Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Should I join the gym?

Should I join the gym?

• Total voters
ilieknothing

ilieknothing

كاريسل
★★★★★
I am thinking of joining the gym because I have nothing better to do. However, there are a few issues and some gymcels may give some insight.

Firstly, I have no idea what to do and I have no friends to help me get started. How did other incels start gumming with no guidance?

Also, a somewhat minor point is that I am a little afraid of being metoo’d. I’ve seen online of foids metooing at the gym and as a currycel I’m already seen as “creepy” despite never doing anything.

I attempted to gymmaxx once before but I got so sore after the first time I never wanted to do it again.

Last edited:
Don't go to the gym. No one wants to see an incel there, they will humiliate you and give death stares. Instead, use the money you were going to buy a gym membership and invest it into simple workout tools such as dumbbells and pullup bars.

Last edited:
No. do calisthenics at home and buy the minimum equipment u need for exercising at home like a treadmill and a couple dumbells.

I am thinking of joining the gym because I have nothing better to do.
This is good, this was my situation and how I was able to make gains, you are going to need to do a bit of dieting (are you planning on bulking or losing weight?) by the time you workout and diet you wont feel like doing anything else
Firstly, I have no idea what to do and I have no friends to help me get started. How did other incels start gumming with no guidance?
I didnt really have friends to help with it either, its certainly nice to have but not needed and you will see a lot of people at the gym alone

Personally I googled excercises online to hit each body part, then my first couple times in the gym, I did not even work out, I just got the feel of the workouts, you will need excercises to hit every part of your body

For example you will need a rear delt excercise
Me personally I find all the excercises (i looked at dozens) sucked, none of them seemed to illicit the correct feeling for muscle hypertrophy for me, they felt super awkward to perform

This is the most common rear delt excercise for me, but it felt like shit to do, but what I discovered is you can do some excericses bilaterally (both arms) or unilaterally (single arm at a time) and most stuff online does not reccomend you do it unilaterally but its honestly a game changer for getting you started in the gym to explore if you want to do excercises unilaterally or not

Basically you need to understand your muscle groups, then go into the gym and experiment with an excericse you enjoy and feels good, just googling online will not be enough, I am happy to help if you message me
Also, a somewhat minor point is that I am a little afraid of being metoo’d. I’ve seen online of foids metooing at the gym and as a currycel I’m already seen as “creepy” despite ever doing anything.
I dont really have experience with this, I am not a curry, and I go to a small non chain 24/7 gym so I go when its empty if possible

I would say avoid major chain gyms like anytime fitness if possible, however the best gym, is the closest gym, you want it to be physically close as possible so that you keep consistency, consistency is all that matters
I attempted to gymmaxx once before but I got so sore after the first time I never wanted to do it again.
Maybe you overdid it, either way this can happen but it goes away after 2-3 weeks

Gym is definitely worth it for 6 months, because for 6 months you get newbie gains and u get gains that u can kinda keep on for life if you dont starvemaxx yourself, after newbie gains though it can become boring and diminishing returns

Go for it, just don’t take it too far. Don’t push yourself too hard. Trust me, it’s not worth it, as my left hip is fucked yo for life (surgery failed to fully fix it). Stick to weights you can to 12 or more reps with and it’s unlikely you will get injured. Also, please don’t try to max out on 1 RM lifts. That’s how I got injured. I’d start with weights that feel very easy and only do one set of each muscle group initially. Any more might be too much if you aren’t used to physical activity. Then, just slowly increase the weights you use over time, but still stick to weights you can do at least 8 reps with. I’d recommend a push pull legs training split, as that seems to work well for me. Don’t train everyday as well. Include enough rest days. As for the me too concern, just try not to look at the gym girls (I know it’s hard not to), and they are unlikely to bother you.

First thing you should be doing is finding a split(s) that you like. When I first joined I was doing PPL (Push, pull, legs) religiously, but changed the split to something custom. You have to experiment with it. Second thing, do not do those retarded influencer exercises. They suck ass. Stick to heavy compound lifting and the basic movements for each muscle group. You don't need friends to get into the gym. If you need a spot, ask some random. Also, I can't stress this enough, but train till ABSOLUTE FAILURE. You will not make good gains without training until the muscle is completely ripped apart and tore. You have to push after your body doesn't want to.
Also, a somewhat minor point is that I am a little afraid of being metoo’d. I’ve seen online of foids metooing at the gym and as a currycel I’m already seen as “creepy” despite ever doing anything.
Those are mostly ragebait content. Most foids at my gym mind their business and don't record. The ones that do are usually just taking quick pics of themselves (or chad).
I think theres a condition named after that. Its called not wanting to progress. The soreness is something that will keep happening if you train optimally. When I was natty, I would be sore as fuck from the last training session. I gave it a day to recover then went back to do it. I worked out 4 days a week. But my sessions were super intense, so it made up for the lack of volume throughout the week. As I said again, find whatever works for you. And if you do get serious about the gym, DONT even contemplate roids until you've been working out for at least 3 years.

**EDIT** The quality of your gains are gonna be determined by your diet and test lvls. Make sure they're dialed in.

Last edited:
This is good, this was my situation and how I was able to make gains, you are going to need to do a bit of dieting (are you planning on bulking or losing weight?) by the time you workout and diet you wont feel like doing anything else
Tbh, I’m not really sure what I want. I am regular weight so I don’t think looking to lose weight would be healthy, I have a bit of side stomach fat though that would be nice to get rid of. I don’t like eating though so I’m not sure bulking would be good.

Tbh, I’m not really sure what I want. I am regular weight so I don’t think looking to lose weight would be healthy, I have a bit of side stomach fat though that would be nice to get rid of. I don’t like eating though so I’m not sure bulking would be good.
I think thats called being skinny fat and admittedly idk what you do when its like that, I am a framelet manlet so I needed to just bulk so its as easy as eating

For being skinny fat, it should be easy enough to google it, or for someone on here to tell you what to do

I think what you do is either

A: Lose the fat first by starvemaxxing

Or

B: Bulk, building muscles and some extra fat in the process, then cut losing most of your fat but then you end up having more muscle than you did before going to the gym

I am thinking of joining the gym because I have nothing better to do. However, there are a few issues and some gymcels may give some insight.

do it if you want

Yes go for it. The gym is one of my favorite copes.