Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Should I stop taking SSRIs?

sulpuda

sulpuda

Officer
I am 25 years old and have been taking SSRIs since I was 14 because I have suffered from OCD. When I just started suffering from OCD, I was going crazy. When leaving the house, I checked dozens of times to make sure the gas valve was turned off. When I washed my hands, I tried to wash them for exactly 20 seconds. When I walked down the street, I tried to step on blocks regularly. Every time I passed a door, I checked whether or not there was a trap installed on the ceiling. I was constantly having visions of people being decapitated, a child in front of a crosswalk getting into a car accident, etc., and I was always obsessed with the thought, “If you don’t do this, something big will happen to you.” I consulted with my school counselor and was recommended a local psychiatric hospital.

After taking SSRIs, my OCD was alleviated surprisingly. Although not completely cured, the suffering caused by OCD has been significantly reduced. However, the reason I am thinking about quitting SSRIs is because the period when I took SSRIs overlapped with the period when my school grades dropped. When I was 14, I did very well in school. I was always first in my class and once ranked in the top five in my entire school. At the time, I had a dream of becoming a great scientist and studied passionately. However, after taking SSRIs at age 15, I suddenly began to lose motivation to study.

In order to become a great person, I felt pressured to not fall behind the competition, but after taking SSRIs, that pressure disappeared and I became bored with studying. I started truanting from school sometimes and my teachers told me I had changed. I felt like I had to study, but the worries I had about the future disappeared and I started putting things off. When I was in high school, I stopped studying at all. Unlike in middle school, I was no longer an honor student and became a completely average student. In the end, I couldn't go to college, so I'm currently working part-time.

Honestly, the reason I didn't study could simply be because I was burnt out, or it could just be that I was lazy. However, it bothers me that the time when I took SSRIs overlapped with the time when I stopped studying. Should I stop taking SSRIs right now?

Are you just taking one typa SSRI or multiple types?

Are you just taking one typa SSRI or multiple types?
I don't really remember what medications I took before because I changed my medications several times, but at first I only took one type of medication and now I'm taking escitalopram and aripiprazole.

I don't really remember what medications I took before because I changed my medications several times, but at first I only took one type of medication and now I'm taking escitalopram and aripiprazole.
I see
Since you said it helped your OCD, stop taking one of them and see if the OCD gets bad

Yes. Don't let big jewpharma get you hooked on their poisons, you will be shackled forever to wagiedom

be ready to experience brutal withdrawals if you do. they can legit turn you schizo tbh.
i took escitalopram for 5 months and all it did is remove my compassion for people completely, other than that nothing really happened. so i decided to stop taking it and almost roped because of insane pain from withdrawals