Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Should I still learn to code now?

Martes

Martes

Dedicated cake eater
-
Please tell me that it’s still useful…please

I never understood the appeal of it

Do you want to spend the rest of your life in front of a computer writing code ?

It is, but i can't say for the near future, like in 3-4 years most juniors might be replaced. Also, keep in mind that the job market in IT right now is cucked with an oversupply and high demands for even the lowest of positions. At least it was in Europe and Russia when i was looking, and that was years ago, when i tried to live.

It is, but i can't say for the near future, like in 3-4 years most juniors might be replaced. Also, keep in mind that the job market in IT right now is cucked with an oversupply and high demands for even the lowest of positions. At least it was in Europe and Russia when i was looking.
It’s over

It is, but i can't say for the near future, like in 3-4 years most juniors might be replaced. Also, keep in mind that the job market in IT right now is cucked with an oversupply and high demands for even the lowest of positions. At least it was in Europe and Russia when i was looking, and that was years ago, when i tried to live.
Back to my waiter job I guess

It's competitive as fuck, don't even try to aim for the better schools for a CS degree unless you're a gigaIQmogger or have very good grades. You'll be getting constant work and assessments that'll take over a huge percentage of your day, it's why STEM degrees have so many incel subhumans in them. Really there's no way to know just how advanced AI will become, but there's a high chance there's gonna be a lot of code monkeys and lower-level "programmers" laid off as AI takes over. Thus making it even more competitive, you need to constantly be moving forward to not be left behind. If you're below average IQ don't even think about it, you'll be swallowed up by chinks and tryhards who've been coding since they were born. :feelsjuice:

It’s over
Yeah, it is indeed, literally over for a lot of professions, like artists, code monkeys, maybe even writers in the near future, so there is little to no reason risking getting into it now.

It's competitive as fuck, don't even try to aim for the better schools for a CS degree unless you're a gigaIQmogger or have very good grades. You'll be getting constant work and assessments that'll take over a huge percentage of your day, it's why STEM degrees have so many incel subhumans in them. Really there's no way to know just how advanced AI will become, but there's a high chance there's gonna be a lot of code monkeys and lower-level "programmers" laid off as AI takes over. Thus making it even more competitive, you need to constantly be moving forward to not be left behind. If you're below average IQ don't even think about it, you'll be swallowed up by chinks and tryhards who've been coding since they were born. :feelsjuice:
Agree, learning this shit in uni is literally slaving most of your best years for a slight chance of having a good career, and a huge fucking chances to just get laid off and replaced by a monthly subscription to ChatGPT. I left university as soon as i could, even ldar is better than constant fucking pressure.

If programming is over, what other specialties are good for incels?
I'm studying for a meme bachelor so I need to think of professions to develop skills in

It looks cool plus I have been always spending half of my life in front of a screen
It looks cool as an outsider but i assure you that once you try doing it , it's the most uncool thing in this world

I'm studying for a meme bachelor so I need to think of professions to develop skills in
There are none probably, most of them require regular human communication.

I always gave up when I learned some more coding language, I tried JavaScript, Python and C++ but I failed after some more difficult tasks. Now I'm coping with Russian and Arabic

I always gave up when I learned some more coding language, I tried JavaScript, Python and C++ but I failed after some more difficult tasks. Now I'm coping with Russian and Arabic
where did u get stuck

try to start a business

Agree, learning this shit in uni is literally slaving most of your best years for a slight chance of having a good career, and a huge fucking chances to just get laid off and replaced by a monthly subscription to ChatGPT. I left university as soon as i could, even ldar is better than constant fucking pressure.
Ikr, maybe I should join the army

and lately foids were taking advantage in the universities. ironically the intellectual jobs will be less and less and they will be the most disadvantaged unless they become fan whores only fans. physical jobs will return in glory and majesty.

Currycels have taken over coding and pushed down wages to the point where you're basically a glorified data entry clerk who works 80 hours per week. "Oh but you make 100k!" Yeah 100k but you work 80 hours per week, so...50k.

Only reason to get into coding is if you're gonna do some hacker shit. Like, For the good of mankind and all that.

Last edited:
coding is gay. do engineering

if you have a super high IQ do mechanical engineering and build drones

You’re gonna be replaced by ai in 3-5 years. If you like it than go for it, but it’s not worth it a job imo

mechanical engineering is not super high iq... believe me. he should do doctor/lawyer. making money = high iq
It depends on the school because at the best schools you will be competing against high IQ people where everything is graded on a curve.

medical school is much easier. There isn't nearly as much math. It just takes forever before you actually start making money.

It depends on the school because at the best schools you will be competing against high IQ people where everything is graded on a curve.
mechanical engineer school is way harder than work. it's stupid. many people complain how everyone thinks you must be rich to be a mechanical engineer because you have to get through the hard schooling.... well it pays like shit for what it is.
medical school is much easier. There isn't nearly as much math. It just takes forever before you actually start making money.
medical field is completely superior to dumb cucked stem. it's funny how aspies go into stem (do not count computer science or coding in this) and end up better people persons after getting work, but chads go into medicine and come out as worse people. it's like politics where you have the wrong types going in. we need aspies going into medical and chads into stem.

