the flashlight.

Last edited:
It's stock android 13, they don't put bloatware in them other than the measuring tools for its features. It's a phone for contractors. Really powerful gaming phone for under $300. Doesn't need a case or anything, can use it in the shower, dropped a bunch of times without a scratch, metal guards, etc. Thing's badass, like a phone out of 2077. It's got a button on the side you can set to a custom key. I use it to do screenshots and turn on the flashlight.
Wireless charging?

iPhone is expensive (Chads are rich) and it is also made with top tier materials and it has good specifications, just like Chad.

Cheap budget Android phones are subhuman.
Even robots can be incel

wait forgot to quote

Last edited:
My phone does not have power armor :(
It's just... People can get these for $300. And yet an iPhone is $1,000+. Then again those same buyers are behind the dogpill.

Yes that's why I bought that one specifically, cheapest one that had wireless charging at the time

ulefone power armor 13
Thanks bro

it is a portable computer

It's just... People can get these for $300. And yet an iPhone is $1,000+. Then again those same buyers are behind the dogpill.

Huh that's cheap I think. The specs are comparable, or?

it is a portable computer

Yeah my solution in the end was to just keep a carry case in my backpack. And then if I want a break from it, I can stick it on airplane mood and put it in there and that's that!