Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Should I buy this car?(been looking for a vehicle for over a year now lol..)

Buy or not buy?

• Buy

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Don't buy

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Buy something cheaper like an older RX350 , or Toyota rav4

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Tempus Edax Rerum

Tempus Edax Rerum

Sexless, Neutered, tax-paying Mouse
★★★★★

I offered 20k cash, but the owner declined my offer. I think the lowest I could get it for is 22.5k USD cash.

It only has 30k miles, and Lexus SUVs are the most reliable cars you can buy in the U.S.(ive done a lot of research, and in terms of reliability/longevity this is as good as it gets) I would keep this car for at least a decade.
It's really ugly outwardly, but it's well built.

It's a lot of money, especially for a car, more so a used car...

What to do?

If you can get it at a good price. Lexus is a good car that doesn’t break down all the time. They also last forever if you change the oil and take care of them.

No, get a nice car, a BMW

No, get a nice car, a BMW
They are nice but break down often and expensive to fix. Only person who can afford that would be like the son of a rich movie producer.

They are nice but break down often and expensive to fix. Only person who can afford that would be like the son of a rich movie producer.
It's a gentlemans ride, for sure.

Looks like a family car tbh, but up to you

get an incelrolla. 20k on a car wtf

Toyota is top tier quality control which usually means low maintenance but paying for all that faux luxury crap is a waste. Cars should go fast and get up to speed quickly mainly (handle well too if you actually enjoy driving, which that boat will not), and for that amount of money you can do much better. Get something which you won't care if you or someone else scrapes it. At least if you are a city dweller.

Lexus GX 460 is the most reliable, but no fun to drive.

I dunno nuttin' about cars. I got an 07 Focus in 2012 and haven't done any research on buying cars since.

You boys got me fucked up
She said she would sell it for $21,500

I do see car as a utility object, but I've been pressured into buying a new car. I'll never buy a new car because it's a complete waste of money I would rather buy one that is 4 or 5 years old and maximize the value that I get for my money.

I offered $10,500 for this a 2010 Lexus RX 350 with 100,000 miles on it but the guy wanted $12,500 for it and someone else bought it. Decent cars in decent shape don't show up too often.

That's why I'm kind of jumping on this one because it has only a single owner and the owner is an older lady and it was garage kept and it only has 30,000 miles on it no accidents...

Last edited:
I don’t know a lot about cars but this one seems like a nice car.

You really can’t go wrong with most any Toyota product. Try CarGurus ;)

That's a great deal, and it does look nice. I'd like to get a Lexus sedan.

I'm terrible and I deserve to die a virgin.

----

Hello,

I've looked up the cars VIN #. No accidents on record, no insurance claims, clean title as you specified in the previous messages. Which is excellent.

Although, I've noticed that the car was assembled in Cambridge, Cananda...and not in Japan.

Lexus is known for its legendary reliability...and the reason for that is that Lexus cars are exclusively made in Japan(at l were up until the point they've opened up their first plant Canada)

Long story short. If I'm buying a Lexus and paying the premium that comes with the badge...it has to be manufactured and assembled in Japan, that is what makes Lexus a Lexus. The same thing with BMW, if an individual decides to buy a BMW which is a German car, and the car was not made in Germany... it's simply not the same car.

---

Also, I've sent the link of this Lexus to the mechanic I know, to get his opinion on it. While the car has low mileage which is excellent. He explained that this is a trap that a lot of inexperienced car buyers(such as myself) fall into. That is really the main thing that attracted me to the car. Single owner, and low mileage.

He said that the wear and tear that engine, suspension, transmission accumulate in the city driving conditions are far, far greater than the wear and tear you would accumulate in a nonmetropolitan area(highway driving).

So the type of mileage is really key to understanding the accumulation of wear and tear on the car. As far as I can understand, this particular vehicle has exclusively city miles on it(Chicago), which consists of a lot of stops and go traffic, which puts increased wear and tear value on the car per mile driven. So the low miles, in this case, maybe misleading when it comes to understanding the life expectancy of the car(which is essentially what I am paying for, the expected life expectancy of the car)

He advised me to think twice about dropping 21.5k~ cash. Since most people don't have and don't pay this type of money(cash) for a used car...he said if I have time to wait and shop around I could find equivalent of this car, with higher mileage(highway miles), but with equal or lower wear and tear...for something as low as 14-15k cash.

---

I hate people that flip/flop, but due to the influx of new information, I have decided that 21.5k is just too much money for this vehicle, simple as that. Unless, you are willing negotiate a lower price I can't pay this much money for this particular vehicle. With the knowledge that I have now, the price I would be comfortable with is $17,000 cash,

Hope you understand.

Thanks,

Bye

@LastGerman thoughts?

I would get it if the motor is not bad year. Luxury interior is a plus, plus if it is an old lady with low miles means it was not taken out a lot. How much does a new one cost in comparison?

I offered 20k cash, but the owner declined my offer. I think the lowest I could get it for is 22.5k USD cash.

It only has 30k miles, and Lexus SUVs are the most reliable cars you can buy in the U.S.(ive done a lot of research, and in terms of reliability/longevity this is as good as it gets) I would keep this car for at least a decade.
It's really ugly outwardly, but it's well built.

It's a lot of money, especially for a car, more so a used car...

What to do?
If you do go ahead. Make sure to inspect thorugly and maybe get a high rated mechanic to inspect as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back