Don't please, it's the most retarded, soul crushing, hope destroying career ever. Also you'll fight with indians for jobs and need to know 4000000 things that will be replaced next year and you'll have to re-learn everything

Coding takes a while if you get good at it it might work out if that what you want to do .

Don't please, it's the most retarded, soul crushing, hope destroying career ever. Also you'll fight with indians for jobs and need to know 4000000 things that will be replaced next year and you'll have to re-learn everything
AI

mechanical engineer school is way harder than work. it's stupid. many people complain how everyone thinks you must be rich to be a mechanical engineer because you have to get through the hard schooling.... well it pays like shit for what it is.

medical field is completely superior to dumb cucked stem. it's funny how aspies go into stem (do not count computer science or coding in this) and end up better people persons after getting work, but chads go into medicine and come out as worse people. it's like politics where you have the wrong types going in. we need aspies going into medical and chads into stem.

If you want to make the most money then yeah law or medicine but you will be putting in serious time. If you want to make just enough to get out of the system as quickly as possible then engineering.

get out of the system as quickly as possible then engineering.
season 6 episode 13 GIF

I would suggest not being a programmer if you don't want to be incel. There are pretty much no women in this field. The money is very good but most programming jobs are extremely stressful. Like, they put ALOT of pressure on you to finish your tasks as fast as possible. If you can handle that constant pressure then you'll probably be fine though( It helps that you work in a comfy office or work from home).

Anyway Its really, really hard to get jobs in this industry right now. Every employer seems to expect you to be very fast and know their special snowflake stack and libraries inside and out. I only got my current job(its remote) because of my portfolio and the fact that I put up with live leetcodes and a multi-phase takehome. Most of the people i talk with say they wouldn't put up with that but I did it just because I really needed work(I was sick of being a jobless NEET).

Don't fall for the chatGPT, "ai will make programmers obsolete" meme. Only layman and the technically illiterate think a language model will replace programmers.

Last edited:
The other reason I like mechanical engineering is because if you're a white guy you still have a chance. It hasn't been overrun by Currycels driving wages down to zero.

Ofc business or something else would be way better but you kind of need people skills for that.

Get a degree in business administration instead. Or a different job.
And end up waiter or cashier like the majority of the population?

I would suggest not being a programmer if you don't want to be incel. There are pretty much no women in this field. The money is very good but most programming jobs are extremely stressful. Like, they put ALOT of pressure on you to finish your tasks as fast as possible. If you can handle that constant pressure then you'll probably be fine though( It helps that you work in a comfy office or work from home).

Anyway Its really, really hard to get jobs in this industry right now. Every employer seems to expect you to be very fast and know their special snowflake stack and libraries inside and out. I only got my current job(its remote) because of my portfolio and the fact that I put up with live leetcodes and a multi-phase takehome. Most of the people i talk with say they wouldn't put up with that but I did it just because I really needed work(I was sick of being a jobless NEET).

Don't fall for the chatGPT, "ai will make programmers obsolete" meme. Only layman and the technically illiterate think a language model will replace programmers.
How did you explain being neet that they still hired you? I hate how these fucking companies expect you to know their stack. They think there’s zero transferable skills between programming languages. Slave through a CS degree just to not be able to get a job unless you learn 3 different frameworks + dev ops shit

Its probably over for computer science cels. AI will take over it after some time. And the AI doesn't even need to do the job as well as a real human, because you don't need to pay AI anything. AI doesn't take breaks, AI doesn't complain, AI doesn't take days off, AI doesn't get sick, etc etc etc. As long as the AI is at least mediocre, it will probably replace humans.

How did you explain being neet that they still hired you?
low-balled myself in the salary negotiation even though I aced the technical interview.

The job was asking for 100k-140k and I asked for 80k. Got the job :feelshaha::feelshaha::feelsrope::feelsrope:

Please tell me that it’s still useful…please
if you dont have an education that can pay you properly i would start coding. Many job offers and i can guarantee you that demand will stay high for the next 10+ years. I work at an airport part time and all the men there are gigacels who never took the chance to get a proper job.

As someone who postproned programming 1 for 7 years (kek):
Most important is it to already know everything MONTHS before you ever attempt to study anything like that.

Unironically, I studied CS and it was easier to go from having no clue about math to passing calc 1 and 2 than to even remotely understand the homework assignments for Programming 1, the only reason I don't have a degree still at 30 is because I never bothered to learn to code between the semester breaks and the ONLY way to pass any CS related material is to study it way ahead of time.

I say studying CS because, unlike what YT tells you, it is far easier to get a foot into IT with an certified degree. You will probably not get a 50k a year job, or any job, like that Dorian guy on YT after being a deadbeat loser for 31 years with no work history after 5 months of coding with no degree, unless you have an insane amount of neptoism going on for you, but then you wouldn't be on this website.

you should just start a podcast