Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Small takeaway from Aldous Huxley’s “a Brave New World”

Reprobus

Reprobus

Anarchycel
★★★★★
i was reading an overview of the ending, the book seems to highlight the “Incompatibility of happiness and truth.” This idea is part of the reason many of us aren’t happy with life. We possess the truth and no amount of coping can make the truth go away. Those who are happy don’t understand what we know and they laugh at our pain.

Bernard couldn’t cope. I understand him.

We possess the truth and no amount of coping can make the truth go away. Those who are happy don’t understand what we know and they laugh at our pain.
gonna nuke normies inchaa allah and destroy them

Its amazing how accurate that book is considering it came out in the 1930s. He was bang on with society being numbed by drugs and sex. I feel bad for John the savage. He had a decent enough life until he realised his maw was a junkie whore.

i was reading an overview of the ending, the book seems to highlight the “Incompatibility of happiness and truth.” This idea is part of the reason many of us aren’t happy with life. We possess the truth and no amount of coping can make the truth go away. Those who are happy don’t understand what we know and they laugh at our pain.

Yes. Power and truth don't mix. Neither do happiness and truth.

Its amazing how accurate that book is considering it came out in the 1930s. He was bang on with society being numbed by drugs and sex. I feel bad for John the savage. He had a decent enough life until he realised his maw was a junkie whore.
Art imitates life, I bet you somewhere out there is a boy growing up with a slut single mom with an onlyfans. Meanwhile the masses cheer her on for fucking men and being a slut in general, as he grows he comes to accept it..., perhaps we aren’t too far from a Brave New World

Last edited:
The only difference from Brave new World is that we don't have full scale genetic engineering from birth. We're one phase before that, where eugenics is the unspoken norm (for females choice only), and the gov promotes such degeneracy.
The slave class is already here and has no voice. The subhumans are already tagged and identified and have no voice.
Society is already an rampant reality of hedonism and degeneracy. And there will be even less incentive for humans to develop virtues or progress since the majority will accept being mindless social units, living in the confort of their own mediocrity and cuckedness.

I don't know the answer to that question, but the value of truth is something I firmly believe in.

For me personally, I've always been bugged by the truth peering its ugly head into my life from time to time. No matter the cope, expectation, whatever, that did not change the fact that the truth would show up reminding me that I"m living a lie. You cannot escape the truth. Do drugs, alcohol, video games, anime, sleep, food, religion, the internet - there comes that sobering moment in each of those where life tells you that you are coping and you live a brutal life.

That was always a source of misery.

While I'm depressed, lonely, and angry, I see it as a step up compared to superficial happiness.

True happiness - which seems to consist of being economically stable, having a wife that loves you for who you are, and having children that bring you joy - seems to be for the very few, and I think the very few that have it may not realize they have it because they cannot easily imagine a life without it. I mean when you look at President Obama - graduated top of his class at Harvard Law School, has a wife and two children, and was President of the United States - even he seems resentful about his past and seems to have a lot of bitter anger.

It sucks, but that's life.
Let's not forget normie copes as well, by the way: getting drunk on weekends, smoking pot, one night stands, sports, clubbing

Last edited:
I don't know the answer to that question, but the value of truth is something I firmly believe in.

For me personally, I've always been bugged by the truth peering its ugly head into my life from time to time. No matter the cope, expectation, whatever, that did not change the fact that the truth would show up reminding me that I"m living a lie. You cannot escape the truth. Do drugs, alcohol, video games, anime, sleep, food, religion, the internet - there comes that sobering moment in each of those where life tells you that you are coping and you live a brutal life.

That was always a source of misery.

While I'm depressed, lonely, and angry, I see it as a step up compared to superficial happiness.

True happiness - which seems to consist of being economically stable, having a wife that loves you for who you are, and having children that bring you joy - seems to be for the very few, and I think the very few that have it may not realize they have it because they cannot easily imagine a life without it. I mean when you look at President Obama - graduated top of his class at Harvard Law School, has a wife and two children, and was President of the United States - even he seems resentful about his past and seems to have a lot of bitter anger.

It sucks, but that's life.
Let's not forget normie copes as well, by the way: getting drunk on weekends, smoking pot, one night stands, sports, clubbing
We live in different worlds compared to normies, obviously. Everything they take for granted and complain about easily is problems we wish to have. Instead, nobody cares about us at all. Not many people can understand what our pain is like and assume we over react or lie about our experiences since our lives are alien to them